Congratulations ALL

Congratulations ALL

Postby RSFAN6 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:33 am

I was talking to Noles030 (both former players with Ryan Bollinger) and we have decided that we are really glad that we don't live in North Dakota because of the mentality in that state. We want to say congratulations to all three North Dakota young men who were drafted this year. Any draft pick should feel a great accomplishment whether you were the First pick for the 1521st pick. You have bragging rights forever, especially Ryan Bollinger and Cole Frenzel (also Zac Elgie last year) who were drafted right out of high school. Of all the high school senior baseball players and college players eligible (millions), not to mention those from out of the country . . . you three were in the top 1521 most talented baseball players in the country. As far as the rounds . . . I read the mercy round part . . . you know what Mr. Mercy round . . . they still got drafted and whether they decide to go to college or to sign . . . once you put on the jersey of the team . . . the round really doesn't matter anymore. You have to prove yourself whether you get millions or thousands and you get paid the same monthly pay when you are in the minors. Being drafted is a honor that millions of young men only can dream about (including those bashing Ryan Bollinger). He has a privilege that YOU will never have.

We knew years ago that Ryan would be drafted out of high school because he's in it for the game and doesn't brag about himself . . . even though he is good enough to have that right as well. Wish he would've stuck it out in Florida, but we understand he had to leave because of his family and the military. He certainly would've been at an advantage of getting drafted higher (not that it matters) from Florida because the competition is much stronger.
We
RSFAN6
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Congratulations ALL

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:29 pm

being drafted is a great honor...i dont think anyone will argue that fact. if they do, they arent a fan of sports. but its not just a "coincidence" that the Phillies picked Bollinger. Whens the last time a player picked after the 40th round signed out of high school? exactly, to say ti was a pick because of connections isnt that far fetched. A Phillies Scout happens to coach a player they know they wont be signing this year...

its an honor to be on a teams draft board, let alone drafted. no one is taking away from that fact....theres just a lot of hype, and bashing, for a 1457th pick in a draft.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby some random person » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:10 am

RSFAN6 wrote:I was talking to Noles030 (both former players with Ryan Bollinger) and we have decided that we are really glad that we don't live in North Dakota because of the mentality in that state. We want to say congratulations to all three North Dakota young men who were drafted this year. Any draft pick should feel a great accomplishment whether you were the First pick for the 1521st pick. You have bragging rights forever, especially Ryan Bollinger and Cole Frenzel (also Zac Elgie last year) who were drafted right out of high school. Of all the high school senior baseball players and college players eligible (millions), not to mention those from out of the country . . . you three were in the top 1521 most talented baseball players in the country. As far as the rounds . . . I read the mercy round part . . . you know what Mr. Mercy round . . . they still got drafted and whether they decide to go to college or to sign . . . once you put on the jersey of the team . . . the round really doesn't matter anymore. You have to prove yourself whether you get millions or thousands and you get paid the same monthly pay when you are in the minors. Being drafted is a honor that millions of young men only can dream about (including those bashing Ryan Bollinger). He has a privilege that YOU will never have.

We knew years ago that Ryan would be drafted out of high school because he's in it for the game and doesn't brag about himself . . . even though he is good enough to have that right as well. Wish he would've stuck it out in Florida, but we understand he had to leave because of his family and the military. He certainly would've been at an advantage of getting drafted higher (not that it matters) from Florida because the competition is much stronger.
We

wow dude chill.... now you are going out of your way to give this kid praise... the more posts i read of yours, the more and more i am convinced your his mother protecting and standing up for him.
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bushleague » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 pm

ryan bollinger is the worlds greatest baseball player and its terrible to see him go in the 1500s. i mean to see them pick 1499 kids before him is a joke, thank god he is going to Iowa Western so he can be the #1 pick next year...

JUCOs usually produce more major league players than D1 schools :roll: ... give me a break RSFAN.

and also RSFAN. you shuold change your name to RBFAN it would be muchhhh more fitting. and for you to say that if he lived in florida his stock wouldve gone up is just plain old dumb in my mind. The level of competetion in ND isnt what it is in florida and we know that but he wouldnt be standing out in florida becuase there are so many kids that are better than him there. and his coach in florida probably wasnt a phillies scout like his in minot... probably boosting his chances of getting drafted.

and i would hate to live in florida due to the mentalitly of the people there.. you people are so arrogant.. have you ever seen cole frenzel play?..he is 100000x the player that ryan is. He got drafted later because he wanted AAAALOOOOTTT of money to pull him away from getting his education and playing college baseball. but im sure ryan will get just as good of an education at that nice juco. :lol:
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:14 am

bushleague wrote:ryan bollinger is the worlds greatest baseball player and its terrible to see him go in the 1500s. i mean to see them pick 1499 kids before him is a joke, thank god he is going to Iowa Western so he can be the #1 pick next year...

JUCOs usually produce more major league players than D1 schools :roll: ... give me a break RSFAN.

and also RSFAN. you shuold change your name to RBFAN it would be muchhhh more fitting. and for you to say that if he lived in florida his stock wouldve gone up is just plain old dumb in my mind. The level of competetion in ND isnt what it is in florida and we know that but he wouldnt be standing out in florida becuase there are so many kids that are better than him there. and his coach in florida probably wasnt a phillies scout like his in minot... probably boosting his chances of getting drafted.

and i would hate to live in florida due to the mentalitly of the people there.. you people are so arrogant.. have you ever seen cole frenzel play?..he is 100000x the player that ryan is. He got drafted later because he wanted AAAALOOOOTTT of money to pull him away from getting his education and playing college baseball. but im sure ryan will get just as good of an education at that nice juco. :lol:

In the past 2 years there is people better then him here too. They just werent born lefty and tall.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:46 pm

bushleague wrote:ryan bollinger is the worlds greatest baseball player and its terrible to see him go in the 1500s. i mean to see them pick 1499 kids before him is a joke, thank god he is going to Iowa Western so he can be the #1 pick next year...

in case you guys didnt know.... bollingers actually down playing professional baaseball right now. looks like he didnt need to go to school. oh and as for his coach having helped get him drafted... its not true. todd larson is just a birddog scout. hes hardly even affiliated with the organization. ive talked to him and hes also going to the instructional leauge which is huge. you guys are a joke.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basebizzal » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 pm

09beckau wrote:

in case you guys didnt know.... bollingers actually down playing professional baaseball right now. looks like he didnt need to go to school. oh and as for his coach having helped get him drafted... its not true. todd larson is just a birddog scout. hes hardly even affiliated with the organization. ive talked to him and hes also going to the instructional leauge which is huge. you guys are a joke.
i believe the 20 best hitters and 20 best pitchers out of high school get invited to that...obviously bollinger has something that the phillies like a lot if he got invited to that
basebizzal
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball99 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:42 pm

09beckau wrote:

LOL, "looks like he didn't need to go to JUCO" :lol: He's currently 2-16 with like 8 strikeouts, I'd say he DID need to face some JUCO pitchers at Iowa Western. He might not even have been good enough to start at first base for Iowa Western, much less sign a pro contract to hit against Pro pitchers. As for him getting drafted, I guarantee he wouldn't have seen the draft board had Todd Larson not been his coach or been a scout for the Phillies. Maybe try thinking a little before posting, because the stats show that he was just another ND hitter that could hit 80 mph pitching. I hope his arm is ready cause he'll be switching to pitcher soon...for a bit.v :lol:
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:12 pm

bball99 wrote:
09beckau wrote:

LOL, "looks like he didn't need to go to JUCO" :lol: He's currently 2-16 with like 8 strikeouts, I'd say he DID need to face some JUCO pitchers at Iowa Western. He might not even have been good enough to start at first base for Iowa Western, much less sign a pro contract to hit against Pro pitchers. As for him getting drafted, I guarantee he wouldn't have seen the draft board had Todd Larson not been his coach or been a scout for the Phillies. Maybe try thinking a little before posting, because the stats show that he was just another ND hitter that could hit 80 mph pitching. I hope his arm is ready cause he'll be switching to pitcher soon...for a bit.v :lol:

wow the kid just started. What are you doing now, its not even close to what hes doing hows putting on the king costume at bk bud. pay good?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball99 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:24 am

I just have a feeling, that I'm doing more with my life than you are, Mr. 631 posts on a north dakota sports site, talking about how great a kid is, who will play 1 year and be done, and I would know this is possible because I've known many players who have signed in his situation, gone, went 4-40, got sent home and never got another chance. It's not what I would wish for to happen to Mr. Bollinger, but he kind of has it coming signing out of the 48th round or whatever he went in.
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:49 pm

bball99 wrote:I just have a feeling, that I'm doing more with my life than you are, Mr. 631 posts on a north dakota sports site, talking about how great a kid is, who will play 1 year and be done, and I would know this is possible because I've known many players who have signed in his situation, gone, went 4-40, got sent home and never got another chance. It's not what I would wish for to happen to Mr. Bollinger, but he kind of has it coming signing out of the 48th round or whatever he went in.

i bet i am doing more than you, in fact i know i am
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Return to Class A