State Tournament Time

State Tournament Time

Postby bushleague » Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 am

what are the match ups for this years tournament, and who do you have coming on top and taking it all?
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Re: State Tournament Time

Postby BaseballTonight » Wed May 27, 2009 11:49 am

Thursday
Fargo South over Bismarck Century
Minot over Fargo North
Dickinson over Devils Lake
Fargo Shanley over Williston

Friday
Bismarck Century over Fargo North
Williston over Devils Lake
Fargo South over Minot
Dickinson over Fargo Shanley

Saturday
Fargo North over Devils Lake
Williston over Bismarck Century
Minot over Fargo Shanley
Dickinson over Fargo South
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed May 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Minot vs Fargo North
South vs Century
Dickinson vs Devils Lake
Williston vs Shanley

What time are these games??

I know every year I predict the West to clean up like they always do, and the east fellas always try and make weak arguments as to why they' think they can hang with the west.... but this year they might actually have an argument. but maybe not. It will all depend on the Williston- Shanley matchup. These two teams are as equal as it gets.

I watched the EDC tourney this year and I believe they have equal talent to the west....for once. South and Shanley are as good as any team in the West.

I have to believe bollinger will crush North. Laylock will take care of DL. Hanson vs Jagim will be a good matchup. I give Shanley the slight edge but it could easily be williston. Century can't compete with South.

This puts 2 east teams vs 2 west teams and will both be super games to watch.

Dickinson vs Shanley. Dickinson wins at tourney time, but Shanley has the better team. Without Laylock on the hill I dont see Dickinson winning.

South vs Minot. South is good, but Minot is better. If its a low scoring game, I give South the advantage, but it won't be.

Minot vs Shanley

Shanley doesn't have the pitching and lets be honest, Shanley can't win a title.
Last edited by i_see_it_all on Wed May 27, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby theman » Wed May 27, 2009 12:17 pm

I sure wish that WF would've made it. They have a pitcher named Alex Pribula who is a monster and could pitch well against teams like Dickinson.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 112233 » Wed May 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Yea thats why pribula was shelled by shanley in the EDC semi final
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Wed May 27, 2009 12:27 pm

theman wrote:I sure wish that WF would've made it. They have a pitcher named Alex Pribula who is a monster and could pitch well against teams like Dickinson.

no

and south-century is the first game tomorrow, not north-minot
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Wed May 27, 2009 1:10 pm

112233 wrote:Yea thats why pribula was shelled by shanley in the EDC semi final

Pribula was not shelled by Shanley. Walked in 2 runs in the first inning and gave up nothing after that. I am going to say that that is not shelled at all... 4 or 5 walks in the first inning of a game losing the game is not shelled. They lost 2-0 with Jagim pitching.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

JR wrote:

Pribula was not shelled by Shanley. Walked in 2 runs in the first inning and gave up nothing after that. I am going to say that that is not shelled at all... 4 or 5 walks in the first inning of a game losing the game is not shelled. They lost 2-0 with Jagim pitching.

thats even worse than getting shelled.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Wed May 27, 2009 1:17 pm

greatbambino wrote:
JR wrote:

thats even worse than getting shelled.

It is bad to walk people but what i was trying to say is that he did not get shelled at all. He pitched poorly the first inning after a 30 min rain delay. After that he locked in and did not give up another run and they lost 2-0. That does not mean he is a bad pitcher at all.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby 112233 » Wed May 27, 2009 1:48 pm

jagim didnt have trouble with that 30 min. rain delay
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JR » Wed May 27, 2009 2:03 pm

112233 wrote:jagim didnt have trouble with that 30 min. rain delay

Jagim was very shaky early and WF did not jump on him. He did struggle early but was dominate towards the middle of the game and untouchable towards the end of the game. Jagim is very good. I am just making points on where you said he was shelled.. and 2 runs in the first inning is not shelled at all... it is a good pitching performance.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby northoftheborder » Wed May 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Why does everybody put South over Century. Im teling you that could be a good game. Of course Century doesnt have expierence(start 5 sophs) but South isnt the greatest hitting team ever and Johnson is as solid as anybody. Im predicting a close game but South wins 4-3.
Dicky over devils lake 10-0
Minot over North 10-0
Shanley over Williston 4-2
northoftheborder

Postby und52 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm

JR wrote:

Neither run was walked in. One was on a single and the other was a fielders choice. I think WF was a better team than north and should be in the state tournamet.

As far as games go I think that Century could give south some trouble but south will end up winning. Minot and Dickinson should not have any trouble winning their oppening round games. Willistion is a very good hitting team but thats about it and if Jagim is on the mound they may not get to many hits Shanley just can't beat themselves with errors
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman » Wed May 27, 2009 9:38 pm

First game of the year: 2 base hits he gives up, loses becuase West Fargo gets no hit. Later against Devils Lake- gives up 2 hits, takes the loss (they got no hit again). He had 68 pitches in 6 innings. He helped them destroy Valley City, and then in the EDC tournament he didn't get shelled, he started with control problems then settled down. Shanley was regular season EDC champs, and held them to 4 hits. That's not bad at all. So know what you are talking about.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 7andpoo » Wed May 27, 2009 9:43 pm

northoftheborder wrote:Why does everybody put South over Century. Im teling you that could be a good game. Of course Century doesnt have expierence(start 5 sophs) but South isnt the greatest hitting team ever and Johnson is as solid as anybody. Im predicting a close game but South wins 4-3.
Dicky over devils lake 10-0
Minot over North 10-0
Shanley over Williston 4-2

before people start saying dickinson beats devils lake like a red headed step child, you have to remember with close to the same teams as last year dude only won 2-0.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:19 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:Minot vs Fargo North
South vs Century
Dickinson vs Devils Lake
Williston vs Shanley

What time are these games??

I know every year I predict the West to clean up like they always do, and the east fellas always try and make weak arguments as to why they' think they can hang with the west.... but this year they might actually have an argument. but maybe not. It will all depend on the Williston- Shanley matchup. These two teams are as equal as it gets.

I watched the EDC tourney this year and I believe they have equal talent to the west....for once. South and Shanley are as good as any team in the West.

I have to believe bollinger will crush North. Laylock will take care of DL. Hanson vs Jagim will be a good matchup. I give Shanley the slight edge but it could easily be williston. Century can't compete with South.

This puts 2 east teams vs 2 west teams and will both be super games to watch.

Dickinson vs Shanley. Dickinson wins at tourney time, but Shanley has the better team. Without Laylock on the hill I dont see Dickinson winning.

South vs Minot. South is good, but Minot is better. If its a low scoring game, I give South the advantage, but it won't be.

Minot vs Shanley

Shanley doesn't have the pitching and lets be honest, Shanley can't win a title.
I wouldn't be so sure that Minot will throw Bollinger and Dickinson will throw Laylock. Minot usually tries to save their ace, and sometimes it bites them in the butt. I'm not sure but I think Dickinson has 1 or 2 other options that could throw against Devils Lake.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Thu May 28, 2009 10:39 am

I agree, you could be right on that one. If they both can sneak by throwing lower pitchers, You got to think they will both be in the title game.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm

South 3 Century 2
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby greatbambino » Thu May 28, 2009 3:12 pm

Bismarck Century 000 101 0 - 2 6 1

Fargo South 300 000 x - 3 6 0

Hunter Johnson and Justin Ledger. Kyle Kingsley and Tyler Kellen. W-Kingsley (7-1). L-Johnson (6-2).

Highlights: Fargo South, Kyle Kingsley 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 6 SO, 0 BB, 1-1 2 BB. David Ernst 2-4 1 run. Matt Achter 0-1 1 run, 3 BB. Matt Wawers 1-2 1 run, 1 RBI. Tyler Kellen 1-2 1 RBI. Century: Hunter Johnson 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 SO, 7 BB, 2-3, 2B, RBI, 1 run. Tate Leapaldt 1-3 1 run. Carson Wentz 1-3 RBI.

7 walks? thats brutal
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favre#1 » Thu May 28, 2009 11:26 pm

Shanley 5 4 over williston...overall a terribly sloppy game with a great ending...shanley was down 4 1 in the bottom of the 7th with two outs. Somehow they got out of there with a W.
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu May 28, 2009 11:28 pm

greatbambino wrote:Bismarck Century 000 101 0 - 2 6 1

Fargo South 300 000 x - 3 6 0

Hunter Johnson and Justin Ledger. Kyle Kingsley and Tyler Kellen. W-Kingsley (7-1). L-Johnson (6-2).

Highlights: Fargo South, Kyle Kingsley 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 6 SO, 0 BB, 1-1 2 BB. David Ernst 2-4 1 run. Matt Achter 0-1 1 run, 3 BB. Matt Wawers 1-2 1 run, 1 RBI. Tyler Kellen 1-2 1 RBI. Century: Hunter Johnson 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 SO, 7 BB, 2-3, 2B, RBI, 1 run. Tate Leapaldt 1-3 1 run. Carson Wentz 1-3 RBI.

7 walks? thats brutal

Minot defeats Fargo North 8-1
Dickinson defeats Devils Lake 10-4
Fargo Shanley rallies in the bottom of the 7th inning down 4-1 with 2 outs and no one on and won 5-4 over defending Champion Williston!!!
** http://www.jamestownsun.com/event/article/id/86517/
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 7andpoo » Fri May 29, 2009 6:59 pm

south beats minot...again.... yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn...... wake me up when something unexpected happens like the west living up to it's first round sweep talk.

But seriously will you west people please be vewy vewy quiet about hunting the east because its getting old. east team in the champ last year in a 1-0 game. West had its year two years ago ill give you that, but an east team won it two years ago. In high school the east is not as consistent as the west, but when it comes to its best teams facing each other its a dead heat. I absoutlely hate shanley with a passion and i know dickinson is 50 times the team shanley is but good god i hope the nuns win.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Fri May 29, 2009 9:20 pm

Shanley got beat 13-3 by Dickinson
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dewey11 » Sun May 31, 2009 2:31 am

7andpoo wrote:south beats minot...again.... yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn...... wake me up when something unexpected happens like the west living up to it's first round sweep talk.

But seriously will you west people please be vewy vewy quiet about hunting the east because its getting old. east team in the champ last year in a 1-0 game. West had its year two years ago ill give you that, but an east team won it two years ago. In high school the east is not as consistent as the west, but when it comes to its best teams facing each other its a dead heat. I absoutlely hate shanley with a passion and i know dickinson is 50 times the team shanley is but good god i hope the nuns win.
The West won all 4 games on Saturday. I believe that means they have more pitching depth then the east. Congrats to Dickinson on winning 1-0 in the Championship game. Laylock threw a no-hitter.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Sun May 31, 2009 2:54 am

dewey11 wrote:
7andpoo wrote:south beats minot...again.... yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn...... wake me up when something unexpected happens like the west living up to it's first round sweep talk.

The West won all 4 games on Saturday. I believe that means they have more pitching depth then the east. Congrats to Dickinson on winning 1-0 in the Championship game. Laylock threw a no-hitter.

your going to the 1st 3rd 5th and 7th place games for some analyzing? give me a break. From a march post........
1. Dickinson
2. South
3. Willy
4. Shanley (dont hurt me)
5. North or Minot (depending if Bolli can hit the ball like it owes him money)...............your the same guy that dogged me for picking shanley to take fourth......... guess im bad at picking teams. btw heck of a game for laylock, absolutely stud out there, located his curve very well and south didnt have a chance of hitting it consistently, congrats to dickinson and dewey..... all i got for you is wow buddy.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A