best east vs. best west

best east vs. best west

Postby bushleague » Thu May 07, 2009 10:20 am

Who do you think is the best team from both the east and west and how do they match up against each other?
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Re: best east vs. best west

Postby some random person » Thu May 07, 2009 10:26 am

i would have to say right now that it would be fargo south vs. dickinson high
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Thu May 07, 2009 11:08 pm

dhs vs. south
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby some random person » Fri May 08, 2009 10:25 am

not calling anyone out but who edited my post???? i didn't want it to say dickinson high, cole frenzel is the reason that team is good.... he is the team..
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dead ball era » Fri May 08, 2009 11:48 am

Isn't Shanley leading the east? Then why would South be best east?
Is this heaven? It's Iowa. - Field of Dreams
dead ball era
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Fri May 08, 2009 12:16 pm

dead ball era wrote:Isn't Shanley leading the east? Then why would South be best east?

shanley has no depth at pitching after jagim. south on the other hand, has kingsley, noriega, ernst, etc.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby HeHateMe » Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 pm

dead ball era wrote:Isn't Shanley leading the east? Then why would South be best east?

South is leading the east... their only 2 losses however have been to Shanley...
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby bushleague » Sat May 09, 2009 6:24 pm

last year with a more talented and deeper pitching staff shanley managed to make it to the toilet bowl. so this year i see nothing different, they come out of the east as the 1 or 2 after EDC and then poop the bed. Jagim was expected to win the first game last year at state and if i recall they got beat like 9-0? so people can say that jagim will get them a first game win and i will respectfully disagree and say that shanley will look to hold their thrown as toilet bowl champs
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dead ball era » Sun May 10, 2009 9:11 am

greatbambino wrote:

shanley has no depth at pitching after jagim. south on the other hand, has kingsley, noriega, ernst, etc.

Got it.
dead ball era
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dead ball era » Sun May 10, 2009 9:11 am

bushleague wrote:last year with a more talented and deeper pitching staff shanley managed to make it to the toilet bowl. so this year i see nothing different, they come out of the east as the 1 or 2 after EDC and then poop the bed. Jagim was expected to win the first game last year at state and if i recall they got beat like 9-0? so people can say that jagim will get them a first game win and i will respectfully disagree and say that shanley will look to hold their thrown as toilet bowl champs

Wow, your moniker says it all, bushleague.
dead ball era
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Sun May 10, 2009 10:02 pm

some random person wrote:not calling anyone out but who edited my post???? i didn't want it to say dickinson high, cole frenzel is the reason that team is good.... he is the team..

i would be willing to guarantee you that if frenzel wasnt playing, dhs would still be #1 in the west because of their juniors and steve and rocha as seniors.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon May 11, 2009 2:26 am

Riders you need to get off the DHS train.

first of all they are #2 in the west after getting swept by minot. the only one who can touch bollinger is frenzel and laylock. those new juniors are a long ways away from being anything special and got their wake up call against minot. anyone can hit against beulah and belcourt.
If they expect to do anything at state, dobitz better ride frenzel and laylock by the coat tails.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby RSFAN6 » Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 am

Well after Saturday and if they keep it together the three games this week . . . Looks like Minot will be #1 in the west because they swept Dickinson, but they have to get through this week. WITH A NO-NO in the first game with Bollinger and Fornshell!!!! Great pitching boys. The momentum is with Minot!!!

I didn't know there was only one person on a team . . . I don't think Cole Frenzel can play all the positions. Dickinson has a great team and it's not just down to one player. That goes for Minot too. It takes a whole team to play the game!!!!! NOT JUST ONE! What's the saying . . . There is no "I" in team.

Frenzel and Bollinger are both great players and both are in the running for the draft in June. Those boys deserve it. They have worked hard to get to where they are. Good luck to both of you at the Pre-draft showcase in Cedar Rapids. Heard through the grapevine you were both INVITED. Kids like you keep North Dakota on the scouting map . . . others should be thankful and not go bashing a kid for picking a JUCO over a D-1. As long as both kids are happy with their decisions then there is nothing bad to say.

They will both go farther in their baseball careers than the people writing the bashing posts!!!!!! :mrgreen:
RSFAN6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby und52 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:35 pm

greatbambino wrote:

Jagim got one of the wins against south but lundberg had the other and is showing he can be a solid second starter. Shanley beat both ernst and kingsley this year. Shanley's offense outways south's pitching
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Tue May 12, 2009 5:53 pm

RSFAN6 wrote:Well after Saturday and if they keep it together the three games this week . . . Looks like Minot will be #1 in the west because they swept Dickinson, but they have to get through this week. WITH A NO-NO in the first game with Bollinger and Fornshell!!!! Great pitching boys. The momentum is with Minot!!!

winning a double header isnt that big of a deal when the team that lost will still be the #2 in the west. winning in the post season is the biggest season. seeding for the 1-3 seeds isnt really that different. congrats on jumping on the minot bandwagon
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RSFAN6 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:18 pm

I see the little green monster has the Mr. Riders fan. Can't take losing to Minot huh!
RSFAN6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 pm

DHS is still leading the west, swept or not. nobody else has the 2 wins from belcourt. DHS is 1/2 game up on minot going into tonight against beulah. after tonight they both have one game left on thursday. dont talk noise unless you were there.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed May 13, 2009 1:49 pm

So minot has not played belcourt? Do they plan on it or did Belcourt forfeit?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Shanley won the EDC!

Shanley just got a pitcher eligible that is as good if not better than Jagim...so they do have some depth...just as long as their control is there!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby greatbambino » Wed May 13, 2009 3:53 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Shanley won the EDC!

Shanley just got a pitcher eligible that is as good if not better than Jagim...so they do have some depth...just as long as their control is there!

name or he doesnt exist. and this better not be another scrub post like the one about dustin mairs from south.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaseballTonight » Wed May 13, 2009 7:00 pm

greatbambino wrote:

name or he doesnt exist. and this better not be another scrub post like the one about dustin mairs from south.

Impossible another joke post everyone on this form would know who the kid was if he is better or as good as jagim
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Wed May 13, 2009 8:28 pm

BaseballTonight wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

Impossible another joke post everyone on this form would know who the kid was if he is better or as good as jagim

No man this is legit, not only does he throw 102 but with a 65 mph changeup and 8 feet break on his curveball, he's pretty much luke steckler but just a lil worse
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 pm

his last name is Lundberg...that's all I know!! He silenced South in his first start after being ineligible!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby greatbambino » Wed May 13, 2009 11:02 pm

WalkingStick wrote:his last name is Lundberg...that's all I know!! He silenced South in his first start after being ineligible!

good joke. if he's so good, why did he only play bombers last year? you and dustin mairs bff need to hang out to discuss who the best jv scrub is in the state.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby bushleague » Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm

lundberg is not even close to the pitcher that jagim is. he would be the number 4 at south or north or west fargo. and shanley did not win the EDC because if south wins today they are tied and the regular season doesnt go to a tie breaker because its meaningless.. so to say they won we'll have to wait another week to see after EDC who really won the east
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class A