best east vs. best west

Re: best east vs. best west

Postby armada113 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Lundberg gave up two hits against "the best team in the edc". How would that make him number 4 on "the best team in the edc."
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu May 14, 2009 2:38 pm

They have the #1 seed for the EDC tourney...I've even heard that from kids from South!!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri May 15, 2009 7:19 am

WalkingStick wrote:They have the #1 seed for the EDC tourney...I've even heard that from kids from South!!

Plus Fargo North just beat Fargo South 1-0 last night!!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/240702/

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kingjames » Fri May 15, 2009 8:52 am

walkingstick must be either a deacon or a deacon fan. we'll see when state rolls around where they end up again. regular season counts for nothing but bragging rights..
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Fri May 15, 2009 12:19 pm

kingjames wrote:walkingstick must be either a deacon or a deacon fan. we'll see when state rolls around where they end up again. regular season counts for nothing but bragging rights..

I'm neither....just not a South fan!!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby und52 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:53 am

Lundberg is nowhere near as good as Jagim but he is the next best pitcher on Shanley's team. As far as them being the number one seed in the EDC tournament it means they don't have to throw Jagim or Lundberg in the first game and can save them for the next two games so it kind of does matter that they won the regular season
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BaseballTonight » Tue May 19, 2009 11:20 am

South is in the exact same boat. They can throw their 3 or 4 against Central and save Kingsley for the semis. North, however, i dont believe should throw their 3 and need to throw nystrom or messerschmidt due to the fact they will be facing howe.
BaseballTonight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Agent Cooper » Tue May 19, 2009 1:35 pm

I'm guessing Red River will throw the lefty (Anderson?) as I think he had a good outing against north a couple of weeks ago. North may throw Messerschmidt since he had a good outing against Red River. Shanley can throw Jones against Wahpeton and have Jagim and Lundberg for games 2 and 3. hard to say what south will do - maybe Noriega vs. Central?
Agent Cooper
NDPreps Rookie

Postby greatbambino » Sun May 24, 2009 12:31 pm

WalkingStick wrote:his last name is Lundberg...that's all I know!! He silenced South in his first start after being ineligible!

he did a fantastic job silencing south yesterday. :roll:
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sun May 24, 2009 1:00 pm

greatbambino wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:his last name is Lundberg...that's all I know!! He silenced South in his first start after being ineligible!

oh well 1-1 against South is still pretty good...why don't you try to silence a high school team!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby greatbambino » Sun May 24, 2009 1:39 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

oh well 1-1 against South is still pretty good...why don't you try to silence a high school team!!

wouldnt be a problem.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sun May 24, 2009 3:36 pm

greatbambino wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

wouldnt be a problem.

I highly doubt that...

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 7andpoo » Sun May 24, 2009 9:48 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

wouldnt be a problem.

I highly doubt that...

If he was eligible he prob would.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Mon May 25, 2009 6:00 pm

if all the west teams play the way they can... the east will be out of the running the first day. minot and dickinson are much better than any of the east teams. I'm hoping for a state title game with Minot and Dickinson. good luck to both teams and show them how the west plays ball.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bushleague » Mon May 25, 2009 10:11 pm

09beckau wrote:if all the west teams play the way they can... the east will be out of the running the first day. minot and dickinson are much better than any of the east teams. I'm hoping for a state title game with Minot and Dickinson. good luck to both teams and show them how the west plays ball.

oh how i love people from the west..
bushleague
NDPreps Reserve

Postby northoftheborder » Tue May 26, 2009 11:02 am

With Hunter Johnson on the mound Century has a very good chance of taking down South. And all the other games should be West victories too. :D
northoftheborder

Postby 7andpoo » Tue May 26, 2009 11:54 am

09beckau wrote:if all the west teams play the way they can... the east will be out of the running the first day. minot and dickinson are much better than any of the east teams. I'm hoping for a state title game with Minot and Dickinson. good luck to both teams and show them how the west plays ball.
northoftheborder wrote:With Hunter Johnson on the mound Century has a very good chance of taking down South. And all the other games should be West victories too. :D

Now I know I heard something like this a year ago........ and northoftheborder read up on your history, Johnson got beat BY SOUTH....AT STATE last year. You guys always think dickinson minot state championship where last year not only did south, an east team that had most people had going out first round against bollinger. but willistion as well, a team you completely underestimated in your own region.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 pm

bushleague wrote:

Don't make it sound like people from the west brag so much. Teams from the west have won state 3 out of the last 9 years (http://www.ndhsaa.org/files/Baseball_A_Champs.pdf). I believe it will be Dickinson (since they've beat Williston twice this year already) and Minot (unless South beats them) in the Championship. And it should be a great game like this weekend at WDA. I think that both teams will have to use they're aces in one of the first two rounds though (Bollinger and Laylock of course).
7andpoo wrote:
northoftheborder wrote:With Hunter Johnson on the mound Century has a very good chance of taking down South. And all the other games should be West victories too. :D

Now I know I heard something like this a year ago........ and northoftheborder read up on your history, Johnson got beat BY SOUTH....AT STATE last year. You guys always think dickinson minot state championship where last year not only did south, an east team that had most people had going out first round against bollinger. but willistion as well, a team you completely underestimated in your own region.

But watch out, because Hunter Johnson very well could shut down South.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 pm

dewey11 wrote:
bushleague wrote:

Don't make it sound like people from the west brag so much. Teams from the west have won state 3 out of the last 9 years (http://www.ndhsaa.org/files/Baseball_A_Champs.pdf). I believe it will be Dickinson (since they've beat Williston twice this year already) and Minot (unless South beats them) in the Championship. And it should be a great game like this weekend at WDA. I think that both teams will have to use they're aces in one of the first two rounds though (Bollinger and Laylock of course).
7andpoo wrote:

really? you cant read what is RIGHT above you?
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:15 pm

7andpoo wrote:
dewey11 wrote:
bushleague wrote:

7andpoo wrote:

I was verifying your point. Agreeing with it. Saying it was truthful and made sense.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 pm

dewey11 wrote:
7andpoo wrote:
dewey11 wrote:
bushleague wrote:

7andpoo wrote:

I was verifying your point. Agreeing with it. Saying it was truthful and made sense.

Got ya, my bad, I just thought it was funny someone said hunter had a good chance of shutting down south when he couldnt last year at state. South has a very good chance of beating him again with Hunter having a smaller chance of shutting south down but still very possible.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Sat May 30, 2009 11:56 am

WalkingStick wrote:Shanley won the EDC!

Shanley just got a pitcher eligible that is as good if not better than Jagim...so they do have some depth...just as long as their control is there!

you still believe this?
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sat May 30, 2009 2:54 pm

greatbambino wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:Shanley won the EDC!

Shanley just got a pitcher eligible that is as good if not better than Jagim...so they do have some depth...just as long as their control is there!

you still believe this?

I think that Dickinson is a really good team and that they had the better night!! I still think that he is good...but I will retract my comment that he might be better than Jagim!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Class A