Legion Returners

Postby ndplayer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:23 pm

It's tough to really assess how good teams will be without knowing their full rosters.  I would like to know who will back from college for legion baseball this summer.  Also, are there any people out who played high school but arent playing legion.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:03 pm

Governors

Tim Jallen

Josh Standing Elk

Daniel Eichle

i believe thats it though
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby slugger_12 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:05 am

I heard williston will be returning quite a few players that will help them out on the mound.

Catlin Enno

Tyler Sorenson

Luke Aafedt

Jason Marmon

Andy Rogers

and McHale Maristuen from Trinity

I would expect Williston to contend for another state title along with Minot and Fargo and possibly Bismarck.
slugger_12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDBaseball » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:00 am

Grand Forks will be returning John Greicar, David Spies, Sean Potter, Andy Sadler, and Dan Cary is coming back from college as well.  Fargo should be strong again with Ebert, Hanson, Scholl, and Solum.  I'm not too sure who else is returning around the state.
UNDBaseball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:44 am

Jamestown is bringing back Andrew Klose- Catcher, PJ Pena- Shortstop, and Camden Kretchman- Utility.
nd-ball41

Postby rep » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:58 am

those three make up more than 25 percent of their roster this season.
rep

Postby go bison » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:45 am

where did PJ Pina come from?  Did he play at JC this year?
go bison
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:25 am

pina played jv on jc's baseball team...the roster on the jamestown college site says he is from phoenix
rep

Postby point/center » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 am

this might be a little strecht BUTTTTTT bear with me.

American Legion extended the age limit to help some of the smaller programs and the obvious shrinking pool of availalbe players in the rural areas of ND. It's no secret that interest in legion ball has been suffering. More kids are opting out of Legion Ball and attending their preferred sports of BB of FB camps. The seniors can pick from Down Under, Badlands, Sask-Dak, Shrine FB, Lions BB....there's more activities taking away from summer baseball than 10 years ago. There are fewer potential players than 10 years ago.

Now more and more towns are adding HS sponsored baseball. Legions answer is expanding the age bracket. But look what some teams are doing....bringing in kids that played JV college baseball...never have played ND Legion ball.....

It seems that HS baseball ends and it's only about 10 weeks unitl FB practice begins. don't forget the kids want some kind of summer vacationt to!

The future for American Legion baseball could use some new idea's and solid leadership to bring them forward.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:21 am

when it comes to athletics i think that the idea of a vacation or time off is non-existant. there are basketball tournaments that run through christmas vacation. there is probably a golf or track meet that runs through easter. most of the time state football and the opening weekend of deer hunting run right on top of each other.

and really, i think that if legion baseball didn't open it up to essentially whoever wants to play, a town like jamestown probably wouldn't have enough kids to field a team. i think that right now their roster is still at 11, total. all things considered...even though jamestown only has something like 16,000 people in it, that is still very very pathetic. it makes it really difficult for me to even care about the teams if there is that little general interest.

in five years i'll be curious to see what legion baseball looks like...it is a shame that there are kids that would rather (or need to) work or just plain twist off than play baseball all summer. with the summer camps...eh...it is my feeling that these camps probably don't run all summer, but it is a choice each kid has to make.
rep

Postby Honus355 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:04 pm

To Clarify something...the Age Rule is a national rule, not just relevant to North Dakota. Not like it changes anything, just clarifying.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:11 pm

I NEED TO SAY THIS I DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE JUST ADULTS SAYING THIS BUT IF THERE ISNT THIS TOPIC NEEDS A KID/PLAYER SAYING A LITTLE SOMTHING AND WITH THAT SAID HERE ARE A COUPLE REASONS THAT KIDS ARE NOT PLAYING

KIDS WANT TO BE WITH FRIENDS THEY NEED TO HAVE SOME SORT OF LIFE BECAUSE LETS BE HONEST WITH OURSELVES BASEBALL WILL TAKE 1 OR 2 KIDS A YEAR FROM ND FAR THE REST WILL END AT COLLAGE

KIDS DONT LIKE HAVING THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL COACH FOR THE SUMMER 

AMERICAN KIDS ARE GETTING FAT AND LAZY

AND 1 LAST REASON SOME PEOPLE WHO DONT HAVE RICH FAMLIES HAVE TO WORK TO GET MONEY TO PAY FOR COLLAGE

THIS IS JUST WHAT I AM SEEING THOUGH
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:31 am

you should hit the books while your doing those things because collage is spelled college but thats ok.... and thats the college I think your looking for....
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kel20Nd » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:35 pm

bballer2 wrote:you should hit the books while your doing those things because collage is spelled college but thats ok.... and thats the college I think your looking for.
Get a life.
kel20Nd

Postby point/center » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:42 am

rep wrote:when it comes to athletics i think that the idea of a vacation or time off is non-existant. there are basketball tournaments that run through christmas vacation. there is probably a golf or track meet that runs through easter. most of the time state football and the opening weekend of deer hunting run right on top of each other.

and really, i think that if legion baseball didn't open it up to essentially whoever wants to play, a town like jamestown probably wouldn't have enough kids to field a team. i think that right now their roster is still at 11, total. all things considered...even though jamestown only has something like 16,000 people in it, that is still very very pathetic. it makes it really difficult for me to even care about the teams if there is that little general interest.

in five years i'll be curious to see what legion baseball looks like...it is a shame that there are kids that would rather (or need to) work or just plain twist off than play baseball all summer. with the summer camps...eh...it is my feeling that these camps probably don't run all summer, but it is a choice each kid has to make.

but take for a minute the 10 weeks of maybe summer between spring baseball and football practice. we'll see more and more kids going to multiple FB and BB camps. thow in a position specific camp. their local 'captain's practice and you've cut that time in 1/2. 

vacation? what's that?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:23 pm

kel20Nd wrote:
bballer2 wrote:you should hit the  while your doing those things because collage is spelled  but thats ok.... and thats the college I think your looking for.
Get a life.

tough guy.....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby triple » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:10 am

Last year our baseball team won the Legion baseball tournament and got to go to Ely, Minnesota to play in the Central Plains tournament. It was one of the funniest baseball times i have had. On the other hand i got 2 hours off in between baseball season and football season. We got home and had to go and get the fb spikes and hurry and get to football practice.
triple

Postby ndplayer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:45 am

triple wrote:Last year our baseball team won the Legion baseball tournament and got to go to Ely, Minnesota to play in the Central Plains tournament.

I'm pretty sure the Central Plains tournament was in Mandan last year.  Who was your team?
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:14 am

He's talking about Class B.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:31 pm

I have a question is leer playing for williston or no and if not why not
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Strike3? » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Yes he is playing for Williston, why wouldnt he?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:29 am

i just heard he got into trouble ad i havent seen his name in the papers
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class A