Fastest Pitchers

Postby Fargo314 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:13 pm

smart source wrote:forgive me if im wrong but didnt carr throw in the low 90's but ended his senior year with a losing record? i could be wrong
ya carr may hit 92 every once in awhile now but when he is in the stretch (around 70% of the time throughout a game) he only hits 83-86.  i bet that looks juicy for all those D1 hitters knowing he has a shaky curveball to begin with...
Fargo314

Postby Ace08 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 am

I also heard Ebert was hitting 93 and I can see that.  He' cut weight and got into better shape.  Him hitting 93 isnt a joke.
Ace08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ace08 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:24 am

highheat wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
highheat wrote:i heard ebert has been hitting 93 consistently and lundy is hitting 89-90 as well...and landry probably hasnt touched a baseball in months.

LOL!!! 93... LOL!!! Believe it when i see it. That means he added 7-8 miles an hour in the course of 6 months. Dont think so! Funny how Ebert stories always have him throwing 5 miles an hour harder then he usually is. I remember seeing a video on a scouting service of him a year ago when rumor flying around was he was throwing 88+. He was actually 81-82. So as I said. Believe it when i see it.

so youre saying he got the spot as the ace at his juco by throwing 85? at state last high school season he was gunned at 89 several times and at the bemidji tournament his team attended before edc he was registering the same speed. im sure the coaches at iowa western got him to start lifting and fixed little things in his mechanics, so i dont see why he couldnt be throwing 93 consistantly.

I heard tom was hitting 93 too.  He cut a lot of weight and got into shape.  He has a great arm and getting into shape with better coaching... 93 isnt out of the question.
Ace08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:10 pm

Fargo314 wrote:
smart source wrote:forgive me if im wrong but didnt carr throw in the low 90's but ended his senior year with a losing record? i could be wrong
ya carr may hit 92 every once in awhile now but when he is in the stretch (around 70% of the time throughout a game) he only hits 83-86.  i bet that looks juicy for all those D1 hitters knowing he has a shaky curveball to begin with...

Carr became a classic Todd Oaks pitching clone at Minnesota. Fast ball, curveball, change up with everyone. They lengthened his arm mechanics to give him a better curveball which inturn lowers his velocity instead of teaching him a slider. Their entire staff does the same thing. He was consistant 87 when he started in Fargo against NDSU last spring in 40 degree weather.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class A