Bismarck High School

Bismarck High School

Postby baseball06 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Rumor has it that Bismarck is down some key players. Who will they have at each position? Do they have a chance to make it out of WDA?
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bismarck High School

Postby King James » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:24 pm

from the way it sounds hochalter karel and trevor johnson wont play because they dont like coach olson. thorton might not play so he can work on football and get stronger. jolliffe is questionable because playing baseball could be tough coming off a broken collarbone
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:06 pm

There is nothing wrong with coach Olson, He tells players like it is and gets rid of egos, its either play for the team and stay or play for yourself and get the he** out. I have played hockey and baseball for him 4 seasons and thats how it goes, he is a great coach!

Back to topic, all i can really think of for BHS is Deyle and Sam Ingemensen there are going to be a lot of new faces and I think they are just going to be too young to stir the pot even in WDA this year, i see them as nothing above a 4 seed
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball06 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:08 pm

ya i heard trevor is playing, and that esley is out and jolliffe is questionable leaning toward out. all they have is tyler peterson, deyle, ingemansen, trevor, austin zorn(soph.)and steven glasser back from varsity last year.
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby King James » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:41 pm

I've never heard of the zorn kid. Glasser wont see the field much, except when deyle pitches. The last time i talked to trevor about playing he told me he wasn't planning on it. Zach Jacobson could play and be a great pitcher and outfielder for them. The reason the players dont like Olson is because its his way or the highway. And he isn't really a fun guy. Now thats what you want in a coach. The only thing is that he isn't winning much. I know the parents were making a big push to get him fired, then all the players that quit were going to come back and play.
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:34 pm

[quote="King James"]I've never heard of the zorn kid. Glasser wont see the field much, except when deyle pitches. The last time i talked to trevor about playing he told me he wasn't planning on it. Zach Jacobson could play and be a great pitcher and outfielder for them. The reason the players dont like Olson is because its his way or the highway. And he isn't really a fun guy. Now thats what you want in a coach. The only thing is that he isn't winning much. I know the parents were making a big push to get him fired, then all the players that quit were going to come back and play.[/quote]

Thats the problem with sports, parents think they can coach, you can't win when kids don't give their all and than quit the team and brag about it, I think in 04 he led them to 2nd at state. Its obvious and i don't want to be mean because than someone's parents will want me kicked off this site but it makes it really tough to win in class A baseball when you have 4 good/above average hitters, and 4 good/above average fielders. Its a terriable comparrison, but do you think turtle mtn. wants to get rid of thier coach, it has a lot to do with talent, last year BHS had talent but they also had some REALLY REALLY big heads which takes away team chemistry and causes drama. not to mention that last season almost everyone in the west was really talented. Blameing the coach is just a cheap cop out, and than when they fire the coach and the kids still arnt winning (because they are not very good) its because they have to get used to the new coach.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4baseball4 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:09 pm

King James wrote:I've never heard of the zorn kid. Glasser wont see the field much, except when deyle pitches. The last time i talked to trevor about playing he told me he wasn't planning on it. Zach Jacobson could play and be a great pitcher and outfielder for them. The reason the players dont like Olson is because its his way or the highway. And he isn't really a fun guy. Now thats what you want in a coach. The only thing is that he isn't winning much. I know the parents were making a big push to get him fired, then all the players that quit were going to come back and play.

U serious? Ive played for coach olson and he is a fun coach and hilarious. he also lets a lot of stuff go. He can be tough some times but deal with it. Isnt that what a coach is supposed to do?
4baseball4

Postby baseball06 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:25 pm

well back to the subject..
p-deyle,peterson,zorn
c-trevor, s. ingemensen
1b-???
2b-ingemansen,glasser
ss-deyle, glasser
3b-???
Of-peterson, jollife, and glasser played for the reps all summer in center
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 4baseball4 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:17 pm

baseball06 wrote:well back to the subject..
p-deyle,peterson,zorn
c-trevor, s. ingemensen
1b-???
2b-ingemansen,glasser
ss-deyle, glasser
3b-???
Of-peterson, jollife, and glasser played for the reps all summer in center

zorn at pitcher? he throws 70 with hardly any junk and he will pitch?
4baseball4

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Maybe Coach Olson should stop accusing some of his players of drinking, than maybe he would have more players going out...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:04 pm

thats exactly right. i bet if he quit, 4 or 5 more potential varsity players would go out
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball06 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:48 pm

unless esley hoku or jacobson go out which all three wont...there arent any more pitchers other then petey and deyle...NONE
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Ming01 wrote:Maybe Coach Olson should stop accusing some of his players of drinking, than maybe he would have more players going out...

Ming man, I am not going to say names but is it still accusing if he is right?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:15 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Maybe Coach Olson should stop accusing some of his players of drinking, than maybe he would have more players going out...

No, he wasn't right. I am not sure about everybody that was accused, but I know there were some that he singled out that weren't. He got false information from somebody that some people were drinking and he singled them out through the season and in practices. That's all I'm going to say.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball06 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:13 pm

he singled them out at ONE practice, asking them a question and 3 of them walked off when he only singled out 2 of them.
baseball06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

No, he wasn't right. I am not sure about everybody that was accused, but I know there were some that he singled out that weren't. He got false information from somebody that some people were drinking and he singled them out through the season and in practices. That's all I'm going to say.

Right or not, NDHSAA has a association policy and the fact of the matter is these 3 were there so regardless drinking or not they would still serve the same suspension if they were found guilty, and It takes a amazing coach to do this to his players...It means you have morals and it is a hard thing to come by in people these days!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Demon-Pride » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Right or not, NDHSAA has a association policy and the fact of the matter is these 3 were there so regardless drinking or not they would still serve the same suspension if they were found guilty, and It takes a amazing coach to do this to his players...It means you have morals and it is a hard thing to come by in people these days!

Very interesting Saucesauer. Yes, it takes a amazing coach to do this to his players... To faultily accuse, lie, belittle and not communicate to his players on what he may have heard. It would have taken some real leadership from a coach to followup on such hearsay. But it seams much easier for the coach to let administration take care of what he thought he heard. For a coach to show no respect to his players is wrong. One the coach will have to live with. WOW, to lie to the players, to accuse his players, to not communicate to the players about what he thought he heard and belittle them MEANS the coach has very few MORALS..For a coach to say these players have "Disipline Problems" shows the real color of this coach.

Which leads me to the BHS Baseball Program and Demon Pride. It is sad to hear players not wanting to play Demon Baseball and represent BHS, who have played since teeball. To hear about past players trying to get others to not play the game. What is going on and Why? Sounds like the program needs some help and leadership. Lets see some Demon leadership, charecter, honor, pride and respect for the BHS Baseball Program. The players from BHS bring alot of this to the table. Many of the Demon Baseball players have played on State Basketball Championship team, Wrestling Championships and a Football Championship Team. Lets hope for some stronger leadership, charecter, honor, pride and respect from the coaching staff.
Demon-Pride

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Demon-Pride wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Very interesting Saucesauer. Yes, it takes a amazing coach to do this to his players... To faultily accuse, lie, belittle and not communicate to his players on what he may have heard. It would have taken some real leadership from a coach to followup on such hearsay. But it seams much easier for the coach to let administration take care of what he thought he heard. For a coach to show no respect to his players is wrong. One the coach will have to live with. WOW, to lie to the players, to accuse his players, to not communicate to the players about what he thought he heard and belittle them MEANS the coach has very few MORALS..For a coach to say these players have "Disipline Problems" shows the real color of this coach.

Which leads me to the BHS Baseball Program and Demon Pride. It is sad to hear players not wanting to play Demon Baseball and represent BHS, who have played since teeball. To hear about past players trying to get others to not play the game. What is going on and Why? Sounds like the program needs some help and leadership. Lets see some Demon leadership, charecter, honor, pride and respect for the BHS Baseball Program. The players from BHS bring alot of this to the table. Many of the Demon Baseball players have played on State Basketball Championship team, Wrestling Championships and a Football Championship Team. Lets hope for some stronger leadership, charecter, honor, pride and respect from the coaching staff.

It is very interesting, are kids never at fault? does a kid think he is above the law? does his head get to big or his ego? is the world always out to get a person? No, I don't know why I even bother posting in this topic, I forgot that kids these days expect to get pampered. Thats why its the blue coller teams that tend to excel at what they do example Williston and Dickinson, from what I hear those kids just want to play they dont have the egos that kids from for example BHS and CHS have. Trust me I have gotten the full story from more than 1 person on the BHS baseball team, I even listened to one of the kids braging to his friends the SAME DAY he quit....If you honestly think adults are that dumb and misinformed you will be in for a rude rude awakining trust me!

Back to topic coach Olson is a great coach for BHS and although this year looks like it may be tough the next couple of years they should be back to where they were like in 05 when he led them to a 2nd place finish at state behind Minot!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Demon-Pride » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:02 am

It is easy to blame the players. They are always wrong. The coach is always right. So why did the coach have to LIE about turning in the players. Who or what was he trying to hide from? If the coach did not lie and communicated what he had to do we would not be having this discussion... NOBODY is above the law including the players and COACH. The BHS baseball players are not blue collar? How did the BHS boys team win State basketball, wrestling, track, cross country and football in the last 10 months?? They paid the price with some hard work, dedication and DEMON PRIDE. Many of the BHS basball players come from 2-3 of those sports. It is interesting to hear for those head coaches about the work ethic and blue collar approach the kids have in representing BHS. Williston and Dickinson have good baseball programs and coaching staff NOT trying to coach a varsity sport at different high schools. Don't get me wrong coach Olson know baseball and is a great teacher. But the players have a hard time adjusting to a Century teacher and varsity hockey coach in a school up north. Bismarck players take pride being Demons or Patriots. I think it is a hard adjustment for the BHS baseball players.
Demon-Pride

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:26 am

Demon-Pride wrote:It is easy to blame the players. They are always wrong. The coach is always right. So why did the coach have to LIE about turning in the players. Who or what was he trying to hide from? If the coach did not lie and communicated what he had to do we would not be having this discussion... NOBODY is above the law including the players and COACH. The BHS baseball players are not blue collar? How did the BHS boys team win State basketball, wrestling, track, cross country and football in the last 10 months?? They paid the price with some hard work, dedication and DEMON PRIDE. Many of the BHS basball players come from 2-3 of those sports. It is interesting to hear for those head coaches about the work ethic and blue collar approach the kids have in representing BHS. Williston and Dickinson have good baseball programs and coaching staff NOT trying to coach a varsity sport at different high schools. Don't get me wrong coach Olson know baseball and is a great teacher. But the players have a hard time adjusting to a Century teacher and varsity hockey coach in a school up north. Bismarck players take pride being Demons or Patriots. I think it is a hard adjustment for the BHS baseball players.

Come on now he teaches at CHS and coaches hockey boo who, the only problem with last years team was there were 4-5 REALLY REALLY BIG EGOS on that team! IMO the baseball players were not blue collar, the wrestling team really wasnt either they were just loaded with talent, as was the football team. I am not talking about baseketball or running in circles or running long distances in circles because i dont know the kids on those teams and i really dont care about those sports.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4baseball4 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Demon-Pride wrote:It is easy to blame the players. They are always wrong. The coach is always right. So why did the coach have to LIE about turning in the players. Who or what was he trying to hide from? If the coach did not lie and communicated what he had to do we would not be having this discussion... NOBODY is above the law including the players and COACH. The BHS baseball players are not blue collar? How did the BHS boys team win State basketball, wrestling, track, cross country and football in the last 10 months?? They paid the price with some hard work, dedication and DEMON PRIDE. Many of the BHS basball players come from 2-3 of those sports. It is interesting to hear for those head coaches about the work ethic and blue collar approach the kids have in representing BHS. Williston and Dickinson have good baseball programs and coaching staff NOT trying to coach a varsity sport at different high schools. Don't get me wrong coach Olson know baseball and is a great teacher. But the players have a hard time adjusting to a Century teacher and varsity hockey coach in a school up north. Bismarck players take pride being Demons or Patriots. I think it is a hard adjustment for the BHS baseball players.

The century coach doesn't work at century either so century must have a hard time adjusting too?? Pretty sure where your coach works shouldnt matter.
4baseball4

Postby Ming01 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:43 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I know of at least one person on that team who was wrongly accused and he even had proof of it but Coach Olson still turned his back...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Keyz20 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:26 pm

yea...
Last edited by Keyz20 on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

What is the NDHSAA's association policy? When I have had to sign papers to be in a sport, it just says that I can't use drugs or tobacco products. It doesn't say anything about being around alcohol or tobacco. Does anyone know the exact wording of this?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:48 pm

balla45 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

What is the NDHSAA's association policy? When I have had to sign papers to be in a sport, it just says that I can't use drugs or tobacco products. It doesn't say anything about being around alcohol or tobacco. Does anyone know the exact wording of this?

I dont know the exact wording but I know bismarck public schools deffinition is summed up as anywhere where there are minors consuming alchoholic beverages, the tobacco one is really loose though, Sooo basically if you are at a party even if you are the DD and there is anyone who says you were there or a pic with yo in it and any form of booze your done no questions asked, thats for BPS though...playing for Olson though unless its changed even after suspension he will ask you to leave and if not you just wont play he is strict about that!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Class A