09 High School Rankings?

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:21 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
7andpoo wrote:
Riotmaker#9 wrote:Anyone want to talk wbout the east at all?

No the east is totally irrelevant and never beats any west teams come state.

Ya you may just want to go to the hockey thread...than again BHS may have somthing to say there.

That was sarcasm :?
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stearns1 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:03 am

what about the east?
Stearns1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyfan741 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:23 am

as Sauce was saying maybe you should just leave the east, With hockey, and as it looks BHS could be messing up the easts Rep.
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby some random person » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:23 pm

hockeyfan741 wrote:as Sauce was saying maybe you should just leave the east, With hockey, and as it looks BHS could be messing up the easts Rep.

wow BHS won a meaningless mid-season game against South. South didn't start hardly anyone cause they were resting up for a tournamnet in Roechester, MN
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 am

Ya the west is completely dominant is getting old and you cannot compare east baseball to west hockey. last year state tourney, yes an EAST team beat your holiness, gods gift to baseball, the alpha, omega and everything in between ZAC ELGIE and then century to go to the state title game. I believe this year as well it will be an east vs west champ with Dickinson and South with Dickinson winning a close one, so seriously the east bashing is old. Yes the west is better but not to the extent where you don't have to even include half the state for best team.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:42 pm

Here's how i see the EDC since nobody else wants to mention the east i will. and the key returning players imo.
1. North---Schnabel, Hoffman, Barnum, Nystrom, Messerschmidt, and Braaten
2. South---Kingsley, Fahy, Ernst, Achter
3. Shanley--- Jagim, Jones, Schweigert, and Geffro(sp)... 1-4 hitters all back
4. West Fargo--- Mapes, Benson, Gronbeck
5. Red River---Ladoucer, Kraft, and Howe
6. Wahpeton---sorry fellas i dont know much about ya
7. Central---PurPur i think ? and the SS thats been playing since his freshman year, if someone knows his name go ahead and throw it out there because i dont
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 pm

1. north. return a lot of players and experience plus have some potential coming into the varsity program this year.
2. shanley. strong group returning from last year. could make a run at number one.
3. south. good core group of players but have some rather large holes to fill. pitching depth may become an issue.
4-6. west fargo, red river and devils lake. west fargo could make a run at the top 3 if their younger players can pull through for them. if they dont wf will be in the cellar again this year. red river and devils lake return some good players but the depth and balance just isnt there for them.
7-9. wahpeton, central and valley city. weak teams that will be competing just to go to the edc tournament.

i personally think the top of the edc can compete with the top of the west this year. just the thoughts of an old man.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby of course » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:16 pm

im sorry but there is no way they will beat laylock bully and hanson in the 1st games of the state tourney maybe hanson but in no way will they touch laylock and bully just not enough hitting in the east
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 am

of course wrote:im sorry but there is no way they will beat laylock bully and hanson in the 1st games of the state tourney maybe hanson but in no way will they touch laylock and bully just not enough hitting in the east

well if they are both 1 seeds then they will meet in the champ so south would face hanson bright one, so ya, like i said, a close game between a west and OMGZWTF EAST!?!?!?!?!?! team in the state championship is very possible.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 am

Kingsley is no slouch in the 1st round either. He could shut down Dicky, Minot, or Willy
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby some random person » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:43 pm

kingjames wrote:Here's how i see the EDC since nobody else wants to mention the east i will. and the key returning players imo.
7. Central---PurPur i think ? and the SS thats been playing since his freshman year, if someone knows his name go ahead and throw it out there because i dont

is noriega not playing this year for south? hes a good pitcher.
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball101 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 pm

some random person wrote:
kingjames wrote:Here's how i see the EDC since nobody else wants to mention the east i will. and the key returning players imo.

is noriega not playing this year for south? hes a good pitcher.

Yeah he's playing
baseball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 75ford » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:09 pm

North - will be solid they have the experience in fielding and hitting. Pitching will be Nystrom, Messerschmidt, and Braaten.
South has 4 starting pitchers (Kingsley, Noreiga, Ernst, and Horner), but need to find a SS, and 3rd basemen. They have some younger talent that can fill the holes and need to develop a catcher for varsity.
Shanley - Alot of hitting, but only 1 starting pitcher (Jagim), next is Lundberg (has composure problems and unravels easily)
WF- Just not enough talent in to be a top team in EDC.
Red River - Have enough pitching should be a stronger team.
End of the year it will be Shanley,North and South is my guess in that order in EDC.
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby allyooper23 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:39 am

and why is it that some of you aren't even having all of the EDC teams in these rankings?
allyooper23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:42 am

allyooper23 wrote:and why is it that some of you aren't even having all of the EDC teams in these rankings?

for the same reason you west guys leave out beulah and belcourt
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 pm

75ford wrote:

North - will be solid they have the experience in fielding and hitting. Pitching will be Nystrom, Messerschmidt, and Braaten.
South has 4 starting pitchers (Kingsley, Noreiga, Ernst, and Horner), but need to find a SS, and 3rd basemen. They have some younger talent that can fill the holes and need to develop a catcher for varsity.
Shanley - Alot of hitting, but only 1 starting pitcher (Jagim), next is Lundberg (has composure problems and unravels easily)
End of the year it will be Shanley,North and South is my guess in that order in EDC.

Horner? Really????? I mean a decent 2nd basemen but........... REALLY?????
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:43 am

decent at best, his younger brother brady has 100x the potential as a sophmore.. and to throw horner on the mound every second game i could see but to put your team in a chance to win you cant put out a pitcher who tops 72 and has a less than par curve ball with no change up
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:44 am

greatbambino wrote:
allyooper23 wrote:and why is it that some of you aren't even having all of the EDC teams in these rankings?

for the same reason you west guys leave out beulah and belcourt

we dont leave them out, they leave themselves out by never winning therefore not deserving to be mentioned
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby gunslinger13 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:15 pm

I will say one thing for a few of the lower ranked teams. whapeton and red river both have some talented freshman. but only a few of them will ever be good high school players
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:40 am

WDA
1.Dickinson
2.Williston
3.Minot
4.Century
5.Bismarck High
6.St.Mary's
7.Mandan
8.Beulah
9.Jamestown
10.Belcourt

St.Mary's could sneak in and be higher but I'm not sure. I might be a little bit generous with Century's ranking, I'm not sure if they're young sophs/juniors will compete too well (they're talented but maybe not ready for varsity).

The west will win 3 or 4 first round games at state for sure.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby some random person » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:10 pm

7andpoo wrote:
75ford wrote:

Horner? Really????? I mean a decent 2nd basemen but........... REALLY?????

you picked horner!!? what about wawers?
some random person
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 am

anyone have any thoughts about the edc? central should be pretty good and south will have some athletes. north has a pretty good team from what ive heard as well. but the west is always good
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby allyooper23 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:20 pm

central won't be that good. 6th seed at best if u ask me.
allyooper23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:05 pm

yeah you know what now that i think of it you might be right. but central might be able to pull something off they find a way to do that sometimes. but someone was saying red river has ladoucer kraft and howe coming back.....kraft is in college.....anyone have any thoughts on surprise teams?
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:32 am

LOL Kraft is at the U of M and will not be playing high school baseball.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class A