09 High School Rankings?

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby dewey11 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Then either you are from Shanley or the east is REALLY weak.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 am

dewey11 wrote:Then either you are from Shanley or the east is REALLY weak.

shanley has a solid lineup but their pitching depth is one of the weakest in the edc. theyve got enough fire power to put up runs but if jagim isnt pitching they better hope they score in the double digits if they want to win.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 am

greatbambino wrote:

shanley has a solid lineup but their pitching depth is one of the weakest in the edc. theyve got enough fire power to put up runs but if jagim isnt pitching they better hope they score in the double digits if they want to win.

HAHA pretty much the complete opposite, so nice try. I don't even go to high school anymore, nor have anything to do with shanley. jagim is a solid pitcher he can get them enough wins for a decent seed, they can throw their 2 versus a crappy first rounder and jagim can win them one more. They go to state, win the first lose the next 2, 4th place like i said
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby HeHateMe » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:09 am

7andpoo wrote:
greatbambino wrote:

HAHA pretty much the complete opposite, so nice try. I don't even go to high school anymore, nor have anything to do with shanley. jagim is a solid pitcher he can get them enough wins for a decent seed, they can throw their 2 versus a crappy first rounder and jagim can win them one more. They go to state, win the first lose the next 2, 4th place like i said

You both just proved each others points.... Jagim = 70% chance win, their #2 = 10% chance of win
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Would somebody please tell me something truthful about Shanley? I'm from the west so I have no idea.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm

dewey11 wrote:Would somebody please tell me something truthful about Shanley? I'm from the west so I have no idea.

what i said is almost completely correct. they dont have a solid lineup top to bottom but theyve got 4 guys that are good offensively (jagim, schweigert, jones, gefroh).
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:19 am

i think u guys are underestimating minot. they have a lot of soild players coming back and they should be soild all around the field. they have a lot of kids that can log some innings from the hill. they also have some big bats in the lineup. they should be a very tough team this year.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Keyz20 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 am

09beckau wrote:i think u guys are underestimating minot. they have a lot of soild players coming back and they should be soild all around the field. they have a lot of kids that can log some innings from the hill. they also have some big bats in the lineup. they should be a very tough team this year.

Who are some of those kids?
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby grunion » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 pm

Ok first off Jagim isn't that good of a pitcher. He is not even the best pitcher in fargo cause Kingsley is the best. Second off, Minot will be pretty good this year. They have a stud in Bollinger on the mound and have some good balance with summerville also in the middle of the lineup. But it's wood bats so anything can happen especially when it is freezing cold out.
grunion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby armada113 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:42 am

you cant win every game with bollinger. sure hes good but he cant pitch every game. 1 pitcher and 2 solid hitters dont win games.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:51 am

grunion wrote:Ok first off Jagim isn't that good of a pitcher. He is not even the best pitcher in fargo cause Kingsley is the best. Second off, Minot will be pretty good this year. They have a stud in Bollinger on the mound and have some good balance with summerville also in the middle of the lineup. But it's wood bats so anything can happen especially when it is freezing cold out.

Your right, Derek jeter isn't that good of a hitter cause he's not the best on his team, A-rod is. Its common sense
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:18 pm

no matter how their lineup comes together, i do think that minot will be tough. they have some good juniors and underclassmen coming up to help out. i honestly see them as about a 4 seed in the west
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby armada113 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:26 pm

riders wrote:no matter how their lineup comes together, i do think that minot will be tough. they have some good juniors and underclassmen coming up to help out. i honestly see them as about a 4 seed in the west

That sounds about right. With their returners and their younger guys coming up they should be tough. Wouldnt say tough enough to win state but tough none-the-less
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:14 pm

i alsl honestly think that jamestown will be decent. mabye a 5 in the west. they have a few very key guys back and i think they can be a very big suprise as opposed to past years
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 09beckau » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:25 pm

riders wrote:i alsl honestly think that jamestown will be decent. mabye a 5 in the west. they have a few very key guys back and i think they can be a very big suprise as opposed to past years

will jamestown have that lefty back who was pretty good on the mound for them last year? sorry I dont recall his name.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HeWhoKnowsNothing » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:03 am

09beckau wrote:
riders wrote:i alsl honestly think that jamestown will be decent. mabye a 5 in the west. they have a few very key guys back and i think they can be a very big suprise as opposed to past years

will jamestown have that lefty back who was pretty good on the mound for them last year? sorry I dont recall his name.

I believe his last name is Walker.Im not sure if hes back though.
HeWhoKnowsNothing

Postby riders » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:43 pm

hes back
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 09beckau » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:32 pm

dang. he looked like he was pretty good.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grunion » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 pm

09beckau wrote:dang. he looked like he was pretty good.

Define pretty good... There are at least 10 better pitchers than that kid in the state alone.
grunion
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:04 pm

grunion wrote:

Define pretty good... There are at least 10 better pitchers than that kid in the state alone.

name 10 then. i can think of only a couple that are for sure better day in and day out.

bollinger
laylock
kingsley
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:21 pm

greatbambino wrote:
grunion wrote:

name 10 then. i can think of only a couple that are for sure better day in and day out.

bollinger
laylock
kingsley

Levi Gaunska from Jamestown is a better pitcher than him, I was just looking at the capsuls in the tribune for the west and I want to say that left was like 4-3 with a really high ERA...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby of course » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:54 pm

does anyone know when the actuall preseason polls come out?
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
grunion wrote:

bollinger
laylock
kingsley

Levi Gaunska from Jamestown is a better pitcher than him, I was just looking at the capsuls in the tribune for the west and I want to say that left was like 4-3 with a really high ERA...

not a chance that gaunska is even half the pitcher walker is.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:48 am

i agree. walker is the best they got by far. he isnt bad on his good days.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:40 am

greatbambino wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
grunion wrote:

bollinger
laylock
kingsley

not a chance that gaunska is even half the pitcher walker is.

Numbers don't lie...Pitchers- Gaunska (4-2, 1.00 ERA, 49 IP, 8 BB, 29 SO). B.Walker (1-5, 4.36 ERA, 43.1 IP, 30 BB, 21 SO). Lower ERA, more Innings pitched, almost 4 times less walks, 3 more wins 3 less losses....Nevermind what was I thinking? Walker is a way better pitcher :?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Class A