09 High School Rankings?

Re: 09 High School Rankings?

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:46 am

greatbambino wrote:
grunion wrote:
09beckau wrote:dang. he looked like he was pretty good.

Define pretty good... There are at least 10 better pitchers than that kid in the state alone.

name 10 then. i can think of only a couple that are for sure better day in and day out.

bollinger
laylock
kingsley

Just from the west
Bollinger MiHS
Laylock DHS
Levi Gaunska JHS
Tyler Peterson BHS
Hunter Johnson CHS
Reid Jungling MaHS
These are just by the numbers the Bismarck Tribune has in their capsuls
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles ... 180660.txt
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
greatbambino wrote:
grunion wrote:
09beckau wrote:dang. he looked like he was pretty good.

Define pretty good... There are at least 10 better pitchers than that kid in the state alone.

name 10 then. i can think of only a couple that are for sure better day in and day out.

bollinger
laylock
kingsley

Levi Gaunska from Jamestown is a better pitcher than him, I was just looking at the capsuls in the tribune for the west and I want to say that left was like 4-3 with a really high ERA...

not a chance that gaunska is even half the pitcher walker is.

Numbers don't lie...Pitchers- Gaunska (4-2, 1.00 ERA, 49 IP, 8 BB, 29 SO). B.Walker (1-5, 4.36 ERA, 43.1 IP, 30 BB, 21 SO). Lower ERA, more Innings pitched, almost 4 times less walks, 3 more wins 3 less losses....Nevermind what was I thinking? Walker is a way better pitcher :?

yea when you throw against beulah, st marys and belcourt anyones numbers can look like that. pretty sure walker (their ace) had to throw against dickinson, century and minot for their best chance to win.
what were you thinking?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:15 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:yea when you throw against beulah, st marys and belcourt anyones numbers can look like that. pretty sure walker (their ace) had to throw against dickinson, century and minot for their best chance to win.
what were you thinking?

exactly. lets flash back a few years. who got the game 1 start at state in 07? walker or gaunska? who put up 7-1 record that year as well? didnt walker also get jamestown's pitcher of the year award for legion ball? so maybe he had a rough time last spring since he more than likely got all the game 1 starts against the better teams.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 pm

greatbambino wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:yea when you throw against beulah, st marys and belcourt anyones numbers can look like that. pretty sure walker (their ace) had to throw against dickinson, century and minot for their best chance to win.
what were you thinking?

exactly. lets flash back a few years. who got the game 1 start at state in 07? walker or gaunska? who put up 7-1 record that year as well? didnt walker also get jamestown's pitcher of the year award for legion ball? so maybe he had a rough time last spring since he more than likely got all the game 1 starts against the better teams.

I am not saying Walker is bad by any means heck he BEAT us to go to state in 07, I am going by numbers though and Gaunska has more innings pitched and more strikouts and a lot less walks, I really don't think Walker pitched BOTH first games aginst Dicky, Willy, Minot, or CHS.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby i_see_it_all » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:11 pm

"I am not saying Walker is bad by any means heck he BEAT us to go to state in 07"

you say that like it was a surprise?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:51 am

deleted
Last edited by Saucesauer on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby greatbambino » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:49 am

Saucesauer wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:"I am not saying Walker is bad by any means heck he BEAT us to go to state in 07"

Haha I may be crazy, but I think that was a HUGE suprise, Considering I don't think we lost to them in the regular season and I don't think any of the four games were even close. I think they came in as the 6 or 7 seed and we had previously beaten the 5 seed 19-0 in the opening round.

I read the rules of the form so I think this is what I have to do...Drew Hausauer played for CHS now that I announced myself I belive I can call out people...with that being said this upset shouldn't have suprised us with the terriable consistancy of Slotsve behind the plate and the blind eyes of Mathern on the Base's we should have realized we were going to have to win that game by 5 to get a 1 run win!

sounds like you guys came up just "short".
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:19 pm

greatbambino wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:"I am not saying Walker is bad by any means heck he BEAT us to go to state in 07"

Haha I may be crazy, but I think that was a HUGE suprise, Considering I don't think we lost to them in the regular season and I don't think any of the four games were even close. I think they came in as the 6 or 7 seed and we had previously beaten the 5 seed 19-0 in the opening round.

I read the rules of the form so I think this is what I have to do...Drew Hausauer played for CHS now that I announced myself I belive I can call out people...with that being said this upset shouldn't have suprised us with the terriable consistancy of Slotsve behind the plate and the blind eyes of Mathern on the Base's we should have realized we were going to have to win that game by 5 to get a 1 run win!

sounds like you guys came up just "short".

I see where your going with that...thats cute, I would was we just played our absolute worst game at the wrong time and still lost by 1.

Now back to the topic at hand for the west
1. Dicky
2. Willy
3. CHS/Minot
4. Minot/CHS
5-10 the rest
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mintoman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:14 pm

I almost cried today when I heard some of the players on Mandan's varsity baseball team. We will be a bottom dweller.
mintoman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:29 pm

mintoman wrote:I almost cried today when I heard some of the players on Mandan's varsity baseball team. We will be a bottom dweller. Coach of the year, laughable!

you guys need some len stanley help :roll:
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class A