Best player in 2009

Re: Best player in 2009

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:04 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:mhs fan, do you wear that helmet to protect you from your head injury?? its obivous your not thinking clearly.

none of you make a legit argument about bollinger... its all oh he couldve done this, he couldve gone here, anyone can say oh he "couldve, should've". you hear it all the time. show me something. the guy is going to iowa western, just as 15 other kids from ND in the past 5 years have. how many have went to arizona?

I just took at the draft list from Jim ranch himself which has the draft prospects from north dakota (high school and college). there was 1 name on the list from north dakota and it wasnt a left handed pitcher from minot.

funny thing is if bollinger played for dickinson he'd be the number 2 starter behind laylock. right now stephen is the best pitcher in the state.

lets move this along to frenzel vs laylock. there would be better arguments.

I dont think there is really a argument on any of this, comparing how a person pitches to how a different person bats and fields is way different it is like comparing apples to oranges. Frenzel is head and shoulders the best Hitter and probley fielder in the state bottem line. I don't recal him pitching too much so comparing his abilities to a pitchers is just dumb!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 7andpoo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:55 pm

were not comparing the two head to head, were comparing what they have done in regards to baseball and Frenzel recently has been much more dominate then Bollinger.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:08 pm

7andpoo wrote:were not comparing the two head to head, were comparing what they have done in regards to baseball and Frenzel recently has been much more dominate then Bollinger.

I dont no about that comment 7andpoo... in the minot high/dickinson game I think I'd have to say he was pretty dang dominate. he gave up one hit in 7 innings and If I recall right that wasnt to your little buddy cole. :wink:
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:12 pm

thats because he was to scared to pitch to him.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am

Its high school, with wood bats, pitchers should and will dominate. And whoopdy do bazzle, one game, you cant base who is better in just one game. So can we please drop this because this shouldnt even be debatable. Noone in this state is scared of Bollinger, he's very good but noones scared of him. I just put fastballs outside and he might of gotten one hit off me of about the 10-15 times i faced him. Most pitchers will adjust their strategy for Cole.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 am

i'm pretty sure bollinger wasnt scared to pitch to him. he was like 0-4 in that game because of how he was pitched to. breaking pitches outside and hard fastballs inside (some more inside than others), thats not being scared, thats being smart. 7andpoo are u retarded? the outside pitch is the pitch that bollinger drives day in and day out. and your wood bat argument is pointless, what do the pros swing big fella? :wink:
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:27 pm

gosh you sure you a lot about bollinger. knew exactly what pitches he threw during the game to 1 batter, where he hits the ball well. lets just start calling beckau bollinger.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:27 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:gosh you sure you a lot about bollinger. knew exactly what pitches he threw during the game to 1 batter, where he hits the ball well. lets just start calling beckau bollinger.

Imo I highly doubt it is Bollinger. I don't think he is the guy to come on preps and talk about himself. I don't think you should be calling out beckau as Bollinger. People on the forum shouldn't go around assuming its Bollinger and that hes bragging himself up or something, cause thats unfair to Bollinger. Just cause he talks about Bollinger doesn't mean he is.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 09beckau » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:42 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:gosh you sure you a lot about bollinger. knew exactly what pitches he threw during the game to 1 batter, where he hits the ball well. lets just start calling beckau bollinger.

no... like I said before, I no him. I've been to quite a few games of his and after u watch a few u can tell where kids hit the ball. I he puts it all over the field. It's also pretty obvious to tell the difference between a fastball and an off speed pitch and weather inside or out but u should no that since apperently you see it all.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby noles030 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:18 pm

I am getting a chuckle reading all these posts. I had to read up on this Cole Frenzel kid because I'm not from ND, but do know Bollinger. Yes, I will have to agree that Cole Frenzel sounds like an awesome baseball player for ND and congrats on going to Arizona. Impressive. Great to see a homegrown kid making a name for himself. Bollinger - well he's definitely not homegrown to ND. In fact, we really wish he was back down here playing, but he decided he like ND better! WHY?

Anyway . . . there is no agrument on who is the best player in the state of ND. Of course ND people are going to only agree on it being Cole Frenzel and that's great and understandable since the population of the whole state is less the just the Panhandle!

The big picture though . . . you can't say who is best because these two guys bring two very different talents to the ball field. From what I gather, Frenzel is a right-handed shortstop who bats left-handed, but is being moved to a corner in college. Slight advantage for him over some short-stops because he can bat left-handed, but short stops are a dime a dozen when it comes to the draft. Bollinger on the other hand is a LEFT-HANDED pitcher who is a stud on the mound. In fact, if I have got this right . . . Frenzel has NEVER gotten a hit off Bollinger. He's gotten hit by him, but oops things happen. He brings an 87 mph fastball consistently and will only get bigger, better and stronger they will certainly look at that when it comes draft time. He is also very threatening when he is in the batter's box. He may not hit home runs like that Zac Elgie kid, but he gets on base. He has a lot of power and pop. They will be looking at him for his pitching ability as well as first base to use him for his bat.

The argument should stop because there is no comparison between those two guys. Cole Frenzel always will be considered the best in the state because he is a homegrown boy who is going to a D1 school. If he doesn't get drafted in June . . . well he's not eligible again until he's a junior.

Bollinger had several choices for D1 schools, but opted a JUCO not only because he stays draft eligible every year, but also because of the scholarship. Some kids can't afford to foot the bill for the small scholarships you recieve at D1 schools. At least at a JUCO . . . well it's paid for. He also knows that his playing time will be all the time either on the mound or first base, not a bench warmer behind whoever is the upperclassman at D1. Congrats on your choice of schools Ryan. JUCOs have just as many major league players as D1 and they get their sooner!

If you read this Bollinger, we hope you have a great spring and we'll cheering for you in June!!! We know you will go very far with baseball!!! We miss ya man.

Also don't want to leave out Frenzel, hope you have a good season as well and good luck in June.

Hope you guys get to have a season at all with the snow up there.
noles030

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 pm

I was just goofing around and found this video on Frenzel. Cole is a great player, who cares if he is #1 or #2 or whatever, but he has worked hard to be mentioned in this category. Does anybody know of any other video's posted on ND ballplayers? I think Cole had his 2008 video posted on youtube, but this one was on another site, it's from 2009.

http://vimeo.com/3275055
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:19 pm

noles030 wrote:I am getting a chuckle reading all these posts. I had to read up on this Cole Frenzel kid because I'm not from ND, but do know Bollinger. Yes, I will have to agree that Cole Frenzel sounds like an awesome baseball player for ND and congrats on going to Arizona. Impressive. Great to see a homegrown kid making a name for himself. Bollinger - well he's definitely not homegrown to ND. In fact, we really wish he was back down here playing, but he decided he like ND better! WHY?

Anyway . . . there is no agrument on who is the best player in the state of ND. Of course ND people are going to only agree on it being Cole Frenzel and that's great and understandable since the population of the whole state is less the just the Panhandle!

The big picture though . . . you can't say who is best because these two guys bring two very different talents to the ball field. From what I gather, Frenzel is a right-handed shortstop who bats left-handed, but is being moved to a corner in college. Slight advantage for him over some short-stops because he can bat left-handed, but short stops are a dime a dozen when it comes to the draft. Bollinger on the other hand is a LEFT-HANDED pitcher who is a stud on the mound. In fact, if I have got this right . . . Frenzel has NEVER gotten a hit off Bollinger. He's gotten hit by him, but oops things happen. He brings an 87 mph fastball consistently and will only get bigger, better and stronger they will certainly look at that when it comes draft time. He is also very threatening when he is in the batter's box. He may not hit home runs like that Zac Elgie kid, but he gets on base. He has a lot of power and pop. They will be looking at him for his pitching ability as well as first base to use him for his bat.

The argument should stop because there is no comparison between those two guys. Cole Frenzel always will be considered the best in the state because he is a homegrown boy who is going to a D1 school. If he doesn't get drafted in June . . . well he's not eligible again until he's a junior.

Bollinger had several choices for D1 schools, but opted a JUCO not only because he stays draft eligible every year, but also because of the scholarship. Some kids can't afford to foot the bill for the small scholarships you recieve at D1 schools. At least at a JUCO . . . well it's paid for. He also knows that his playing time will be all the time either on the mound or first base, not a bench warmer behind whoever is the upperclassman at D1. Congrats on your choice of schools Ryan. JUCOs have just as many major league players as D1 and they get their sooner!

If you read this Bollinger, we hope you have a great spring and we'll cheering for you in June!!! We know you will go very far with baseball!!! We miss ya man.

Also don't want to leave out Frenzel, hope you have a good season as well and good luck in June.

Hope you guys get to have a season at all with the snow up there.

that was probably the worst post i've read in awhile. nice "first" post.

lets just wait until the draft in june to see who will be the "best player." believe me, it will be unanimous.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:26 pm

I disagree with that worst post part. His opinion may not be in line with most peoples, but that's not the point. He brought up points that are debatable and offered an argument. It would be pretty boring if everyone had the same opinion.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:44 pm

hitting .360 and going 4-4 on the hill is boring. i'll take laylock over bollinger anyday. i'd take wentz and sorenson over him on the hill as well.

"Bollinger had several choices for D1 schools, but opted a JUCO not only because he stays draft eligible every year"

right, because hes such a high draft prospect. :roll: might go from 49th to 47th rd if he even goes.

"He also knows that his playing time will be all the time either on the mound or first base, not a bench warmer behind whoever is the upperclassman at D1."

apparently you can walk in to this school and your an automatic starter. news flash. you got to earn PT anywhere you go son.

"JUCOs have just as many major league players as D1 and they get their sooner! "

LOL sorry i cant think of anything to say im laughing to hard. lets all go to JUCO! ITS BETTER THAN D1!

again...worst post ive read in awhile.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:36 am

i_see_it_all... u might be retarded. im just throwing that out there. its a possibility. heres bollingers perfect game rank... 9.5

10 -- Potential very high draft pick, Top DI in the nation prospect
--------------------------- hes in here along with ur little crush cole. :wink:
9 -- Potential top 10 round pick, Top DI prospect
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:20 pm

ya 09beckau..keep calling people retarded and see what happens
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 pm

09beckau wrote:i_see_it_all... u might be retarded. im just throwing that out there. its a possibility. heres bollingers perfect game rank... 9.5

Ok well Cole's is 11 off the charts, I said it with absolutly nothing to back it up, I want to see somthing online to back yours up!!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:48 pm

09beckau wrote:i_see_it_all... u might be retarded. im just throwing that out there. its a possibility. heres bollingers perfect game rank... 9.5

wierd. A 9 rating is a top D1 prospect. bollinger is going to a juco because he wasnt given enough money for a D1 scholarship...which i highly doubt he got any serious offers in the first place. so what does that information tell you?

good post beckau..that thing explains a lot. once again you proved to us you have nothing to back up your arguments. please just go back to the hockey forum.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatbambino » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:45 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:

wierd. A 9 rating is a top D1 prospect. bollinger is going to a juco because he wasnt given enough money for a D1 scholarship...which i highly doubt he got any serious offers in the first place. so what does that information tell you?

good post beckau..that thing explains a lot. once again you proved to us you have nothing to back up your arguments. please just go back to the hockey forum.

maybe he wanted to go to a juco instead of a ncaa school right away. maybe he's planning on getting drafted and bypassing college baseball all together. maybe he doesnt have the grades to go d1 right off the bat. maybe he didnt get enough money for his liking. maybe he didnt get any big time d1 offers. are you seeing the trend here? its a lot of maybes and youre just assuming the worst because you dont think very highly of the kid.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:44 pm

alright... I talked to bollinger today and heres what he said. "I signed at iowa western because they told me I would play next year for sure, i'd get to pitch and play first. it was the best choice for me. a lot of scouts told me it was a great choice and I dont care what people say... I'll be playing. u can't be seen if your on the bench. Congrats to cole on going to arizona, I'm sure he'll help them out a lot defensively and at the plate. I hope he gets a lot of playing time next year. and as for this best player in north dakota... who gives a dang." now all u guys can stop saying this is bollinger because its not. he's the least cocky kid u would ever meet and wouldnt talk him self up.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:26 pm

09beckau wrote:alright... I talked to bollinger today and heres what he said. "I signed at iowa western because they told me I would play next year for sure, i'd get to pitch and play first. it was the best choice for me. a lot of scouts told me it was a great choice and I dont care what people say... I'll be playing. u can't be seen if your on the bench. Congrats to cole on going to arizona, I'm sure he'll help them out a lot defensively and at the plate. I hope he gets a lot of playing time next year. and as for this best player in north dakota... who gives a dang." now all u guys can stop saying this is bollinger because its not. he's the least cocky kid u would ever meet and wouldnt talk him self up.

that seemed a little fake. were you interviewing him for a newspaper article to get the answers like that?
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 pm

no. i just wanted to tell u what he thought about this but now that i read it again... that would be a good article interveiw haha.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:00 pm

09beckau wrote:no. i just wanted to tell u what he thought about this but now that i read it again... that would be a good article interveiw haha.

So if I can look you dead in the eye and say that the New York Yankees want to sign me next year for 4 seasons 20 million dollar deal. Do you believe every word I just said? I have found NO credability in your posts which is sad.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdog » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
09beckau wrote:no. i just wanted to tell u what he thought about this but now that i read it again... that would be a good article interveiw haha.

So if I can look you dead in the eye and say that the New York Yankees want to sign me next year for 4 seasons 20 million dollar deal. Do you believe every word I just said? I have found NO credability in your posts which is sad.

Yeah pizza sauce is right there just doesn't seem to be anyway to tell that your telling the truth, so therefore it must be regarded as a lie.
cdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:57 pm

As long as both players are happy with their decisions, that's cool with me. Good luck to them both. I can tell by the email addresses that neither of them are here arguing about it.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Class A