Babe Ruth Baseball

Babe Ruth Baseball

Postby Number7 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Any one know how other teams from ND are doing in their regional tournaments?

The West Fargo 14's beat Iowa City, IA today to advance undefeated to the championship tomorrow. If they win it would be their 2nd region championship in a row after their 5th state title. Correct me if im wrong but I believe only 4 ND teams have ever made a World Series appearance on any level. Fargo legion twice, Bismarck's 15's once, and West Fargo's 13's.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Re: Babe Ruth Baseball

Postby Willy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

Good for them. Maybe they should put legion uniforms on them next year.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JR » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 pm

Number7 wrote:Any one know how other teams from ND are doing in their regional tournaments?

The West Fargo 14's beat Iowa City, IA today to advance undefeated to the championship tomorrow. If they win it would be their 2nd region championship in a row after their 5th state title. Correct me if im wrong but I believe only 4 ND teams have ever made a World Series appearance on any level. Fargo legion twice, Bismarck's 15's once, and West Fargo's 13's.

I would say that bismarck has made it more than once i would say up to 3-4 times..
Minot went one year when they were 12

And willy idk about putting them on the legion team... West Fargo improved alot over the last season and actually having the same coach for more than one year will be very good for them.
I would say that West fargo comes out as a much better team next year and not one that you can just expect to win like they were earlier in they year. They will be much more competitive like they were later on in this year
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:06 am

Number7 wrote:Any one know how other teams from ND are doing in their regional tournaments?

Bismarck 10's once, 13's once, 15's three times. Minot 12's, WF 13's along with Fargo legions. Plus various host teams if that counts.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:44 am

The West Fargo 14's lost their first championship game today but they came back and won the 2nd game I believe it was 10-9. Minnesota had bases loaded with 2 outs in the top of the 7th and WF got out of the jam. Way to rep. ND! Good luck in Massachusetts at the World Series.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Pool play begins Aug. 16 in Quincy, Mass. This is their schedule. None of the games can be heard through a live feed, only updates on brlworldseries.com. The other pool has teams from Youngstown, OH; Norwalk, CT; Nederland, TX; Skagit Valley, WA; and Cambridge, MA.

Aug. 16th - West Fargo vs. Syracuse, NY 2:30 EST
Aug. 17th - West Fargo vs. Quincy, MA 8:00 EST
Aug. 18th - West Fargo vs. Palo Alto, CA 2:30 EST
Aug. 19th - West Fargo vs. Tallahassee, FL 12:00 EST
Aug. 20th - Day Off
Aug. 21th - Single Elimination Tourney begins
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby allstar23 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:13 pm

bismarck 13's back in 2004 did the best placing 3rd at the series