Conference play

Conference play

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Once again, the west showed their dominance by placing all west teams in the top 4. Fargo post 2 found out first hand what i'm talking about on their roadtrip out west.

what do you guys think about the way the conf. tourney is set up?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Re: Conference play

Postby shs01240 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Stupid. Dickinson should be rewarded for their season long success and be awarded #1 seed. They have everything to lose from the seeding tournament and teams like Fargo have nothing to lose.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:28 pm

i think a tournament for seeding is absolutely pointless. if the state legion board decided to do this they should just have the tourney at the start of the season so the teams can decide whether to actually try for the #1 or just coast to get in the top 5. the standings should be the seeds, otherwise there was no point to playing 45 games and trying to win to get that seed. granted you are still in the tourney, you can lose that top seed if youre dickinson or make it seem like youre alot better than you are for some other teams. i agree, however with the teams not in the top 5 to play a tourney for the remaining spots at state
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 am

i_see_it_all wrote:Once again, the west showed their dominance by placing all west teams in the top 4. Fargo post 2 found out first hand what i'm talking about on their roadtrip out west.

what do you guys think about the way the conf. tourney is set up?

FARGO WENT 5-5 AGAINST THE WEST, HARDLY CALL THAT BEING DOMINATED.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 am

dickinson and minot combined lost only 5 games against the east...lets not turn this into a east-west rivalry hate fest. we can do that after the seeding tourney and state
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

riders wrote:dickinson and minot combined lost only 5 games against the east...lets not turn this into a east-west rivalry hate fest. we can do that after the seeding tourney and state

No question the west is stronger, but Fargo has and will compete with the west. i-see-it-alls comment about Fargo was a bit misinformed.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:58 pm

dickinson over fargo 23-4

call it what you want but i call this being dominated, willy
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 pm

what about the #10 seed?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:19 pm

highheat wrote:also, i think these seeding tournaments are a terrible idea. do away with them and have either the top 8 teams make it to state or have the top 6 and have the winners of 7 v. 11 and 8 v. 9 play to go to state.

i couldnt agree more..its the equivalent of having a tourney based on the preseason rankings which is completely pointless
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:11 am

bismarck 12-minot-3

Williston 10, Fargo 3

State Qualifier Tourney in Jamestown
1) West Fargo 9, Jamestown 6

2) Wahpeton 5, Devils Lake 2

3) Grand Forks 3, West Fargo 2

4) Mandan 10, Wahpeton 0 (7 innnings)
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:36 am

riders wrote:dickinson over fargo 23-4

Cant argue rider. So what would you call the 15-1 win Fargo had over Dickinson less than a week ago?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:32 pm

i think someones mad because his team got a can of you know what opened up on them, its not like fargo wasnt pitching their aces that weve heard so much about on this site
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:14 pm

Well its about time we got some colorful discussion on this thread. Here's my take.

No team should get over-confident, anybody can be beat. If you're pounding your chest, somewhere someone is laughing at you. Everyone has proved they are vulnerable this year. Here are a few examples:

Fargo beats down Dicky by 14 runs, less than a week later Dicky hammers Fargo by 19 runs.

Grand Forks swept Williston at Williston

Jamestown beat Minot

West Fargo beat Bismarck

Wahpeton beat Dickinson

Devils Lake beat Minot

2 games seperate the top 4 teams, only 4 games separate the top 6 teams.

Roll the dice boys, I'll take Bismarck but I'm not putting any money on it.
b-baller

Postby 7andpoo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:42 am

State Seeding
1. Bismarck
2. Dickinson
3. Fargo
4. Minot
5. Williston
6. Mandan
7. Devils Lake
8. Grand Forks
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:53 pm

Willy wrote:

Cant argue rider. So what would you call the 15-1 win Fargo had over Dickinson less than a week ago?

Meaningless. Dickinson wrapped up the regular season title the game before. that game mattered about as much as your opinion.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:02 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:
Willy wrote:

Meaningless. Dickinson wrapped up the regular season title the game before. that game mattered about as much as your opinion.

Kovacs pitched and gave up 7 or 8 runs in the first 2 innings who i believe is their 3 pitcher, plus they had all their starters in so i wouldn't of called the game meaningless.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby HighRoller » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:20 am

7andpoo wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
Willy wrote:

Kovacs pitched and gave up 7 or 8 runs in the first 2 innings who i believe is their 3 pitcher, plus they had all their starters in so i wouldn't of called the game meaningless.

Well little fun fact for ya Dickinson didnt want to play those games anyway and the second game didnt mean a dang thing to them for standings they won the first one that counted and the only starters still in the game after the 3rd innning were the outfielders. They didnt care bout that game at all
HighRoller

Postby shs01240 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

HighRoller wrote:
7andpoo wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
Willy wrote:

Well little fun fact for ya Dickinson didnt want to play those games anyway and the second game didnt mean a dang thing to them for standings they won the first one that counted and the only starters still in the game after the 3rd innning were the outfielders. They didnt care bout that game at all

Sounds like a state championship team to me...
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:14 pm

shs01240 wrote:
HighRoller wrote:
7andpoo wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
Willy wrote:

Sounds like a team getting players PT so they can continue to compete throughout the upcomming seasons...Maybe the East should take note
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HeHateMe » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
shs01240 wrote:
HighRoller wrote:
7andpoo wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
Willy wrote:

Sounds like a team getting players PT so they can continue to compete throughout the upcomming seasons...Maybe the East should take note

Sounds like a team that is over confident? A state championship team, a central plains championship team, a legion world series championship cares about every game. Or at least should show they care.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:34 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:
Willy wrote:

And your opinion is worth more?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:03 am

its funny how much dickinson gets talked up after their amazing finish in highschool this year.. did they care about that game? of did they think they had that wrapped up too
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:49 pm

I must say after reading all the posts from the Dickinson boys, they are full of themselves. Can't wait to see someone knock 'em off at state.
b-baller

Postby riders » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:04 pm

too bad nobody could..apparently not all of it is hype. and they have a reason to be full of themselves now dont they?
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 7andpoo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:44 am

Yep 1 more to go and they tie with the powerhouse Drayton.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A