Cole Frenzel

Cole Frenzel

Postby i_see_it_all » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm

http://areavoices.com/monke/

Saw this article from the fargo forum's website on Cole. It looks like he's getting a lot of hype from those camps. Maybe him and elgie will be teammates
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Re: Cole Frenzel

Postby tdog09 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Ya maybe but he wants to go to Arizona State he has made a couple visits there but Oregon St. and Kansas wouldn't be to bad either
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:26 pm

from what i hear, and rumors are rumors, USC offered him a full ride i dont know how reliable this information is though??
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riders » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:11 pm

"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 am

Looks like Frenzel made a decision:

Frenzel verbals to Arizona
Cole Frenzel’s baseball dream is to play in the College World Series.

The Dickinson High senior made that evident Wednesday when he said he has verbally committed to play for NCAA Division I powerhouse University of Arizona. He plans to sign his letter of intent on Nov. 14.

Frenzel said his decision came down to Arizona, Oregon, Wichita State, Arizona State and Nebraska.
He said several aspects led him to choosing the Wildcats, including the school’s ability to offer him the most scholarship money of any of the aforementioned teams.

“It was a tough decision,” Frenzel said. “Me and my family kind of went through everything and did what we thought was right.”

Aside for his love of Arizona’s climate and the campus, Frenzel has family in both Tucson, Ariz., and Scottsdale, Ariz.

He said having family in the area will also allow his parents more of an incentive to watch him play.

“That’ll be awesome,” Frenzel said. “It’s easy for them to get down there.”

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound power-hitter has played mostly shortstop at the high school and American Legion level but is expected to move to third base in college.

Frenzel became a Division I prospect after attending several national all-star invitational camps – including some in Arizona – and getting noticed for his home-run hitting ability and quick, right-handed snap from the left side of the infield to first base.

He said shortly into the recruiting process that he hoped teams with the ability to reach the CWS would show interest. Arizona fit that bill nicely.

The Wildcats held the top ranking in national polls last year and finished the season 42-19 after getting beat by Miami in the Super Regionals. They finished the season ranked 13th in the national media poll but were ranked No. 1 in polls early in the year.

“Coach (Andy Lopez) said we’ve got a real good class coming in, one of the top classes he’s put together,” Frenzel said. “It should be fun.”
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HeHateMe » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:17 am

Very impressive, I think I speak for everyone when I say we wish you the best of luck at the next level Cole.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:14 pm

im gonna say that he will probably get drafted quite a bit higher than elgie. cole is in the top 100 high school prospects in the nation, a list that mr. elgie didnt crack. last time i heard, he was ranked in the vicinity of #90 and moving up. going to a pre-season #1 ranked team as opposed to kansas (no knock on kansas or zac) makes him better, hypothetically speaking. good luck to both.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 am

All I have to say is he deserves this....congratulations cole!
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby creiz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm

He officially signed his letter of intent to go play at Arizona. In the latest collegiate national poll Arizona is ranked 13th in the nation, that is a huge achievment to go and play in a baseball atmosphere like that. All I can say is good luck and hopefully he will have a good showing down there and make the show. Congrats.
if you do anything, you mine as well do it 100%.
creiz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rodgers4ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 pm

good for him. i know that he was the best player that i ever played with or against
If their shooting at you, you're doing something right
Rodgers4ever
NDPreps Starter

Postby bambino701 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:32 am

id say hes #2 for me right behind Kyle Carr
bambino701

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:30 pm

As much as i extremely dislike Dickinson, alot of their players, and some posters on here, I have never had a problem with cole, he is by far the best hitter I have played against, and does not come off as arrogant or cocky, unlike god (Zach Elgie) from Minot, who i still say is way overrated. So congrats to Cole and I'm sure we'll be hearing alot about him in the future.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Keyz20 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:48 pm

yea hes the most feared hitter by the pitchers in ND...i can tell you when i faced him i was pretty dang scared that he was gnna take my ball on a trip miles away...but i think the only thing he might have to change when he gets to that D1 caliber of play is to back off the plate a little cause those pitchers can pretty much put it where they want it and for how much he crowds the plate if you put it on that inside corner theres no way hes hittin it especially how fast their gnna be bringin it in D1...but i wish the best of luck to him and hope he represents North Dakota well
"Hold The Rope"
Keyz20
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball99 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

7andpoo wrote:As much as i extremely dislike Dickinson, alot of their players, and some posters on here, I have never had a problem with cole, he is by far the best hitter I have played against, and does not come off as arrogant or cocky, unlike god (Zach Elgie) from Minot, who i still say is way overrated. So congrats to Cole and I'm sure we'll be hearing alot about him in the future.
Amen, I agree with you 10000%!!!
bball99
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class A