Post Legion Scores Here

Re: Post Legion Scores Here

Postby riders » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:58 pm

the riders saw el segundo's top 2 guys on the mound and durango's ace. as for coon rapids, i am not sure since i wasnt there. they have seen guys that throw hard and are good. does anyone know if the gopher classic is a wood bat or aluminum? if its wood, they will have some of the best bats going back to aluminum due to hitting with wood for 3 weeks plus. going into the jabolonsky tourney and back to whapeton, they out scored their opponents 84-6. they even lost one of those games. from whapeton to jamestown they outscored their opponents 157-33(includes jabo, not the newhouse). i think that is hot bats and good pitching/defense. if its not you tell me exactly what its called
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:39 pm

highheat wrote:
riders wrote:the riders saw el segundo's top 2 guys on the mound and durango's ace. as for coon rapids, i am not sure since i wasnt there. they have seen guys that throw hard and are good. does anyone know if the gopher classic is a wood bat or aluminum? if its wood, they will have some of the best bats going back to aluminum due to hitting with wood for 3 weeks plus. going into the jabolonsky tourney and back to whapeton, they out scored their opponents 84-6. they even lost one of those games. from whapeton to jamestown they outscored their opponents 157-33(includes jabo, not the newhouse). i think that is hot bats and good pitching/defense. if its not you tell me exactly what its called

(/sarcasm) its a good thing theyre getting hot at the right time of the year.

idk who else in the state is hitting the ball great i havent heard much and i would like to know more than just stuff on dickinson
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:39 pm

highheat wrote:i noticed something funny between their use of aluminum and wood. over their stretch of those two wood bat tournaments they managed only 5 runs against devils lake using aluminum, but they put up 64 total runs over 11 games with wood. just thought that was interesting.

then they 9 bombs in a dblheader thought that was very interesting too
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:49 pm

highheat wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
highheat wrote:i noticed something funny between their use of aluminum and wood. over their stretch of those two wood bat tournaments they managed only 5 runs against devils lake using aluminum, but they put up 64 total runs over 11 games with wood. just thought that was interesting.

then they 9 bombs in a dblheader thought that was very interesting too

its been pointed out that it was against one of the weakest teams in the state plus a 30+ mph wind to the outfield.

i believe they beat minot
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Willy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:05 pm

[/quote]

i believe they beat minot[/quote]

And nobody else (1-9 in league). Just curious, how did Jamestown beat Minot?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:15 pm

I didn't know this was a Dickinson love fest thread. But in all honesty, I think the state championship will be between Dickinson, Fargo, and Minot, with Dickinson and Fargo duking it out for the ND slot at the Central Plains tourney in Minot.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Willy wrote:

i believe they beat minot[/quote]

And nobody else (1-9 in league). Just curious, how did Jamestown beat Minot?[/quote]

L 1-4 Minot Jamestown look at their schedule at minots baseball website
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby KPuck34 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:40 pm

The last time I checked, you don't win state championships for American Legion baseball in June or July, you win them in August. This isn't the first time a Dickinson team has had a great regular season but let's just wait to see what happens when it really counts. I don't think the Riders have ever won the Lgion state title, and I think they have only been in the championship game what two times? So let's not crown them the best team in the nation for 2008 just yet.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:58 pm

KPuck34 wrote:The last time I checked, you don't win state championships for American Legion baseball in June or July, you win them in August. This isn't the first time a Dickinson team has had a great regular season but let's just wait to see what happens when it really counts. I don't think the Riders have ever won the Lgion state title, and I think they have only been in the championship game what two times? So let's not crown them the best team in the nation for 2008 just yet.

yeha and so far the way it looks minots the team to beat
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby #50mandan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:22 pm

does anyone know where i can find some legion standings?
_goBraves_
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:20 pm

7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby KPuck34 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:00 am

This site has the most up-to-date standings

http://www.bgovs.org/Schedules/2008Stan ... esults.asp