8%
Williston
16%
Shanley
12%

Total votes : 25

State Tournament

Postby brownbomber » Sat May 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Who do you think will make the championship game and win it all this year?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Re: State Tournament

Postby A2000 » Mon May 26, 2008 12:27 am

Well I think that all the east teams are very strong. Shanley is lead by Jagim who throws gas, with dirty off speed pitches. South just has amazing athletes and they are gunna be able to compete with anyone. North is a really solid program and has a lot of expeience in the state tourney. Devils Lake is a wild card. They hit well, Josh Greene is getting healthy, and is a real addition to the line up. They also have Devin Gathman. (Shane's Cousin). Who knows what will happen. I am excited.
A2000

Postby baseball18 » Tue May 27, 2008 1:09 am

Dickinson over Devils Lake
Williston over Shanley
Century over North
South over Minot

Dickinson over Williston
South over Century

Dickinson over South
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 pm

dickinson over devils like
shanley over williston
south over minot
century over north (best game) 2 best pitchers in the state will be going at it. bryant larson and zach wentz. im predicting a 1-0 game.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby HeHateMe » Tue May 27, 2008 3:52 pm

GFRR99 wrote:dickinson over devils like
shanley over williston
south over minot
century over north (best game) 2 best pitchers in the state will be going at it. bryant larson and zach wentz. im predicting a 1-0 game.

Unless Larson gets into one of his walk frenzies... then it'll be 7-0, when Larson's on, he's on, when he's off, he's WAY off
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:31 pm

I'm goin with:

Dickinson easily over DL

Shanley over Willy- I don't know if Williston has that "ace" that has the potential to shut down an opponent. I think Shanley does.

South over Minot- Almost identical game as last season, except I think the tables turn in favor of South this time around. Rusch and Bollinger will throw gems.

Century over North- This one could go either way. Two of the best on the mound, so I'm gonna have to go with the team I think has the best hitting. Whoever can put the ball in play the most wins this one.

Round 2

Shanley over Dickinson- I am a homer of course. Seriously, although some still remain skeptical over the legitimacy of Frappier, an 8-1 record is nothing to scoff at. Dickinson has a deep staff too though. Would be a fantastic game. I think Shanley has the advantage, especially with the "lefty vs. lefty" scenario between Frappier and Frenzel.

South over Century- Kingsley reaches his mid-summer form and takes care of business. I don't think Century has a #2 starter that can out-duel Kingsley.

Championship

Shanley over South- Just because the kool-aid tastes soooo good right now.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ttime262 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:52 pm

It doesn't matter if a lefty throws for shanley against dickinson. Frenzel will still hit whoever throws. Frappier has had a great season, but the lineup that dickinson has is just too much for him to handle.

South over Dickinson in the championship. South has a lot of speed in their lineup and will cause a lot of problems on the basepaths. Rusch could possibly start that game as well as the first round game.
ttime262

Postby brownbomber » Tue May 27, 2008 6:58 pm

ttime262 wrote:It doesn't matter if a lefty throws for shanley against dickinson. Frenzel will still hit whoever throws. Frappier has had a great season, but the lineup that dickinson has is just too much for him to handle.

South over Dickinson in the championship. South has a lot of speed in their lineup and will cause a lot of problems on the basepaths. Rusch could possibly start that game as well as the first round game.

well i think everyone in the west has found out that if micheal steve is behind the plate your prob going to get snipe off the pads because he hits about 90mph from behind the plate no matter how fast you think you might be and with the pitching this year have fun getting on base, speed doesnt make you hit the ball either. east is dogging on the west again
Last edited by brownbomber on Wed May 28, 2008 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Tue May 27, 2008 9:32 pm

dickinson over devils lake... too much depth in dickinsons lineup

shanley over willy... i think it will be a good game, good williston hitting with good shanley pitching

minot over south... if bollinger throws, and south throws to elgie, minot will take it, it should be a close game but i have to pick a team

century over north... north wont touch wentz
jkaiz

Postby wildfire22 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 pm

Where is mandan memorial ball park. If you got direction it will be good
wildfire22

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:08 am

wildfire22 wrote:Where is mandan memorial ball park. If you got direction it will be good

go over memorial bridge in bismarck then onto the "strip" in mandan then take a left after the mcdonalds and race track and go straight on that road until you get there
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 1:04 pm

highheat wrote:
brownbomber wrote:well i think everyone in the west has found out that if micheal steve is behind the plate your prob going to get snipe off the pads because he hits about 90mph from behind the plate no matter how fast you think you might be and with the pitching this year have fun getting on base, speed doesnt make you hit the ball either. east is dogging on the west again

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 90? doubtful

anybody know if these are on the radio? and if so, does the radio station have an online stream of the games?

Dickinson always has their games live online but I don't know about other stations
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 2:58 pm

i think the games were delayed a bit because it was raining and storming in bismarck-mandan this morning
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Dickinson beat Devils Lake 2-0
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Thu May 29, 2008 3:10 pm

baseball18 wrote:Dickinson beat Devils Lake 2-0

Wow thats a bit closer than many were thinking.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:11 pm

highheat wrote:
brownbomber wrote:well i think everyone in the west has found out that if micheal steve is behind the plate your prob going to get snipe off the pads because he hits about 90mph from behind the plate no matter how fast you think you might be and with the pitching this year have fun getting on base, speed doesnt make you hit the ball either. east is dogging on the west again

anybody know if these are on the radio? and if so, does the radio station have an online stream of the games?

the Shanley-Williston game is on here: http://www.network1sports.com/stations/keyz.php

Williston leading 6-0 top of the 5th
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby HighRoller » Thu May 29, 2008 4:10 pm

highheat wrote:

I wouldnt doubt it he throws harder from behind the dish then the mound and he prob hits 86 now and then on the mound...
HighRoller

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:32 pm

9-0 Williston heading into the bottom of the 5th
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Steve does not throw near 86, I have faced him before. He is an average pitcher, I would say he tops out at about 80-81
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Williston over Shanley 9-0
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Thu May 29, 2008 7:33 pm

highheat wrote:
shs01240 wrote:I'm goin with:

Dickinson easily over DL

Shanley over Willy- I don't know if Williston has that "ace" that has the potential to shut down an opponent. I think Shanley does.

South over Minot- Almost identical game as last season, except I think the tables turn in favor of South this time around. Rusch and Bollinger will throw gems.

Century over North- This one could go either way. Two of the best on the mound, so I'm gonna have to go with the team I think has the best hitting. Whoever can put the ball in play the most wins this one.

Round 2

Shanley over Dickinson- I am a homer of course. Seriously, although some still remain skeptical over the legitimacy of Frappier, an 8-1 record is nothing to scoff at. Dickinson has a deep staff too though. Would be a fantastic game. I think Shanley has the advantage, especially with the "lefty vs. lefty" scenario between Frappier and Frenzel.

South over Century- Kingsley reaches his mid-summer form and takes care of business. I don't think Century has a #2 starter that can out-duel Kingsley.

Championship

what kind of kool-aid were you drinking? just curious because id like to steer clear of that flavor. haha. im just giving you a hard time.

yeah that cool-aid gave up what was it 11 hits. from the way i think shs01240 put it above shanely was going to walk right through williston, well lets just the east is down 0-2 right now
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Willy » Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm

highheat wrote:any update on the south/minot game?

edit: nevermind, i found it on the bismarck tribune website.

minot-5
south-8

nothing like i (or most of us) had expected it to be.

GOOD JOB SOUTH, GREAT TO SEE MINOT GO DOWN!

DEVILS LAKE PLAYED DICKY CLOSE, SHANLEY DIDN'T SHOW UP.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:16 pm

brownbomber wrote:
highheat wrote:
shs01240 wrote:I'm goin with:

Dickinson easily over DL

Round 2

Championship

what kind of kool-aid were you drinking? just curious because id like to steer clear of that flavor. haha. im just giving you a hard time.

yeah that cool-aid gave up what was it 11 hits. from the way i think shs01240 put it above shanely was going to walk right through williston, well lets just the east is down 0-2 right now

Mr. Kool-Aid Man: OH YEAHHHH!!!!

shs01240: OH NO MR. KOOL AID MAN!!!!!! YOU GLASS #@&%@
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soykevinendall » Fri May 30, 2008 11:55 pm

south 3
century 2
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sat May 31, 2008 12:13 am

So whats the score of the games for willisto? Thanks
sportsfan1989

Next

Return to Class A