TOURNAMENT TIME

TOURNAMENT TIME

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue May 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Allright, since im tired of reading about "high heat" and "riders" far fetched posts, its time to make a new topic. The WDA baseball tournament. and Which WDA team will win state this year?
earlier i said minot, but they just don't have the guns this year. here is my bold prediction

WDA
1. century
2. dickinson
3. williston
4. minot
State Champs: Dickinson
Last edited by i_see_it_all on Wed May 21, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Re: TOURNAMENT TIME

Postby riders » Tue May 20, 2008 8:13 pm

to be honest i disagree, not only because of loyalty but of the fact that DHS has state championship experience as does minot. elgie always does well during the tourney and will again do the same in leading his team to the WDA championship. Dickinson will have laylock, kovacs, steve, and wandler to pitch and will do well with the way they played this year. Century will play well with wentz doing his usual thing. heres my thought, and good luck to all teams in it

WDA
1.Dickinson
2.Minot
3.Century
4.Williston
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Tue May 20, 2008 8:55 pm

its going to be tough for both minot and century because they have 1 very good ace in wentz and bollinger and elgie can be ok but no as good as those too so after they throw them who else can you throw against a williston or dickinson or if they played each other, with that being said both minot and century are very good hitting teams which may match up during this time.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS and lets make it an all west final at state
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Wed May 21, 2008 9:29 am

"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 am

riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 am

riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:00 pm

riders wrote:to be honest i disagree, not only because of loyalty but of the fact that DHS has state championship experience as does minot. elgie always does well during the tourney and will again do the same in leading his team to the WDA championship. Dickinson will have laylock, kovacs, steve, and wandler to pitch and will do well with the way they played this year. Century will play well with wentz doing his usual thing. heres my thought, and good luck to all teams in it

WDA
1.Dickinson
2.Minot
3.Century
4.Williston

Dickinson and Minot both can't make it to the championship because they could potenially play each other in the 2nd round.

1st round:
Dickinson over Jamestown
Minot over Mandan
Century over St. Mary's
Williston over Bismarck

Dickinson over Minot
Williston over Century
Jamestown over Mandan
St. Mary's over Bismarck

Dickinson over Williston
Century over Jamestown
Minot over St. Mary's
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed May 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Dickinson and Minot both can't make it to the championship because they could potenially play each other in the 2nd round.

riders isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:33 am

i_see_it_all wrote:Dickinson and Minot both can't make it to the championship because they could potenially play each other in the 2nd round.

riders isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

lol, anyways does anybody know if these games will be on the radio?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Thu May 22, 2008 9:19 am

baseball18 wrote:[Dickinson and Minot both can't make it to the championship because they could potenially play each other in the 2nd round.

sorry there guys..hadn't seen a bracket before that post.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 am

baseball18 wrote: anyways does anybody know if these games will be on the radio?

KDIX, KCAD for the dickinson games
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Thu May 22, 2008 4:57 pm

midgets ten-run the blue jays

KOVACS--W
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:09 pm

riders wrote:midgets ten-run the blue jays

KOVACS--W

any other scores?

Does anybody think it's funny how WDA is in Beulah and they aren't even playing in it?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:14 pm

baseball18 wrote:

KOVACS--W

any other scores?

Does anybody think it's funny how WDA is in Beulah and they aren't even playing in it?

IDk.....states in Mandan and chances are they dont make it to state
demon_fan14

Postby baseball18 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

KOVACS--W

any other scores?

IDk.....states in Mandan and chances are they dont make it to state

yeah I know, but this is WDA it's kinda funny
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Thu May 22, 2008 8:44 pm

baseball18 wrote:

KOVACS--W

any other scores?

nope..sorry thats all i have heard
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Thu May 22, 2008 9:55 pm

minot beat mandan i think like 5-2 something like that it was a very close game, tough hitting with the wind, couple mistakes by both teams, but it cost mandan the game.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Thu May 22, 2008 10:36 pm

brownbomber wrote:minot beat mandan i think like 5-2 something like that it was a very close game, tough hitting with the wind, couple mistakes by both teams, but it cost mandan the game.

Minot 3
Mandan 2

W - Elgie
L - Jungling
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Olgrz » Sat May 24, 2008 10:17 am

Has anyone heard if the games at wda and edc are being played today? I would think that at least the playin games need to be played and then it could go by seedings for the rest of the teams.
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sat May 24, 2008 10:51 am

two great games yesterday dickinson beating minot 5-1 , century beats williston 7-2. century and dickinson play in the wda championship game
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat May 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Bollinger is really nothing special on the mound. i dont see why he get's talked up so much.

But then again, it's the minot community that tries to talk him up, so i guess i can see why.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Sat May 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Olgrz wrote:Has anyone heard if the games at wda and edc are being played today? I would think that at least the playin games need to be played and then it could go by seedings for the rest of the teams.

Are you talking about rain? Its really sunny and windy in DL for the EDC. Some rain later but I think they will get done with everything. It might be different out west.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Sat May 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Games in the WDA are cancelled today...at least so far...the higher seeds will get the win...they could have played the games in Mandan but did not want to i guess..so seeds going into state will be Dickinson Century Williston Minot
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Sat May 24, 2008 2:36 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:Bollinger is really nothing special on the mound. i dont see why he get's talked up so much.

But then again, it's the minot community that tries to talk him up, so i guess i can see why.

hes pretty good and i wouldnt say hes unstoppable but by no means is not anything special he hit his spots good yesterday and got hit late in the game and kinda lost control and with the wind at his back he was throwing pretty hard so
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun May 25, 2008 3:45 pm

highheat wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:Bollinger is really nothing special on the mound. i dont see why he get's talked up so much.

i just looked at a majority of the topics from the last 3 months and only saw two or three posts related to bollinger that said anything more than his name. based off of his stats from the minot website (4-2, sub 1 ERA, 50+ strikeouts through 40 innings) hes been pretty good. last year at state when he closed the game against north, he was lights out. legion ball last year he was something like 6-1. the dickinson coach thought he threw a pretty good game yesterday too. it might just be me and the minot community (and brownbomber), but the kid is pretty good and he has a ton of room to improve.

(see what doing some thinking and research does to your posts? you dont look like an idiot when youve got material to back up your posts).

we are on two different levels here high heat
Im talking nationwide, national champion oregon state beavers material kid. Sure hes a top pitcher in ND, but everytime i go back to minot i hear how oregon state is after this kid, and i just dont see it. phil and charlie shirek were D1 pitchers, have yet to see it from this kid. tall lefty with room to grow yes, but fastball tops at low 80 and offspeed is nothing special.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A