TOURNAMENT TIME

Re: TOURNAMENT TIME

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 25, 2008 5:42 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:
highheat wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:Bollinger is really nothing special on the mound. i dont see why he get's talked up so much.

But then again, it's the minot community that tries to talk him up, so i guess i can see why.

i just looked at a majority of the topics from the last 3 months and only saw two or three posts related to bollinger that said anything more than his name. based off of his stats from the minot website (4-2, sub 1 ERA, 50+ strikeouts through 40 innings) hes been pretty good. last year at state when he closed the game against north, he was lights out. legion ball last year he was something like 6-1. the dickinson coach thought he threw a pretty good game yesterday too. it might just be me and the minot community (and brownbomber), but the kid is pretty good and he has a ton of room to improve.

(see what doing some thinking and research does to your posts? you dont look like an idiot when youve got material to back up your posts).

we are on two different levels here high heat
Im talking nationwide, national champion oregon state beavers material kid. Sure hes a top pitcher in ND, but everytime i go back to minot i hear how oregon state is after this kid, and i just dont see it. phil and charlie shirek were D1 pitchers, have yet to see it from this kid. tall lefty with room to grow yes, but fastball tops at low 80 and offspeed is nothing special.

isnt one of the shireks coaching him?or is this someone else.the guy looks like hes a player in a minot uniform #24?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun May 25, 2008 11:16 pm

(see what doing some thinking and research does to your posts? you dont look like an idiot when youve got material to back up your posts). - HIGH HEAT

after reading this and a lot of other high heat posts, i realize im discussing topics with somewhat mentally challenged individuals and therefore have decided to retire from this site and spend my valued time elsewhere.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Mon May 26, 2008 1:31 am

highheat wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:(see what doing some thinking and research does to your posts? you dont look like an idiot when youve got material to back up your posts). - HIGH HEAT

after reading this and a lot of other high heat posts, i realize im discussing topics with somewhat mentally challenged individualS and therefore have decided to retire from this site and spend my valued time elsewhere.

eh, whatever. maybe you could work on your counting skills since youre retiring (refer to what ive highlighted and bolded for you).

whats everybody think of the first round state matchups?

ill go with
century over north (only if wentz pitches though. anybody else pitching for century and id pick north)
south over minot (i like souths speed on the base paths as well as their starting pitching)
dickinson over devils lake (devils lake is completely outmatched by dickinson)
shanley over williston (coin toss picked this one)

the only game i would question is the williston shanley game yes, shanley has a good pitcher but williston can hit the ball they has 4 or 5 hits against wentz the other night in 2 innings and wentz is prob the best pitcher in the state right now so idk, not saying their going to wash shanely,but you are right with it being very close.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HeHateMe » Mon May 26, 2008 10:28 am

brownbomber wrote:
highheat wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:(see what doing some thinking and research does to your posts? you dont look like an idiot when youve got material to back up your posts). - HIGH HEAT

after reading this and a lot of other high heat posts, i realize im discussing topics with somewhat mentally challenged individualS and therefore have decided to retire from this site and spend my valued time elsewhere.

eh, whatever. maybe you could work on your counting skills since youre retiring (refer to what ive highlighted and bolded for you).

whats everybody think of the first round state matchups?

ill go with
century over north (only if wentz pitches though. anybody else pitching for century and id pick north)
south over minot (i like souths speed on the base paths as well as their starting pitching)
dickinson over devils lake (devils lake is completely outmatched by dickinson)
shanley over williston (coin toss picked this one)

the only game i would question is the williston shanley game yes, shanley has a good pitcher but williston can hit the ball they has 4 or 5 hits against wentz the other night in 2 innings and wentz is prob the best pitcher in the state right now so idk, not saying their going to wash shanely,but you are right with it being very close.

I think all of these games can be coin flip situations. Every team has their day in terms of being hot or just having an off day. It all depends on which team comes with it and with it being state, I think everyone will be giving 110% making the games closer than they look on paper.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:04 pm

has anyone seen the all state team or know if its out?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:55 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:has anyone seen the all state team or know if its out?

yes it is, this is what I remember from the top of my head:

Frenzel
Herauf
Kovacs
Wentz
Elgie
Bollinger
Sorenson
Egge

That's all I know
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby HeHateMe » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:09 pm

does every team get a kid on the all state team? how does it work
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:38 pm

anyone who is a unanimous all-conference pick is considered all-state
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 pm

brownbomber wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
highheat wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:Bollinger is really nothing special on the mound. i dont see why he get's talked up so much.

But then again, it's the minot community that tries to talk him up, so i guess i can see why.

i just looked at a majority of the topics from the last 3 months and only saw two or three posts related to bollinger that said anything more than his name. based off of his stats from the minot website (4-2, sub 1 ERA, 50+ strikeouts through 40 innings) hes been pretty good. last year at state when he closed the game against north, he was lights out. legion ball last year he was something like 6-1. the dickinson coach thought he threw a pretty good game yesterday too. it might just be me and the minot community (and brownbomber), but the kid is pretty good and he has a ton of room to improve.

(see what doing some thinking and research does to your posts? you dont look like an idiot when youve got material to back up your posts).

Im talking nationwide, national champion oregon state beavers material kid. Sure hes a top pitcher in ND, but everytime i go back to minot i hear how oregon state is after this kid, and i just dont see it. phil and charlie shirek were D1 pitchers, have yet to see it from this kid. tall lefty with room to grow yes, but fastball tops at low 80 and offspeed is nothing special.

isnt one of the shireks coaching him?or is this someone else.the guy looks like hes a player in a minot uniform #24?

Yes it was Shirek, he called pitches for them for WDA and state. Not too shabby I would say...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:13 pm

baseball18 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
highheat wrote:

Yes it was Shirek, he called pitches for them for WDA and state. Not too shabby I would say...

so with his help bollinger is prob going to get better with his help
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class A