2008 Legion Season

2008 Legion Season

Postby b-baller » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Who looks to be the best in the west and the beast in the east(even though they are combined)? Who's returning and who's opting out?
b-baller

Re: 2008 Legion Season

Postby Willy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:29 pm

highheat wrote:ill say minot is the best from the west due to the fact that they won it last year and return a lot of that talent. from the east ill go with fargo. they were a young team last year and return everybody except four players, plus they bring in a very talented group that played bombers last year.

Seems everyone was picking Fargo last year at this time also...
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:21 am

It will be Minot with Elgie, Hornecker, Towery, Bollinger, Kallias, and Gathman back. Dickinson should be good as well with pretty much everyone back, they still have Schroeder back. I think they only lose Koppinger and Ollila. Bismarck will be solid with Wentz, Schlosser, Hausauer, Eichele, Erhardt, and a great group of 17's coming in. Fargo will good too with a lot back and GF should be decent.

Right now I'll say:
1. Minot
2. Dickinson
3. Bismarck
4. Fargo
5. Grand Forks
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 am

dickinson returns tooley and schroeder in the outfield and to the rotation. they have most of their team from last year back to play again and should make a legit run. they only lose ollila and kop and with laylock and steve stepping up to fill their spots they really dont lose much at all.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:26 am

Anyone seen rosters for the East-West All-Star game next Sunday?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:27 am

Willy wrote:Anyone seen rosters for the East-West All-Star game next Sunday?

Class A East

Grand Forks — Alex Moe, Michael Kraft and Alex Kreis; Fargo — Kyle Kingsley, Sam Hirchert, Max Rusch, Cory Shelton, Bryant Larson and Anthony Shutz; Wahpeton — Connor Larson; Jamestown — Ian Hogan; West Fargo — Bryant Sanderson, Justin Feist, John Schroeder and Justin Rheault. Coaches — Gabe Dahl, Grand Forks, assisted by Wade Gilbertson, Wahpeton

Class A West

Devils Lake — Josh Greene; Minot — Zac Elgie, Ryne Hornecker, Ryan Bollinger, Shane Gathman and Dane Towery; Dickinson — Tyler Steffen, Ben Herauf, Steven Laylock and Kyle Schroeder; Bismarck — Zach Wentz and Cody Erhardt; Mandan — Jared Quast; Williston — Shawn Egge and Quinn Devlin. Coaches — Todd Larson, Minot, assisted by Mike Skytland, Bismarck
b-baller

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:35 pm

Bismarck returns 3 players, Wentz, Hausauer, and Erhardt the rest that were listed decided not to play. Those are 3 outstanding players but as i said before i dont see them getting that automatic bid to state.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shs01240 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Bismarck returns 3 players, Wentz, Hausauer, and Erhardt the rest that were listed decided not to play. Those are 3 outstanding players but as i said before i dont see them getting that automatic bid to state.

I've heard rumors that NDSU doesn't want Wentz to play this summer. Is there any truth to that?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 pm

highheat wrote:
shs01240 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:Bismarck returns 3 players, Wentz, Hausauer, and Erhardt the rest that were listed decided not to play. Those are 3 outstanding players but as i said before i dont see them getting that automatic bid to state.

I've heard rumors that NDSU doesn't want Wentz to play this summer. Is there any truth to that?

what would they like him to do instead? his only other realistic option is the amateur baseball, and north dakota amateur baseball is pretty weak.

I was under the impression that he was playing football...
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Class A