Surprises

Re: Surprises

Postby JR » Wed May 14, 2008 10:24 am

Does anybody know the tiebreakers to get into the Tourneys?

Situation
What if WF loses to RR twice
Valley splits with Whap

They would both be 3-13 in the EDC and what would the order of tiebreakers be to see who goes to the tournament
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Wed May 14, 2008 11:42 am

highheat wrote:
JR wrote:Does anybody know the tiebreakers to get into the Tourneys?

Situation
What if WF loses to RR twice
Valley splits with Whap

They would both be 3-13 in the EDC and what would the order of tiebreakers be to see who goes to the tournament

the 8 and 9 seed have a play in game for the 8th seed for edc so it doesnt matter if they tie for 8th or not. id be more interested in the 1-3 seeds if red river sweeps west fargo. they would all finish 12-4 in conference. north swept south, south swept red river, red river swept north. if it goes by conference runs allowed it would be 1. north, 2. red river, 3. south.

They took away the play-in game last year so the number 9 team actually does not go to the edc no matter what
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:33 pm

The first tiebreaker is record against teams above you then the 2nd tiebreaker is run differential between the two teams
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby TheSwartz » Wed May 14, 2008 12:49 pm

ndplayer10 wrote:Central just forfeited that win against north so no upset there

Is Central allowed to challenge the forfeit because sometimes the book isn't always right, people forget to sub in pitchers and forget to take out the starter. From what I've heard he only pitched 13 and 2/3 innings.
TheSwartz

Postby TheSwartz » Thu May 15, 2008 7:53 am

The score book, not the rule book
TheSwartz

Postby baseball18 » Fri May 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Things may have gotten worse for BHS. 5 players left the team and one of them was Tyler Johnson. Deleted rumor I don't know any of the other 4 players.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:40 pm

gotta say the most impressive pitchers so far have been: max rusch of south, bryant larson of north, and zach frappier of shanley (just set the high school record for wins with 7)

dissapointment: all the talk about how anthony schutz is a top pitcher in the east has been a joke. he has a losing record of 1-3 i believe. schutz= 4th best pitcher on north
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:38 am

highheat wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:gotta say the most impressive pitchers so far have been: max rusch of south, bryant larson of north, and zach frappier of shanley (just set the high school record for wins with 7)

dissapointment: all the talk about how anthony schutz is a top pitcher in the east has been a joke. he has a losing record of 1-3 i believe. schutz= 4th best pitcher on north

did he set the shanley wins record? because ebert had 12 wins two years ago, seven of which were conference wins (ive got the stat book from that year in my hands as im typing).

schutz has at least three wins according to the west fargo baseball site. and after watching the game tonight, he's still the second best pitcher in north's staff. and i dont recall anybody saying he was "the best". it was more along the lines of "one of the best", which, by looking at the stats, shows he is. get a clue, you obviously have a personal beef with him.

It was the Shanley win record. Impressive nonetheless.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm

shs01240 wrote:
highheat wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:gotta say the most impressive pitchers so far have been: max rusch of south, bryant larson of north, and zach frappier of shanley (just set the high school record for wins with 7)

did he set the shanley wins record? because ebert had 12 wins two years ago, seven of which were conference wins (ive got the stat book from that year in my hands as im typing).

schutz has at least three wins according to the west fargo baseball site. and after watching the game tonight, he's still the second best pitcher in north's staff. and i dont recall anybody saying he was "the best". it was more along the lines of "one of the best", which, by looking at the stats, shows he is. get a clue, you obviously have a personal beef with him.

It was the Shanley win record. Impressive nonetheless.

ya ya shanley record i meant my fault. no i just dont think hes one of the top pitchers in the state like everyone says he is. he can pitch some good games but im just not very impressed. maybe its just me
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndplayer10 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:33 pm

when do they announce who made all conference team and all that....
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun May 25, 2008 4:10 pm

well deserved. both had nice seasons.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class A