Change 2nd game of Region Doubleheaders

Re: Change 2nd game of Region Doubleheaders

Postby riders » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:24 am

playing until 10:30 isnt really as bad as you make it sound. granted its a little cold, but playing baseball instead of video games or watching tv is what happened. big deal if they had to stay at the yard for a little longer instead of go home and stay up until the same time.

i would like to know the start time of this game because if it was 5:30 CST thats the same as any west team playing until 9:30 MST, which is usually the norm for most teams and most games in the west.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby armada113 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:45 pm

riders wrote:playing until 10:30 isnt really as bad as you make it sound. granted its a little cold, but playing baseball instead of video games or watching tv is what happened. big deal if they had to stay at the yard for a little longer instead of go home and stay up until the same time.

i would like to know the start time of this game because if it was 5:30 CST thats the same as any west team playing until 9:30 MST, which is usually the norm for most teams and most games in the west.

I completely agree on that its better than playing video games. i would take playing a baseball game over any tv show or video game. it just got a little long and cold...thats all
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:12 pm

people complain that kids dont get out and get enough exercise, but complain even more when a game lasts till 10:30. playing under the lights, no matter what the season, is a great feeling. i could understand upset parents and even players if it was about 30 degrees and snow flurries mixed in with the 40mph wind. this is ND people, we are always cold, we can at least man it up for an hour longer than expected and play. plus its the players responsibility to bring the appropriate gear for the weather. armada113, thank you for siding with common sense.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class A