Preaseason all-state team

Re: Preaseason all-state team

Postby TheSwartz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:51 pm

There is no way Moe from Central should be on that list, he'll be lucky to make all-edc
TheSwartz

Postby b-baller » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:13 pm

You need to get a clue TheSwartz. Moe is a shoe-in All Conference. He made it last year as a junior, easily the best catcher in the EDC, very good hitter, also a good outfielder and an okay pitcher.
b-baller

Postby shs01240 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:54 am

highheat wrote:
b-baller wrote:You need to get a clue TheSwartz. Moe is a shoe-in All Conference. He made it last year as a junior, easily the best catcher in the EDC, very good hitter, also a good outfielder and an okay pitcher.

there were two better catchers than him last year. bergeron was a way better catcher (not necessarily a better hitter) and sadler was all around better than moe.

would you put bergeron, sadler and moe all in front of nygaard last year?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JR » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 pm

highheat wrote:
shs01240 wrote:would you put bergeron, sadler and moe all in front of nygaard last year?

forgot about nygaard. i would put him ahead of moe, even with bergeron, and behind sadler.

I would say Adam Crist was right up there with them as well.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:10 am

highheat wrote:
JR wrote:
highheat wrote:
shs01240 wrote:would you put bergeron, sadler and moe all in front of nygaard last year?

forgot about nygaard. i would put him ahead of moe, even with bergeron, and behind sadler.

I would say Adam Crist was right up there with them as well.

he was above average defensively but i didnt think he was much of a hitter.

Personally i thought that he was the best hitter west fargo last year he struck out once maybe twice the whole year and was first or second in average
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:10 pm

highheat wrote:
b-baller wrote:You need to get a clue TheSwartz. Moe is a shoe-in All Conference. He made it last year as a junior, easily the best catcher in the EDC, very good hitter, also a good outfielder and an okay pitcher.

there were two better catchers than him last year. bergeron was a way better catcher (not necessarily a better hitter) and sadler was all around better than moe.

I believe this discussion is about THIS year. What do Sadler and Bergeron have to do with anything? Moe was All-conference last year, and with Sadler gone, Moe is best catcher in the East this year. By the way hitting is an important part of the equation, and Moe hits for power and average and is solid behind the plate.
b-baller

Postby b-baller » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:48 pm

highheat wrote:
b-baller wrote:
highheat wrote:
b-baller wrote:You need to get a clue TheSwartz. Moe is a shoe-in All Conference. He made it last year as a junior. Easily the best catcher in the EDC, very good hitter, also a good outfielder and an okay pitcher.

I believe this discussion is about THIS year. What do Sadler and Bergeron have to do with anything? Moe was All-conference last year, and with Sadler gone, Moe is best catcher in the East this year. By the way hitting is an important part of the equation, and Moe hits for power and average and is solid behind the plate.

im aware, i made the topic. i was just pointing out that you were wrong in saying that he was easily the best catcher last year.

Sorry about the confusion, I should have put a period after my reference to his junior season. I was referring to this season. But going back to last year, I agree Sadler had the edge on Moe but I would put Moe ahead of Bergeron. During the legion season, GF rotated Moe and Sadler all season without missing a beat.
b-baller

Postby dukebbfan12 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:33 pm

7andpoo wrote:Luke Steckler

Highly Doubt it.
dukebbfan12

Postby jgabby » Wed May 07, 2008 11:12 pm

Grant Kovacs, P, DHS, hasn't allowed an earned run all year, so I think he should be in the discussion
jgabby
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mod Bot » Wed May 07, 2008 11:58 pm

jgabby wrote:Grant Kovacs, P, DHS, hasn't allowed an earned run all year, so I think he should be in the discussion

Amazing stat right there. What kind of pitcher is he? Throws heat or more of a pitch-placement guy? Lefty? Righty?
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Thu May 08, 2008 9:31 am

Mod Bot wrote:
jgabby wrote:Grant Kovacs, P, DHS, hasn't allowed an earned run all year, so I think he should be in the discussion

Amazing stat right there. What kind of pitcher is he? Throws heat or more of a pitch-placement guy? Lefty? Righty?

he is a righty with pretty good speed and also hits spots well. has good location and mixes his pitches well
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 pm

highheat wrote:
GFRR99 wrote:greene is injured so i cant see him making it.
i also cant see anyone from vc making it, jensens gonna struggle to win a game.
shelton isnt good and is completely out of control. what position does he play now? put him in right field

larson is the only player from north i can see making it unless someone else has a break through year. edland from south has a chance too

i wasnt aware that greene's injury was going to keep him out that long. that will more than likely keep him off the all state team.
jensen is legit, you probably havent ever seen him play. yes it will be tough for him to win games considering he doesnt have the defense to back him up, but he will hit the ball around well enough to get him onto the all-state team.
shelton was one of the top hitters for north last year. he'll likely split time between the infield and catching depending on what the coaches have him doing. he's more than good enough to make the all-state team.

bet you feel dumb about shelton now...averaging what like 2 errors per a game and hitting around .250. definitley one of the worst defensive players. strikes out 2-3 times a game. shouldnt even make all edc
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Class A