best sophomore

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:36 pm

bisonman wrote:Does the name Kyle Carr sound familiar when talking about people graduating when your 19? He's amazing, but still his parents held him back for sports. He'd still be amazing if he wasn't held back, but he gets a bigger edge from being older.

very true but if life were a box of crayony and the bright colors succeeded he would be a gray or black he may have been held back for other reasons
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballgame12 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:41 pm

Elgie is the best sophomore in the state...hands down. You can't even compare any of these other kids to him.
ballgame12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:01 pm

ballgame12 wrote:Elgie is the best sophomore in the state...hands down. You can't even compare any of these other kids to him.

i just dont know about that he sure did underachieve when we played them and it really didnt seem to hard to hit a ball out in minot and hes really not to hot on the hill he is good but i dont think it is that clear cut
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsioux » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:49 am

i really don't think he was a preseason all american for no reason
ndsioux

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:05 am

ndsioux wrote:i really don't think he was a preseason all american for no reason

than i guess century worked an all american pretty dang hard than

and home runs in minot arnt very hard i cant do it but if u get some loft on the ball with just a little bit of breeze its gone
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby magic715 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:48 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
ndsioux wrote:i really don't think he was a preseason all american for no reason

than i guess century worked an all american pretty darn hard than

and home runs in minot arnt very hard i cant do it but if u get some loft on the ball with just a little bit of breeze its gone

All I can say is dont take it as one game, take him as a hole season, everyone has bad games, and against Century i think was a bad game ,and actually he has not hit as well yet as he is going to. Also i dont think he is the best pitcher, but he is a good one, but there is not a better hitter than Elgie, although i like Wentz and Frenzel alot.
magic715

Postby Slinger420 » Wed May 03, 2006 10:14 am

The best sophmore in the state has to be Mike Sitzmann who plays for Steele Dawson.  He has 10 homers this year and no errors. I also think that he is one of the best if not the best 3rd basemen in the state.  I think that when he is a senior he will be an easy first round draft pick.
Slinger420

Postby Saas25 » Wed May 03, 2006 10:18 am

Slinger420 wrote:The best sophmore in the state has to be Mike Sitzmann who plays for Steele Dawson.  He has 10 homers this year and no errors. I also think that he is one of the best if not the best 3rd basemen in the state.  I think that when he is a senior he will be an easy first round draft pick.

An easy first round draft pick?  You have got to be kidding right? I don't that the fact that the kid is good but he still has 2 more years left.  Who knows if he'll get hurt or he might not put up the numbers he has this year.  Plus he isn't facing the greatest pitching so you can't say he'll be an easy first round draft pick.  Kyle Carr wasn't a first round draft pick buddy so I don't see how this kid could be a 1st rounder.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby huskers » Wed May 03, 2006 10:39 am

I am sure that this kid is a very good player, but there are alot of kids who could hit 10 home runs playing against Shiloh and Standing Rock. I think if he could 10 home runs at the class A level he might able to prove something.
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed May 03, 2006 10:41 am

Slinger are you stupid?..Mike Sitzmann doesnt even play on his team.  Let alone have a single hit.  I doubt he will even start next year.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby KPuck34 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Slinger420

1. Who is Mike Sitzmann?  I've never heard of him before.  Don't you think a potential (easy) first round pick from North Dakota would be a houshold name in the baseball community is this part of the state?

2. 10 home runs - What is the quality of pitching he has faced and how big are the ballparks he's playing in?  I agree with Saas25,  let's see how this kid does against the pitchers in the WDA and EDC.  I wouldn't classify talents like Wentz from Century and Frenzel from Dickinson (as talented as they are in baseball) as sure fire future draft choices.

3. Kyle Carr is not a piece of @#$%.  He's athletic as heck (all-state in FB, BB and BSB) and he wasn't drafted until what, the 32nd round?  If Carr wasn't a first round draft pick I don't see how this kid could be an easy 1st rounder.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saas25 » Wed May 03, 2006 5:47 pm

Thank you KPuck34
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Wed May 03, 2006 6:13 pm

He's just pulling your leg.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed May 03, 2006 6:45 pm

No hes just a class B player jelous of how carr mad it big in class A
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:49 pm

Carr wasnt the best pitcher in North Dakota last year.  I think Hennessey was.  Hennessey is just a better overall pitcher than Carr.  Carr has more potential but I think Hennessey was better during the high school season last year.  I know hes a great pitcher, but he's not as good as he is hyped up to be.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Wed May 03, 2006 6:57 pm

Very true but if you read i was not saying he was the best iam sayig he made it very big in class A leading his team to 2ed at state i really dont think you can argue the fact that he made it big and this class B player is jelous
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu May 04, 2006 5:34 am

Saucesauer wrote:No hes just a class B player jelous of how carr mad it big in class A

Explain to me why people think they are better just because they go to a class A school.  I could name alot of Class B players who would be the best player on a class A team.  For basketball, are you telling me Payton Tivis was only good because he was class b and wouldnt do anything against Class A.  How about the guys from Trinity, they are Class B, but should be A, does that mean that Dickinson high school could beat them.  I want to see them to teams play a pickup game of basketball, id put money on trinity.  The kids from Thompson, I bet Wurtz would be just as good a pitcher if he was class A.  Just because the kid grows up in a smaller town doesnt make him less of an athlete.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Thu May 04, 2006 7:47 am

Number 1 this isnt a basketball form i hate basketball its a joke

NO the competition makes them better athletes i could play class b in washburn and have a majority of my games aginst standing rock and shiloe and put up phenomal numbers but i would rather play better class a teams class A has beter compitition and trinity should be class b so stop whining about it
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby KPuck34 » Thu May 04, 2006 8:30 am

Yes, there are some athletes from smaller (class B) communities that would excell in a larger (class A) community.  And yes, there are several individuals from smaller communities that have gone to to have outstanding careers at the collegiate level.  BUT as much as you are tired of hearing/reading  "how people think they are better just because they go to a class A school" I am equally tired of hearing/reading about all these outstanding stats that class B athlete put up (no matter if it is football, basketball, track, wrestling or baseball) and people stating this individual is the best in the state.  I think the only true sports you can judge the talent of a class B individual against a class A individual is track/field and cross country.  Performance times or heights/distances jumped are a pretty standard measurement.  I just want to hear the class B people who keep posting these oustanding stats to admit that, for the most part, there is better competition at the class A level.  What I mean by that is this, class A schools are going to generally have more depth from top to bottom on their roster.  Now, I will admit that every once in awhile a very talented class B team will come along that can beat a class A team on any given night but I would like to pose this question: How would they do during the course of a season, playing a class A conference schedule?  Just food for thought. 
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu May 04, 2006 10:37 am

Take a look at the state qualifiying times, distances and heights.

Jav. 3 Class A throws over 165   Class B 5 over 165

100 m dash 11 and under Class A 6    Class B 7

Shot 50 or better Class A 6  Class B 4

800 Class A 7 2:01 or better  Class B 2:03 or better 9

So which is better class A or clas B

Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby KPuck34 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Whoever runs the fastest, throws/jumps the farthest, or jumps the highest.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Thu May 04, 2006 12:50 pm

I still don't understand why class A and class B teams don't set up games throughout the season.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu May 04, 2006 1:02 pm

maybe because they dont want to be the Class A school to get beat by a B team.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu May 04, 2006 1:15 pm

Enough with the stuff contest here. This isn't a thread for who can stuff the farthest (Class A or B) This is for best Sophomore. Your not gonna get anywhere by arguing this.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Sat May 13, 2006 12:49 pm

so elgie has been bombin em latly
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Class A