Top pitchers from east and west

Re: Top pitchers from east and west

Postby HeHateMe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Ace08 wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
smart source wrote:
jkaiz wrote:
Ace08 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:i'd say wentz, hausauer, laylock as top three... at least from the west not sure about returning east players... you might be able to throw elgie in there, depending on the day

what about this bollinger character that was mentioned previously?

he would be my number 4 haha

bollinger should easily be 1 or 2 he was getting scouted by the red sox last year, he just got a letter from oregon state, and he got an invite to go pitch infront on kansas city royals scouts....as a sophomore he was clocked at 88, he is left handed, and i guarentee he has the best changeup in the state bar none

are you his agent already or what? i watched the kid pitch all year last year. i could see 88 maybe once or twice, but hes not quite there yet. reminds me of hennesey from williston, just not on that level yet. give it time

i heard larson from north got clocked and was consistently hitting 88 at state so larson could easily be 1 or 2 as well this year

I'll believe all of this when I see it. I really don't think anyone in the state is throwing that hard. North Dakota ball isn't that talented sadly.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:18 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
Ace08 wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:
smart source wrote:
jkaiz wrote:
Ace08 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:i'd say wentz, hausauer, laylock as top three... at least from the west not sure about returning east players... you might be able to throw elgie in there, depending on the day

what about this bollinger character that was mentioned previously?

he would be my number 4 haha

bollinger should easily be 1 or 2 he was getting scouted by the red sox last year, he just got a letter from oregon state, and he got an invite to go pitch infront on kansas city royals scouts....as a sophomore he was clocked at 88, he is left handed, and i guarentee he has the best changeup in the state bar none

are you his agent already or what? i watched the kid pitch all year last year. i could see 88 maybe once or twice, but hes not quite there yet. reminds me of hennesey from williston, just not on that level yet. give it time

i heard larson from north got clocked and was consistently hitting 88 at state so larson could easily be 1 or 2 as well this year

I'll believe all of this when I see it. I really don't think anyone in the state is throwing that hard. North Dakota ball isn't that talented sadly.

I believe Bollinger has been clocked at 88 or at least around there. Bollinger is a great pitcher and has loads of potential. You obviously have never watched him before. MLB Scouts are already looking at him. He will most likely play Division 1 ball and will end up in the Minors someday.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball30 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:24 am

riders wrote:Laylock is a heck of a pitcher. ive had the privledge to catch for him on severall occasions and he just doesnt miss his spot. he will be one of the state's toughest along with frenzel closing for DHS this year.

frenzel will not be closing
baseball30

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 am

mandans quast will be solid
demon_fan14

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:41 pm

does frenzel even pitch? lol he has a cannon but have never seen him on the hill.

laylock got the OK from me when he turned away minot in the state championship...as a freshman :shock: the kid can pitch
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby allyooper23 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:51 pm

heard jensen from VC will be headed to NDSU
allyooper23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 7andpoo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:08 pm

In my opinion best proven pitchers from the east in no particular order are Larson, Shutz, Rusch, Kingsley, Kraft, Jensen (hey crappy team, but the kid can pitch) and Jagim even though he had an off legion summer. There of course will be 1 or 2 surprises like always. Don't know too much about the west other then Bollinger, Schroder, and Wentz who will be very good this year.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:41 pm

7andpoo wrote:In my opinion best proven pitchers from the east in no particular order are Larson, Shutz, Rusch, Kingsley, Kraft, Jensen (hey crappy team, but the kid can pitch) and Jagim even though he had an off legion summer. There of course will be 1 or 2 surprises like always. Don't know too much about the west other then Bollinger, Schroder, and Wentz who will be very good this year.

Schroeder graduated and is at Mary
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7andpoo » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Number7 wrote:
7andpoo wrote:In my opinion best proven pitchers from the east in no particular order are Larson, Shutz, Rusch, Kingsley, Kraft, Jensen (hey crappy team, but the kid can pitch) and Jagim even though he had an off legion summer. There of course will be 1 or 2 surprises like always. Don't know too much about the west other then Bollinger, Schroder, and Wentz who will be very good this year.

O lol, well good for us. Thank you for that
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:45 am

i_see_it_all wrote:does frenzel even pitch? lol he has a cannon but have never seen him on the hill.

laylock got the OK from me when he turned away minot in the state championship...as a freshman :shock: the kid can pitch

Frenzel pitched when he played JV as an 8th grader
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 pm

Skadeland and Alex Hanson from williston can throw heat and hanson can throw some nasty breaking balls
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:30 pm

sportsking09 wrote:Skadeland and Alex Hanson from williston can throw heat and hanson can throw some nasty breaking balls

no hanson is not ive played against him and seen him pitch hes nothing special hes definately no where near the guys that are being mentioned on here.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby allyooper23 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:23 pm

ya i heard this kid ur talking about on a crappy team just got offered to go to NDSU to pitch. with him they'll go middle of the EDC standings. crappy?
allyooper23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tbear » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:34 am

Hinsa wrote:You are wise beyond your years, shs01240.

We'll have to see if the boys in Moorhead feel the same way this summer (after the shot shs1240 took at them).
Tbear

Postby Ace08 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:37 am

Tbear wrote:
Hinsa wrote:You are wise beyond your years, shs01240.

We'll have to see if the boys in Moorhead feel the same way this summer (after the shot shs1240 took at them).

what shot was this?
Ace08
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:23 am

Number7 wrote:

try stephen laylock from dhs
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:24 am

baseball18 wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:does frenzel even pitch? lol he has a cannon but have never seen him on the hill.

Frenzel pitched when he played JV as an 8th grader

frenzel is gonna close this year for dhs is the way its looking
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gametime01 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 pm

frenzels grade doesnt reflect his age.
gametime01

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:42 pm

gametime01 wrote:frenzels grade doesnt reflect his age.

Thank you???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riders » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 am

doesnt matter...hes still one of the best players in the nation for his class.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 am

allyooper23 wrote:

ya i heard this kid ur talking about on a crappy team just got offered to go to NDSU to pitch. with him they'll go middle of the EDC standings. crappy?

I heard he was offered to walk on. Every one can use left handed pitchers.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:00 pm

riders wrote:doesnt matter...hes still one of the best players in the nation for his class.

thats a strong statement......has he even gotten much better since 8th grade?
demon_fan14

Postby riders » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:01 am

demon_fan14 wrote:
riders wrote:doesnt matter...hes still one of the best players in the nation for his class.

he threw 88mph from SS for baseball america...3mph faster than derek jeter...you tell me if hes good or not.
Last edited by riders on Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:15 am

highheat wrote:
riders wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

he threw 92mph from SS for baseball america...3mph faster than derek jeter...you tell me if hes good or not.

proof? i have never been overly impressed by his arm strength. so unless he tries a lot harder in front of scouts at a practice than he does in games, i find it unlikely he popped even one throw at 92.

perfect game usa...as a soph (2006) he threw 82mph. rated 8.5 out of 10. (9 -- Potential top 10 round pick, Top DI prospect... 8 -- Potential mid round pick, definite DI prospect )
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:18 am

riders
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Class A