Legion rule change needed?

Legion rule change needed?

Postby Willy » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:47 am

It didn't happen, but it could have....Last summer, Lundy was placed on the Minot Vista's roster even though he was committed to playing in a summer collegiate league. I am sure the hope was he would join the team after the collegiate league ended in late July or early August, just in time for tournaments. For what ever reason it did not happen, but the possibility was there.

It seems to me the seedings would have been skewed, a player that played all season for Minot would have been benched, not to mention the player coming back would have prepared all summer against better competition. Does anyone else think there should be a rule in place to prevent this from happening?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Legion rule change needed?

Postby cubsfan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:12 pm

Willy wrote:It didn't happen, but it could have....Last summer, Lundy was placed on the Minot Vista's roster even though he was committed to playing in a summer collegiate league. I am sure the hope was he would join the team after the collegiate league ended in late July or early August, just in time for tournaments. For what ever reason it did not happen, but the possibility was there.

It seems to me the seedings would have been skewed, a player that played all season for Minot would have been benched, not to mention the player coming back would have prepared all summer against better competition. Does anyone else think there should be a rule in place to prevent this from happening?

This same situation happened last year in Thompson. They had a player who was playing up in Canada and was going to return for the tournaments but their board would not allow it.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Class A