Who are the favorites for teh 2008 legion season?

Postby King23 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Who are the favorites for teh 2008 legion season? who is comin back for each team next year that will accually make a difference??
King James 23...you better reconize
King23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:41 pm

minot and dickinson possibly bismarck and prolly fargo and gf too
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Fargo's pitching will be very tough, but their hitting is not that good, IMO... Does anyone know which players come back for Fargo position-wise? They weren't a good hitting team this season and I think they lose some of their top-of-the-order guys.

Minot and Dickinson will be the cream of the crop in the West... Hard to say with Minot, they are hosting the Central Plains, so they could just coast through the season not playing well, or they could play relaxed and well since they have nothing to lose at state.

If Schroeder can come back, I favor Dickinson... If not, Minot might make it three in a row.
Y-not Daily

Postby Ming01 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Pretty sure Schrodeder is eligible to come back
Last edited by Ming01 on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:14 pm

Ming01 wrote:Pretty sure Schrodeder is elgibile to come back

Then mark me down for Dicky... Although, not to rip on their coaching staff too much, but I thought Schroeder's arm was about to fall off at state legion... He couldn't even throw it back into the infield two days after pitching.... And then they kept Laylock on the hill for 150+ pitches in the Friday night game... Not too smart for the future of your team, IMO...

Y-not Daily

Postby Mauer07 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 am

yes he is
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:55 am

Y-not Daily wrote:Then mark me down for Dicky... Although, not to rip on their coaching staff too much, but I thought Schroeder's arm was about to fall off at state legion... He couldn't even throw it back into the infield two days after pitching.... And then they kept Laylock on the hill for 150+ pitches in the Friday night game... Not too smart for the future of your team, IMO...

Kreis from GF threw nearly150 pitches vs Fargo in EDC, and had to come back vs Jamestown on 4 days rest at State and threw another complete game but wasn't as sharp as normal.  Agreed, all those pitches can take a toll.
b-baller

Postby ndfootball » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:08 pm

Elgie is elgible to come back so minot will get the edge.
ndfootball

Postby shs01240 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:16 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=802]b-baller[/user] wrote:
Y-not Daily wrote:Then mark me down for Dicky... Although, not to rip on their coaching staff too much, but I thought Schroeder's arm was about to fall off at state legion... He couldn't even throw it back into the infield two days after pitching.... And then they kept Laylock on the hill for 150+ pitches in the Friday night game... Not too smart for the future of your team, IMO...

Kreis from GF threw nearly150 pitches vs Fargo in EDC, and had to come back vs Jamestown on 4 days rest at State and threw another complete game but wasn't as sharp as normal.  Agreed, all those pitches can take a toll.
</span>

150!??!?! i don't know about that. the game ended in 7 innings
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:16 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=802]b-baller[/user] wrote:

</span>

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JR » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:02 pm

King23 wrote:Who are the favorites for teh 2008 legion season? who is comin back for each team next year that will accually make a difference??

Feist, Hensley, and Rheault are eligible to come back for west fargo.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:38 pm

</span>

You are right, it was probably closer to 130,   He threw a very good game, only one unearned run, but 10 Ks, 4 walks and a lot of 2 strike foul balls can add up in a hurry.  I think he threw close to 150 vs Jamestown in loss at state.  That's still a lot of pitches in a 5 day period.
Last edited by b-baller on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby dodgerfan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:27 am

b-baller wrote:

he only threw 7 innings
dodgerfan

Postby b-baller » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:23 am

he only threw 7 innings
You are right, I forgot it was a 9 inning game, but the point is 7 innings can range from 90 pitches to 150 pitches.  Pitch count is what is important, not innings.  Even pitch count can be deceiving as every pitcher recovers differently.  
Last edited by b-baller on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby dodgerfan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:26 pm

b-baller wrote:
he only threw 7 innings
You are right, I forgot it was a 9 inning game, but the point is 7 innings can range from 90 pitches to 150 pitches.  Pitch count is what is important, not innings.  Even pitch count can be deceiving as every pitcher recovers differently.  

sounds like excuses, and gabe daul should have figured that out
dodgerfan

Postby b-baller » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:37 am

No excuses and Dahl had it figured out just fine.  That was the best option for a staff that wasn't very deep. 
b-baller

Postby dodgerfan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:39 pm

b-baller wrote:No excuses and Dahl had it figured out just fine.  That was the best option for a staff that wasn't very deep. 

why didn't they throw potter then, he had more rest then kreis did
dodgerfan

Postby b-baller » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:04 pm

Potter threw the day before, lost game one.
b-baller

Re:

Postby riders » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:06 am

Ming01 wrote:Pretty sure Schrodeder is eligible to come back

schroeder is eligible to return along with ollila, tooley, and koppinger. dickinson should be a solid team with the possibility of having almost the same team as last year.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Re:

Postby baseball30 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:26 am

riders wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Pretty sure Schrodeder is eligible to come back

schroeder is eligible to return along with ollila, tooley, and koppinger. dickinson should be a solid team with the possibility of having almost the same team as last year.

ollila and koppinger cant return, just schroeder and tooley..
baseball30

Postby HighRoller » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:08 pm

If the riders could just get Kovacs to play legion they would be unstopable!!!
HighRoller

Re: Who are the favorites for teh 2008 legion season?

Postby Jefferson Clark » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:22 am

where did you hear that he wasnt going to play?
Jefferson Clark

Postby riders » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:34 am

HighRoller wrote:If the riders could just get Kovacs to play legion they would be unstopable!!!

very true. they may be anyway with the pitching staff they will have in laylock, schroeder, tooley, steve, frenzel, and even herauf if last year is any indication of what to look for this year. minot will be tough again as usual.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HighRoller » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 pm

riders wrote:
HighRoller wrote:If the riders could just get Kovacs to play legion they would be unstopable!!!

very true. they may be anyway with the pitching staff they will have in laylock, schroeder, tooley, steve, frenzel, and even herauf if last year is any indication of what to look for this year. minot will be tough again as usual.

Come tournament time you need more than 4 pitchers, last year they used schroeder, tooley, steve (relieved tooley in the 7th) and laylock the next day. They were out of pitchers at that time thats why they lost to Bismarck!! If they would of beat Bismarck I dont know who they would have thrown, thats why they need Kovacs for sure.
HighRoller

Returners

Postby JR » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:07 pm

So with the legion season right around the corner, does anybody know who is really coming back to play.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A