Who are the favorites for teh 2008 legion season?

Re: Returners

Postby HighRoller » Thu May 01, 2008 12:12 am

JR wrote:So with the legion season right around the corner, does anybody know who is really coming back to play.

Tooley and schroeder for dickinson, gathman can for minot, im not really sure for the others
HighRoller

Re: Re:

Postby HighRoller » Tue May 06, 2008 11:45 pm

HighRoller wrote:
riders wrote:
HighRoller wrote:If the riders could just get Kovacs to play legion they would be unstopable!!!

very true. they may be anyway with the pitching staff they will have in laylock, schroeder, tooley, steve, frenzel, and even herauf if last year is any indication of what to look for this year. minot will be tough again as usual.

Come tournament time you need more than 4 pitchers, last year they used schroeder, tooley, steve (relieved tooley in the 7th) and laylock the next day. They were out of pitchers at that time thats why they lost to Bismarck!! If they would of beat Bismarck I dont know who they would have thrown, thats why they need Kovacs for sure.

Good news for the riders Kovacs, Wandler, and Peters all in the lineup for legion
HighRoller

Postby riders » Fri May 09, 2008 10:27 am

HighRoller wrote:Good news for the riders Kovacs, Wandler, and Peters all in the lineup for legion

negetive on peters
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HighRoller » Fri May 09, 2008 11:53 am

riders wrote:
HighRoller wrote:Good news for the riders Kovacs, Wandler, and Peters all in the lineup for legion

negetive on peters

Who says this, I talk to alot of guys from dickinson and they said he was if he didnt have to have surgery
Last edited by HighRoller on Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
HighRoller

Re: Who are the favorites for teh 2008 legion season?

Postby baseball18 » Fri May 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Erhardts back for Bismarck
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball 15 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:31 am

Devils lake will have greene back from injury during the highschool season
baseball 15

Postby tdog09 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:45 pm

I like dickinson mainly for their pitching staff with schroeder tooley laylock kovacs and steve they will be able to win a lot of games and will be able to go farther than last year when they ran out of pitching.
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HighRoller » Mon May 26, 2008 12:14 am

tdog09 wrote:I like dickinson mainly for their pitching staff with schroeder tooley laylock kovacs and steve they will be able to win a lot of games and will be able to go farther than last year when they ran out of pitching.

They also have Wandler from what I heard but they do not have a back-up catcher so steve might not be seeing much time on the hill...Berg isnt playing
HighRoller

Postby tdog09 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:56 pm

HighRoller wrote:
tdog09 wrote:I like dickinson mainly for their pitching staff with schroeder tooley laylock kovacs and steve they will be able to win a lot of games and will be able to go farther than last year when they ran out of pitching.

They also have Wandler from what I heard but they do not have a back-up catcher so steve might not be seeing much time on the hill...Berg isnt playing

true also jeff kaiser and zach keller aren't playing and tyrel gion is playing in hettinger so even with schroeder and tooley they will be short on the outfield but dickinson's coaching staff will find someone to be a backup catcher
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HighRoller » Thu May 29, 2008 4:02 pm

tdog09 wrote:
HighRoller wrote:

true also jeff kaiser and zach keller aren't playing and tyrel gion is playing in hettinger so even with schroeder and tooley they will be short on the outfield but dickinson's coaching staff will find someone to be a backup catcher

Im not gonna lie tho Tooley Steffen Schroeder is one of the best outfield groups ive seen in a real long time!!!!
HighRoller

Postby tdog09 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:36 pm

HighRoller wrote:
tdog09 wrote:
HighRoller wrote:

Im not gonna lie tho Tooley Steffen Schroeder is one of the best outfield groups ive seen in a real long time!!!!

ya it is maybe andy tomanek will be backup catcher i know he can catch
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:17 am

HighRoller wrote:Who says this, I talk to alot of guys from dickinson and they said he was if he didnt have to have surgery

peters prolly would play if he didnt have to have surgery..we'll see today whos really playing
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:55 pm

i heard that dickinson will only have 10 players too in their lineup??
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:19 am

So looks like it may be a long season for the "Govs" with 12 players trying out! i could be totally wrong but it might be a tough season on some of them.
What is it now top 5 to state for sure? to me it looks like this
1. Dicky stacked few teams should even touch them
2. Fargo according to dead ball era should be untouchable...haha
3. Willy...If Sorenson plays i dont think he played last sommer??? anyone know?
4. Minot Put an aluminum in Elgies hand you do the math
5. GF i feel by default because i can see hostility with the govs
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riders » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 am

Mauer07 wrote:i heard that dickinson will only have 10 players too in their lineup??

ten "for sure" players. tryouts are still going on
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 am

Saucesauer wrote:So looks like it may be a long season for the "Govs" with 12 players trying out! i could be totally wrong but it might be a tough season on some of them.
What is it now top 5 to state for sure? to me it looks like this
1. Dicky stacked few teams should even touch them
2. Fargo according to dead ball era should be untouchable...haha
3. Willy...If Sorenson plays i dont think he played last sommer??? anyone know?
4. Minot Put an aluminum in Elgies hand you do the math
5. GF i feel by default because i can see hostility with the govs

12?!?!?!!?!
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:39 pm

riders wrote:
HighRoller wrote:Who says this, I talk to alot of guys from dickinson and they said he was if he didnt have to have surgery

peters prolly would play if he didnt have to have surgery..we'll see today whos really playing

funny thing is hes not having surgery
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HighRoller » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:53 am

riders wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:i heard that dickinson will only have 10 players too in their lineup??

ten "for sure" players. tryouts are still going on

If they could get Eric Seiler, Tommy Peters, Ryan Jones, Kyle Breen, and the younger Kovacs, they would be a great team. Also that McNeily kid is good.

Beacause after watching those kids in JV highschool, they could help the riders a ton!!!
HighRoller

Postby tdog09 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:36 pm

Dickinson has 2 freshman, Sean Kelly and Grant Dvorak from the legion b team that are gonna be playing alot of legion a because there is only ten guys.
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tdog09 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:11 pm

i believe ryan jones kyle breen and eric sailer are going out now
tdog09
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Class A