Who are the favorites next year for high school?

Postby allstar23 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:44 pm

Bismarck High School
allstar23

Postby statechamp07 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14 am

i'd have to agree with bismarck as well i think they have something like 8 starters returning off a very good team who took 3rd in the west last year

top teams in the west

minot bhs dicky century willy
statechamp07

Postby Baseballfan35 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:24 pm

Bismarck High should be one of the top teams in the state.  They return a load of pitching and experience.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're one of the top teams in the end.
Baseballfan35

Postby kel20Nd » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:03 pm

[align=left]Mandan returns 9 starters they wont be a push over
[/align]
kel20Nd

Postby und52 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:14 am

i think minot and bismarck will be strong out west

shanley and red river could make a run in the east
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:35 am

1. Dickinson
2. Minot
3. Bismarck
4. Williston
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby dodgerfan » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:27 pm

statechamp07 wrote:i'd have to agree with bismarck as well i think they have something like 8 starters returning off a very good team who took 3rd in the west last year

top teams in the west

minot bhs dicky century willy

bismarck didn't even make state last year
dodgerfan

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:12 pm

word on the street is CHS will have co-coaches in Kent Schweigert from SMCHS now teaching at CHS and Gustovsson so the way i see it Schweigert will be 16-0 or however many games he head coaches and the CHS baseball team as a whole will be 20-12 ish
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:20 am

Saucesauer wrote:word on the street is CHS will have co-coaches in Kent Schweigert from SMCHS now teaching at CHS and Gustovsson so the way i see it Schweigert will be 16-0 or however many games he head coaches and the CHS baseball team as a whole will be 20-12 ish

They're both coaching Century?  Hopefully SM will get Joe Mueller for their baseball coach, he's the best baseball coach in Bismarck.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:22 am

Ming01 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:word on the street is CHS will have co-coaches in Kent Schweigert from SMCHS now teaching at CHS and Gustovsson so the way i see it Schweigert will be 16-0 or however many games he head coaches and the CHS baseball team as a whole will be 20-12 ish

They're both coaching Century?  Hopefully SM will get Joe Mueller for their baseball coach, he's the best baseball coach in Bismarck.

ohh ya..iam pretty sure joe said he didnt want the job which is very unfortunate
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby Riotmaker#9 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 am

I like the south pick for number one, butr i dont see whats going to be so great about North. They have solid players but no one that will blow you away. Red River should be good and Shanley should surprise people with their talent.
"They call me Birdman Jr. I'm flyer than the rest. I'm trying to get a couple cool pigeons to the nest."
Riotmaker#9
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby baseballislife » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:18 am

Saucesauer wrote:You can only blame people(coaches) for so long and than you have to man up and take responsibilty for what your team cant do and make them do it

I agree although Ibach did ruin the team with the talent fargo has they should be a contender every year. And for the highschool season this year south is gonna have amazing pitching.
baseballislife

Re: Who are the favorites next year for high school?

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:44 am

Ben Schafer Head SMCHS baseball coach or at least word on the street he should bring a little pizzaz to the west i am excited to watch him coach if this is true
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:42 am

Saucesauer wrote:Ben Schafer Head SMCHS baseball coach or at least word on the street he should bring a little pizzaz to the west i am excited to watch him coach if this is true

very interesting, he knows his stuff
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Re:

Postby sharpey24 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:15 pm

whateverittakes wrote:EDC will be like this IMO

Fargo South 1

2 fargo north

3 red river

4 shanley

5 west fargo

6wahpeton

7central

8 Devils Lake

This looks about right...I would switch 2 and 3, and also 4 and 5. Red River had a lot of talent at the JV level last year as did West Fargo and can see both teams reloading nicely...Shanley's JV struggled but they usually move up all of their talent and they develop at the Varsity level and will be hoping to do that this year I guess, a top 5 finish is generous for them I think...
sharpey24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseballislife » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:24 am

Andy Schweigert is all that is man!
baseballislife

Postby carramrod02 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:17 pm

south is no where near the top in the state. last year they had an amazing team and i think took 6th in state. you cant win baseball when you have coaches who should be coaching t-ball coaching highschool
carramrod02

Postby baseballislife » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:08 am

Andy Schweigert is a baseball god!
baseballislife

Postby Number7 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:14 pm

Thats a great point with the south coaching staff, with all of the talent and the pitching staff they have they shouldn't finish 6th. Those coaches are a big reason. I know I said something about south's coaches in basketball too how they can never get them to play as a team, I dont know what going on but who is the AD at south, besides Feeney there are some questionable hires over there. But now this is all way off topic.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ttime262 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:29 pm

West Fargo will finish dead last
ttime262

Postby carramrod02 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:39 pm

for all you people you are overrating south way to much, south will have trouble making it to state guarenteed
carramrod02

Postby sharpey24 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:51 pm

Well if they do make state lets hope they can keep their heads this time...it was embarassing to the whole state of North Dakota what they did last year.
sharpey24
NDPreps Rookie

Postby und52 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:00 am

baseballislife wrote:Andy Schweigert is a baseball god!

Schweigert isn't even the best player on Shanley's team Jagim and Geffroh are both better but Schweigert is a close third

Scheigert might be immortal though
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Re:

Postby unocinco » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:09 pm

brownbomber wrote:dickinson minot

Devils Lake will own this year with all the players they have returning from last yeah only losing one starter
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:40 pm

how did dl baseball even do last year?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Class A