Who are the favorites next year for high school?

Re: Who are the favorites next year for high school?

Postby Number7 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:55 pm

8th seed in the EDC tourney lost out to North and Shanley. They lost Greene who was the team's best player but I can definately see them being the surprise team in the east. Jason burdick was all-edc and will lead the way for them offensively. I just dont know about their pitching staff.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:58 pm

Number7 wrote:8th seed in the EDC tourney lost out to North and Shanley. They lost Greene who was the team's best player but I can definately see them being the surprise team in the east. Jason burdick was all-edc and will lead the way for them offensively. I just dont know about their pitching staff.

Green is a senior this year...still their best player...heard he is going to sign with NDSU
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Number7 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:27 pm

Baller wrote:
Number7 wrote:8th seed in the EDC tourney lost out to North and Shanley. They lost Greene who was the team's best player but I can definately see them being the surprise team in the east. Jason burdick was all-edc and will lead the way for them offensively. I just dont know about their pitching staff.

Green is a senior this year...still their best player...heard he is going to sign with NDSU

Sorry.. my bad. I can definately see them making a push for a 4-5 seed then which would have to be considered a surprise, plus the EDC tourney is up there this year so you never. Good for him though and its good to see more ND kids playing on the bison.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby slapshotpro07-08yea » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:34 pm

The Bismack Demonds will be very tough this year and They usually play Century tough but i think this year it will be a blow out century has like 3 retuning starters and none of them are that good.And when it comes to high school baseball that is all i hear about is the Century and Demonds game Go Get Ummm DEMONDS!!!!!!
slapshotpro07-08yea

Postby Minot Stunna » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Not to be that guy, but it is Demons. But a legit point, BHS boys were better than people thought and were very young. They will be some what of a sleeper in my eyes, they are gonna be tough to beat.
Minot Stunna
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sports4lif3 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:50 pm

slapshotpro07-08yea wrote:The Bismack Demonds will be very tough this year and They usually play Century tough but i think this year it will be a blow out century has like 3 retuning starters and none of them are that good.And when it comes to high school baseball that is all i hear about is the Century and Demonds game Go Get Ummm DEMONDS!!!!!!

Uhh doesn't century have Wentz coming back.... I would say he is good
sports4lif3

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:55 pm

slapshotpro07-08yea wrote:The Bismack Demonds will be very tough this year and They usually play Century tough but i think this year it will be a blow out century has like 3 retuning starters and none of them are that good.And when it comes to high school baseball that is all i hear about is the Century and Demonds game Go Get Ummm DEMONDS!!!!!!

You are an absolute idiot, the demonds are probly going to be last in whatever confrence they are in where as i can see the demons being a top 3-4 team in the west century did lose 6 or 7 starters but they still have 4 established players back with wentz, isakson, schlosser, and kendall
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:26 pm

Demonds huh??? How old are you?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby dewey11 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:30 am

Dickinson will repeat at state this year. Coach Dobitz is doing a great job and there is plenty of talent in the lower levels of Dickinson baseball too. Laylock will be the state's best pitcher. Frenzel will have the most home runs. Steffan will have the most stolen bases.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:07 pm

dewey11 wrote:Dickinson will repeat at state this year. Coach Dobitz is doing a great job and there is plenty of talent in the lower levels of Dickinson baseball too. Laylock will be the state's best pitcher. Frenzel will have the most home runs. Steffan will have the most stolen bases.

It's really hard to argue against that pick. From what I've heard they have the best combination of hitting and pitching in the state. I will say that if Fargo South figures out how to score some runs, they will be a definitel contender. Their pitching is tops in state, and shouldn't give up any more than 2 runs a game when tournament time rolls around. They are the "sexy" pick, but Dickinson is the logical one.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:40 pm

I dont see South or anyone else from the east holding a west team to 2 runs or less at the state tournament. Not from what I saw last year.

It's really hard to argue against that pick. From what I've heard they have the best combination of hitting and pitching in the state. I will say that if Fargo South figures out how to score some runs, they will be a definitel contender. Their pitching is tops in state, and shouldn't give up any more than 2 runs a game when tournament time rolls around. They are the "sexy" pick, but Dickinson is the logical one.[/quote]
b-baller

Postby Number7 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:05 pm

b-baller wrote:I dont see South or anyone else from the east holding a west team to 2 runs or less at the state tournament. Not from what I saw last year.

It's really hard to argue against that pick. From what I've heard they have the best combination of hitting and pitching in the state. I will say that if Fargo South figures out how to score some runs, they will be a definitel contender. Their pitching is tops in state, and shouldn't give up any more than 2 runs a game when tournament time rolls around. They are the "sexy" pick, but Dickinson is the logical one.
[/quote]
then you need to seriously get your vision checked and look back at last year one more time
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:13 pm

You're right 7. East pitching was decent at HS State. Must have been Legion state tournament where west dominated east pitching.

then you need to seriously get your vision checked and look back at last year one more time[/quote]
b-baller

Postby shs01240 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:28 pm

b-baller wrote:You're right 7. East pitching was decent at HS State. Must have been Legion state tournament where west dominated east pitching.

then you need to seriously get your vision checked and look back at last year one more time
[/quote]

Just shows how big of a difference wood bats make.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:59 pm

b-baller wrote:You're right 7. East pitching was decent at HS State. Must have been Legion state tournament where west dominated east pitching.

[/quote]
Ok, now legion i'll definately agree with that and wood bats are huge. But, I think it will be better this year with kids having a full-year with them under their belts.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:56 pm

Number7 wrote:

Ok, now legion i'll definately agree with that and wood bats are huge. But, I think it will be better this year with kids having a full-year with them under their belts.[/quote]

I will respectfully, completely, disagree with you on the wood bats. Average pitchers will be made much better, and the best, will be even better. Only time will tell, and if I'm wrong, make sure to correct me at the end of the season.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:27 pm

shs01240 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

Ok, now legion i'll definately agree with that and wood bats are huge. But, I think it will be better this year with kids having a full-year with them under their belts.

I will respectfully, completely, disagree with you on the wood bats. Average pitchers will be made much better, and the best, will be even better. Only time will tell, and if I'm wrong, make sure to correct me at the end of the season.[/quote]
Sorry but I'm kinda confused...I'm not saying there will be the 15-13 games you can see with metal. I still agree they (wood bats) make pitchers look better. I'm just saying there will be more production at the plate through the whole season, after having a full year with wood.
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Number7 wrote:
shs01240 wrote:
Number7 wrote:

I will respectfully, completely, disagree with you on the wood bats. Average pitchers will be made much better, and the best, will be even better. Only time will tell, and if I'm wrong, make sure to correct me at the end of the season.

Sorry but I'm kinda confused...I'm not saying there will be the 15-13 games you can see with metal. I still agree they (wood bats) make pitchers look better. I'm just saying there will be more production at the plate through the whole season, after having a full year with wood.[/quote]

..and I say offensive production will not improve.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JR » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Personally i believe that the hitting production will stay at about the same or even drop some... in general the class of 2007 was a very good class... lots of good players from each of the EDC and WDC that teams will be losing therefore i believe that hte production will drop more than gain
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby J.Loftus » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Bismarck, Minot
J.Loftus
NDPreps Rookie

Postby riders » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 am

minot, dickinson, mabey bismarck
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class A