Fargo
9%
Jamestown
14%
West Fargo
9%

Total votes : 44

Postby nd-ball41 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:27 am

So who do you think r the favorites to win?? Do you forsee any upsets?
nd-ball41

Postby whateverittakes » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:02 am

Minot will beat West Fargo but will be an ok game

Bismarck will beat Fargo

Grand Forks will beat Dicky

Williston will kill Jamestown

Grand Forks will beat Williston

Minot will beat Bismarck

Minot will beat Grand Forks

Minot in the chapionship will beat Bismarck who comes all the way back

whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby highheat » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:13 am

whateverittakes wrote:Minot will beat West Fargo but will be an ok game

Bismarck will beat Fargo

Grand Forks will beat Dicky

Williston will kill Jamestown

Grand Forks will beat Williston

Minot will beat Bismarck

Minot will beat Grand Forks

Minot in the chapionship will beat Bismarck who comes all the way back

minot and west fargo an ok game? i cannot think of any reason why minot wont blow up west fargo first round. bismarck-fargo game should be a good one.
highheat

Postby baseball fan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:22 am

Minot West Fargo could be a good game as Minot beat them on a walk off in Minot the last time they played...also highheat you are from Fargo so I would worry about myself as you could easily go 2 and out as your year has been less than stellar...
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shs01240 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:10 pm

It's true fargo's record is less than stellar, but i find it hard to believe that they will go 0-2 bbq.

If post 2 gets past the wentz led bismarck team in the first round i think they have to be considered the favorite because of their unmatched pitching depth.  They have 8 or 9 guys that would be in the starting rotations of any other team in the state.  Grand Forks will also be tough, but someone on their staff will have to step up and pick up the slack when kries and potter aren't available, if they are gonna go deep into the tournament.  All four west teams are very talented, but i'm skeptical about their pitching depth, specifically in the late innings of their 3rd or 4th games, when their "studs" aren't available.

The tournament is up for grabs, and i truly don't know who will come out on top.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:07 pm

Minot is finally starting to play up to their full potential this year. The only team I can see beating them here on out is Bismarck. Don't get me wrong, there can still be upsets, and Grand Forks, Fargo, Williston and Dickinson are all good teams but I think Minot is better than them. It will be a fun State Tournament, as was last years.

Quick question...Is it true that no East team has beat a West team yet this year? I thought I overheard someone saying that at a game at the WDA tournament.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby baseball fan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:27 pm

I know West Fargo beat Devils Lake and Mandan but they are not in tourney and Fargo split with Bismarck and also Williston so no....NOT true....although west is very tough this year but look out for GF I hate to say it but they crushed everyone in the east during the tourney
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Willy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:33 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote: Quick question...Is it true that no East team has beat a West team yet this year? I thought I overheard someone saying that at a game at the WDA tournament.

GF split with Bismarck too.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:44 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:Minot is finally starting to play up to their full potential this year. The only team I can see beating them here on out is Bismarck. Don't get me wrong, there can still be upsets, and Grand Forks, Fargo, Williston and Dickinson are all good teams but I think Minot is better than them. It will be a fun State Tournament, as was last years.

Quick question...Is it true that no East team has beat a West team yet this year? I thought I overheard someone saying that at a game at the WDA tournament.

that shows you that half the fans in the state are brain dead. 

i gotta go with dicky upsetting GF in round 1...schroeder will get them that win.  i'd like to say dickinson will win it, but larson has ran the table to many times for me to go against minot.

if gf beats dickinson, i think they'll win it..theyr gotta be the team to beat in this tourney.

i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:47 pm

I would say any one of six teams could win (only West Fargo and Jamestown have almost no chance, IMO), although I'd be shocked if a team from the East won the whole thing. The west is pretty strong and I think Grand Forks would have been battling for a spot at state if it were in the west. An all-west sweep in the first round wouldn't shock me, esp. if Schroeder throws for Dix.

Y-not Daily

Postby baseball fan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:10 pm

Grand Forks will not lose to Dicky...they will surprise you and have a lot of experience back it will be GF and somebody in the finals as long as Gf does not lose early....
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nd-ball41 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:18 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:Minot is finally starting to play up to their full potential this year. The only team I can see beating them here on out is Bismarck. Don't get me wrong, there can still be upsets, and Grand Forks, Fargo, Williston and Dickinson are all good teams but I think Minot is better than them. It will be a fun State Tournament, as was last years.

Jamestown beat Mandan & Devils Lake this year.
nd-ball41

Postby shs01240 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:37 pm

fargo beat dickinson too i believe
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:24 pm

Im going to call it, there will be no east team in the final... it's going to be either Minot, Bismarck, or Williston... take your pick.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:39 pm

Does anyone know what radio station all the games will be broadcasted on?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Willy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Schroeder vs Potter in round one could be the pitching matchup of the tournament.  Should be a low scoring game decided in the late innings.  Could they both throw nine?  or, maybe Dicky will save Schroeder for the second game, seems that would be the only chance they would have against Williston.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:00 am

Minot's KRRZ 1390 AM is carrying all of the Minot Vistas games of the State A Tourney.  Scott Kittell with play-by-play.

It's now 1:00 pm on Wednesday, and Minot is leading West Fargo 16-6  in the bottom of 6th inning.  17 hits so far for Minot.  Zac Elgie has a 2 run HR and a bases clearing triple for 5 total RBI, Teddy Anderson has a solo shot HR.  Minot scored 11 runs in the 6th inning and had 15 batters to the plate in the 6th. 

10 run rule in effect after 7 innings if Minot can hold West Fargo scoreless in the top of the 7th. 
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:13 am

West Fargo scored 2 in the top of the 7th to stay alive.  Now 16-8 Minot in the bottom of the 7th.  7th, 8th, and 9th hitters up for the Vistas in the bottom of the 7th.
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:30 am

Minot wins it with 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th, 18-8 final.   West Fargo actually led 6-5 in the 5th inning.  12 hits for West Fargo, 21 hits for Minot.  Shane Gathman got the win for Minot : 6 ip, 8 hits, 5 runs, 5 k's, and 2 bb.  Minot plays at 5pm tomorrow against the winner of Bismarck and Fargo.  Minot improves to 44-13.  Minot had 2 errors, West Fargo with 5.        
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Football Guy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:44 am

Here's some more info. I just heard about the Williston vs. Jamestown game.  Z-96 is carrying the the game in Williston.  96.1 FM on the dial.  You can also listen to live streaming audio of the Williston games during the State Class A Legion tournament on www.network1sports.com.  Ralph Lockwood with the play-by-play of the Keybirds. 

His pregame show starts at 1:50 pm, 1st pitch at 2:00 pm.       
ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:21 am

baseball fan wrote:Grand Forks will not lose to Dicky...they will surprise you and have a lot of experience back it will be GF and somebody in the finals as long as Gf does not lose early....

hahahahaha, 6-3 i think it was
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:18 pm

kyle schroeder and cole frenzel might be the best pitcher and player in the state, respectively.....these two simply carry their team in big games.

minot looked dang good to, that HR elgie hit was crushed.  once again, not impressed one bit with east baseball.....
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Football Guy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Today's Class A Scores

PPD Game from yesterday - Bismarck 4, Fargo 3  (8:30 am)

Loser Out Games :

Jamestown 12, Grand Forks 9

Fargo is leading West Fargo 4 -1 in the top of the 7th.

ND Football Guy
NDPreps All-State

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:44 pm

Fargo beats West Fargo by a score of I think 6-2 and Minot pounds Bismarck 19-5. Minot had 26 hits in the game. Minot and Bismarck had a combined 40 hits.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby i_see_it_all » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Willy wrote:Schroeder vs Potter in round one could be the pitching matchup of the tournament.  Should be a low scoring game decided in the late innings.  Could they both throw nine?  or, maybe Dicky will save Schroeder for the second game, seems that would be the only chance they would have against Williston.

dickinson pounded potter for 6 runs in the 5 innings he threw, schroeder dominated GF.

dickinson then takes down williston 8-5 WITHOUT schroeder on the hill

willy, you sure know your baseball.......free lesson for ya, dont bet against the riders.
Last edited by i_see_it_all on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A