9%
Jamestown
14%
West Fargo
9%

Total votes : 44

Postby bisonslayer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:34 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:

And padding stats wow, thats ridiculous..this is baseball!!! They pitch you hit!!

little easier to hit when the kid is lobbing the ball in there and the defense barely reacts when the ball is hit....not to mention the team has won 1 whole game in 4 years of baseball.  everyone knows playing belcourt is basically a few games to boost the stats.....anyone who says different is lying.  

baseball 1981, i think your right with saying that about only pitchers being drafted...i wonder why that is though?  I think bryan erstad was drafted out of high school, but I cant think of anyone else who was a hitter?   can name a dozen pitchers, no hitters though.

I'd say Elgie has no problem hitting anyone, and usually lobbing the ball in there could throw off the batters timing, so therefore still gotta hit it..never seen belcourt play, but I have played my fair share of bad teams with slow pitchers in 'b'.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 pm

baseball1981 wrote:no north dakota kid is going to get drafted out of high school unless he's a pitcher, because they cant trust nd hitters as much, elgie wont get drafted until he finished juco or becomes a junior in a d1, look at lundy, he hit like 18 bombs this year at iowa western and did the same thing as elgie is donig this year in legion and lundy didnt get drafted and he's a way better player than elgie....

Lundy didn't get drafted because he had already committed to Iowa Western for his sophomore year.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby baseball1981 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:02 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:
baseball1981 wrote:no north dakota kid is going to get drafted out of high school unless he's a pitcher, because they cant trust nd hitters as much, elgie wont get drafted until he finished juco or becomes a junior in a d1, look at lundy, he hit like 18 bombs this year at iowa western and did the same thing as elgie is donig this year in legion and lundy didnt get drafted and he's a way better player than elgie....

Lundy didn't get drafted because he had already committed to Iowa Western for his sophomore year.

i believe thats only partly why, from what i heard he struggled to hit curveballs late in the year, i dont think elgie has seen many good curveballs in his career so far, very few people have from north dakota
baseball1981

Postby Ming01 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:13 pm

Speaking of Elgie here's an article on him that even mentions scouts looking at him...

http://www.marshallindependent.com/sports/articles.asp?articleID=14880
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:36 am

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:

Yup... His teammate Doug Kroll had even better numbers (.492 avg., 17 HR, 82 RBI) than Lundy and didn't get drafted for the same reason... There is no reason for a team to draft a kid who has declared he is going back to school because the draft and follow gets cut off in like Aug. or Sept. now... Both would have been drafted last year and both certainly will next spring.
Y-not Daily

Postby glorydays » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:25 pm

Last edited by glorydays on Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glorydays

Postby glorydays » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:27 pm

glorydays wrote:
NODAKsportsFAN wrote:

Hey first I gotta say thanks for keeping the updates on the games and providing the link to the gametracker.  I love to keep track of the Vistas when I get a chance and being on the east coast and no radio feeds this is great......

so as to your discussion going on here some of it sounds as if you on here are players that are a little jealous of how much attention Elgie is getting (i'm not aiming that comment at the people I continued this on...).  If you are here's a tip...out work him, then see where you are at.  He's the real deal.  True he's not a top 10 rounder right now and there are plenty of areas he needs work on, but the just hit his 30th of the season.  Plus he still has another 10 months before the draft, to get drafted.  I will consent that unless he does get big money it would do nothing but benefit him to go to school.

As far as the Lundy situation though he committed to another year at Iowa Western that has little to do with him not getting drafted unless he told them no way he was signing this year.  There is constant dialogue between the scouts and players on what it will take to sign them throughout the year not just right at draft time.

Not knowing much about the Frenzel kid besides what I've heard and seeing him play two games, is that he has a bright future ahead of him, but isn't on Elgie's level right now...

oh, while I was writing this Elgie hit his 31 in the bottom of the ninth...
glorydays

Postby shs01240 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:27 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced"><span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=3979]glorydays[/user] wrote:
NODAKsportsFAN wrote:

Hey first I gotta say thanks for keeping the updates on the games and providing the link to the gametracker.  I love to keep track of the Vistas when I get a chance and being on the east coast and no radio feeds this is great......

so as to your discussion going on here some of it sounds as if you on here are players that are a little jealous of how much attention Elgie is getting (i'm not aiming that comment at the people I continued this on...).  If you are here's a tip...out work him, then see where you are at.  He's the real deal.  True he's not a top 10 rounder right now and there are plenty of areas he needs work on, but the just hit his 30th of the season.  Plus he still has another 10 months before the draft, to get drafted.  I will consent that unless he does get big money it would do nothing but benefit him to go to school.

As far as the Lundy situation though he committed to another year at Iowa Western that has little to do with him not getting drafted unless he told them no way he was signing this year.  There is constant dialogue between the scouts and players on what it will take to sign them throughout the year not just right at draft time.

Not knowing much about the Frenzel kid besides what I've heard and seeing him play two games, is that he has a bright future ahead of him, but isn't on Elgie's level right now...

</span>

I agree with you. Jealousy has reared its ugly head.</span>
Last edited by shs01240 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:44 am

Ming01 wrote:Speaking of Elgie here's an article on him that even mentions scouts looking at him...

nice article. i liked this quote from larson..."He’s a raw talent. He has a ways to a go, but he’ll get there. He’s not ahead of the work ahead of him.â€Â
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball30 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:32 pm

If there were to be an all-state team for legion..who would make it
baseball30

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:46 pm

Ming01 wrote:Speaking of Elgie here's an article on him that even mentions scouts looking at him...

lol bullcrap the kid isnt big. he has a pro-type frame and ripped like no other.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 am

baseball30 wrote:Elgie= overrated..period

baseball30= idiot that has know clue about baseball that got shut up after elgie had one of the best regional tournements anyone could have
smart source

Previous

Return to Class A