ALL 21st CENTURY TEAM

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:12 pm

minotfan wrote:I would put Elgie behind the plate. He is a great catcher. He makes it tough to steal on him because he has such a strong arm. With his hitting ability he needs to be in the line up and I also feel that he is a better catcher than Dan Roberts was.

you might be right with this...i was always a dan roberts fan though. he used to catch a heck of a game for shirek.... even though football was probably his best sport

you could make a case for other guys as well...just a look at the top players that have gone through the ranks.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby glorydays » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:51 pm

dodgerfan wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:This is the team we came up with at work the other day....yea i work hard at my job! :D  we decided to go 21st centry since it was too hard to go back to the 90's and beyond.

im going to stick with the class A team since i am not as familiar with class B baseball and dont want to leave a B player out.   

agree/disagree?

Catcher- Dan Roberts( minot)  Reserves: Joel Stuglemyer (bismarck) Mike Feldman (Bismarck) ___? Peterson (fargo south catcher)  Ryan Jungling (mandan) 

1st Base- Brian Devillers (Grand Forks) Reserves: Tate Meyhoff (mandan) Zach Elgie (minot) Mike Lorz (fargo)  Tyler Liffrig (williston)

2nd Base- Tyler Frenzel (dickinson) Reserves:  Robbie Bina (grand forks) Travis Dressler (bismarck) Zach Wentz (Bismarck) Brain Sollemsaas (bismarck)

Shortstop- Danny Marto (Grand Forks)  Reserves: Mitch Kary (fargo) Andy Leer (williston) Nathan Burgard (dickinson) Scott Mikkelson (bismarck) 

3rd Base- Mike Klug (mandan)  Reserves: Andrew Gudmundson (minot) Valdie Magstadt (beulah) Reid Arnold (Fargo) Cole Frenzel (dickinson) Matt Lundeen (minot) Jeremy Flaig (Fargo)

Left Field- Jake Marto (grand Forks) Reserves:  Phil Shirek (minot) Ross Olson (fargo) Jeremy Burgard (Dickinson) Josh Lagein (Devils Lake)

Center Field- Ron Bethke (mandan) Reserves: Dan White (jamestown) Zach Bertschi (fargo) Dale Allard (minot) James Hennessey (williston) Pat Kallenback (dickinson)

Right Field- Tyler Lundy (Minot) Reserves: corey? Weidner (Beulah) Nevin Sorenson (williston) Andy Sadler (Grand Forks) Jordan Huelett (minot)

Designated Hitter- Zach Elgie (Minot) Reserves:  Cole Frenzel (Dickinson) Nate Pederson (fargo) Tyler Jangula (williston) Ben Sherer (Bismarck)

Pitcher- Phil Shirek (minot)  Reserves: Charlie Shirek (minot) Jason Schutt (Jamestown) Reed Kittelson (Fargo) Jake Laber (Fargo) Jake Landry (Grand Forks) Corey Nelson (Minot) Jake Marto (Grand Forks) Brandon Messer (Dickinson) James Hennessey (Williston) Andrew Gudmundson (Minot) Tyler Lundy (minot) Dan White (jamestown)

LINEUP

1. Jake Marto (L)

2. Danny Marto (R)/Tyler Frenzel (R)

3. Ron Bethke (L)

4. Mike Klug (R)

5. Tyler Lundy (R)

6.  Brian Devillers (L)

7. Zach Elgie (R)

8. Dan Roberts (R)

9. Danny Marto (R) /Tyler Frenzel (R)

I tried for a mix of speed, power and hitting and these are the starters and lineup i like.

how often have most of those reserves played those positions?

haha, great topic....

couple nit picks:

1  Brian Devillers was done in '99

2.  you (whoever started this) must be from Mandan with Bethke and Klug 3-4

3. Jed Steiner from Dickinson was the second best catcher after Dan Roberts while he was playing 99-01 and needs to be on the list

4.  Who is Jordan Huelett, and where is Perry Olson, no newscaster love?

And I correct in assuming that this would be an all-star team line up, having to shuffle people around?   

Good post though, interesting 

glorydays

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:36 am

yes steiner was a top defensive catcher in the state for sure..hitting was ok.

and yea just an all star team a bunch of us idiots came up with one day....
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby magichoops » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:30 am

Two more pitchers out of Minot for the list

Todd Baily
Shane Ziegler
magichoops

Re: ALL 21st CENTURY TEAM

Postby OldSchool » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:05 am

How about Aaron Marsden? 2000 Gatorade Player of the year. He has to be the top pitcher on the list!!! How did he get left out?
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:36 am

OldSchool wrote:How about Aaron Marsden? 2000 Gatorade Player of the year. He has to be the top pitcher on the list!!! How did he get left out?

Great point, Marsden actually spent a couple years in the minors, not many on that list can say that.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:55 am

how about luke teagle?
smart source

Postby OldSchool » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:23 pm

I don't know about Luke do you think that he should be above any of those guys at 1st base?
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:40 am

Mike Feldman
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:34 pm

OldSchool wrote:I don't know about Luke do you think that he should be above any of those guys at 1st base?

idk he did hit 26 hrs and held the vistas record b4 lundy and eventually elgie broke it
smart source

Postby OldSchool » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:01 pm

No question Luke could be on that list, but I suppose he would definitely be ahead of the Lorz kid from Fargo.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:41 pm

teagle graduated in 99.

marsden should be on here for sure for pitching. forgot him
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:47 am

marsden should be on here for sure for pitching. forgot him[/quote]

Not to late to edit your original post.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Oh OK I wasn't sure on Teagle so that leaves him out. Also if Danny Marto is on this team I think we have to consider a kid who had as good if not better hands, and was a much more pure hitter than Danny....He played at Central the same time. Who am I talking about? Guesses? If you are a baseball fan at all you will know who I am talking about because this kid was a stud, but he is probably overlooked because of his prowess in another sport. But IMO he was a better hitter and had just as good hands as Danny defensively.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby flyguy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:47 am

i_see_it_all wrote:This is the team we came up with at work the other day....yea i work hard at my job! :D  we decided to go 21st centry since it was too hard to go back to the 90's and beyond.

im going to stick with the class A team since i am not as familiar with class B baseball and dont want to leave a B player out.   

agree/disagree?

Catcher- Dan Roberts( minot)  Reserves: Joel Stuglemyer (bismarck) Mike Feldman (Bismarck) ___? Peterson (fargo south catcher)  Ryan Jungling (mandan) 

1st Base- Brian Devillers (Grand Forks) Reserves: Tate Meyhoff (mandan) Zach Elgie (minot) Mike Lorz (fargo)  Tyler Liffrig (williston)

2nd Base- Tyler Frenzel (dickinson) Reserves:  Robbie Bina (grand forks) Travis Dressler (bismarck) Zach Wentz (Bismarck) Brain Sollemsaas (bismarck)

Shortstop- Danny Marto (Grand Forks)  Reserves: Mitch Kary (fargo) Andy Leer (williston) Nathan Burgard (dickinson) Scott Mikkelson (bismarck) 

3rd Base- Mike Klug (mandan)  Reserves: Andrew Gudmundson (minot) Valdie Magstadt (beulah) Reid Arnold (Fargo) Cole Frenzel (dickinson) Matt Lundeen (minot) Jeremy Flaig (Fargo)

Left Field- Jake Marto (grand Forks) Reserves:  Phil Shirek (minot) Ross Olson (fargo) Jeremy Burgard (Dickinson) Josh Lagein (Devils Lake)

Center Field- Ron Bethke (mandan) Reserves: Dan White (jamestown) Zach Bertschi (fargo) Dale Allard (minot) James Hennessey (williston) Pat Kallenback (dickinson)

Right Field- Tyler Lundy (Minot) Reserves: corey? Weidner (Beulah) Nevin Sorenson (williston) Andy Sadler (Grand Forks) Jordan Huelett (minot)

Designated Hitter- Zach Elgie (Minot) Reserves:  Cole Frenzel (Dickinson) Nate Pederson (fargo) Tyler Jangula (williston) Ben Sherer (Bismarck)

Pitcher- Phil Shirek (minot)  Reserves: Charlie Shirek (minot) Jason Schutt (Jamestown) Reed Kittelson (Fargo) Jake Laber (Fargo) Jake Landry (Grand Forks) Corey Nelson (Minot) Jake Marto (Grand Forks) Brandon Messer (Dickinson) James Hennessey (Williston) Andrew Gudmundson (Minot) Tyler Lundy (minot) Dan White (jamestown)

LINEUP

1. Jake Marto (L)

2. Danny Marto (R)/Tyler Frenzel (R)

3. Ron Bethke (L)

4. Mike Klug (R)

5. Tyler Lundy (R)

6.  Brian Devillers (L)

7. Zach Elgie (R)

8. Dan Roberts (R)

9. Danny Marto (R) /Tyler Frenzel (R)

I tried for a mix of speed, power and hitting and these are the starters and lineup i like.

Over 1 Pitcher, 1 infeild 1 outfield, and an overall mvp who do u pick?
flyguy

Postby Willy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 pm

OldSchool wrote:Oh OK I wasn't sure on Teagle so that leaves him out. Also if Danny Marto is on this team I think we have to consider a kid who had as good if not better hands, and was a much more pure hitter than Danny....He played at Central the same time. Who am I talking about? Guesses? If you are a baseball fan at all you will know who I am talking about because this kid was a stud, but he is probably overlooked because of his prowess in another sport. But IMO he was a better hitter and had just as good hands as Danny defensively.

My guess would be Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brooks Bollinger, who was also drafted by a MLB team. He played SS for the GF Royals.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:13 pm

Nope he graduated in the late 90's. Keep guessing :D
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:00 am

i hope ur not thinking of Alvine or whatever his name was. the blonde shaggy haired kid who played SS and outfield.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:04 am

Nope that was Mike Alvestad he played at Red River. Its not him. Come on guys this kid was a stud. Maybe the best pure hitter I have seen. Hit everything hard. Not necessarily for power. Again he is a central kid.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:54 pm

What years are you talking?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

I am talking 2000-2001. I believe he was on the 1999 Grand Forks Blues team that made the state B, so he would have been 16 thus a junior in 2000 and senior in 2001.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:11 pm

I got bina on there. hes behind frenzel
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 pm

Bina, if not Rob Champagne?
b-baller

Postby OldSchool » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Oopsie my bad...didn't look at the reserves sorry it was Robbie I was looking for. Rob Champagne not a chance!!!!
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby b-baller » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:05 pm

Didn't think it was Champagne but there weren't many choices left from Central if Bina wasn't it.
b-baller

PreviousNext

Return to Class A