ALL 21st CENTURY TEAM

Postby i_see_it_all » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:30 pm

This is the team we came up with at work the other day....yea i work hard at my job! :D  we decided to go 21st centry since it was too hard to go back to the 90's and beyond.

im going to stick with the class A team since i am not as familiar with class B baseball and dont want to leave a B player out.   

agree/disagree?

Catcher- Dan Roberts( minot)  Reserves: Joel Stuglemyer (bismarck) Mike Feldman (Bismarck) ___? Peterson (fargo south catcher)  Ryan Jungling (mandan) 

1st Base- Brian Devillers (Grand Forks) Reserves: Tate Meyhoff (mandan) Zach Elgie (minot) Mike Lorz (fargo)  Tyler Liffrig (williston)

2nd Base- Tyler Frenzel (dickinson) Reserves:  Robbie Bina (grand forks) Travis Dressler (bismarck) Zach Wentz (Bismarck) Brain Sollemsaas (bismarck)

Shortstop- Danny Marto (Grand Forks)  Reserves: Mitch Kary (fargo) Andy Leer (williston) Nathan Burgard (dickinson) Scott Mikkelson (bismarck) 

3rd Base- Mike Klug (mandan)  Reserves: Andrew Gudmundson (minot) Valdie Magstadt (beulah) Reid Arnold (Fargo) Cole Frenzel (dickinson) Matt Lundeen (minot) Jeremy Flaig (Fargo)

Left Field- Jake Marto (grand Forks) Reserves:  Phil Shirek (minot) Ross Olson (fargo) Jeremy Burgard (Dickinson) Josh Lagein (Devils Lake)

Center Field- Ron Bethke (mandan) Reserves: Dan White (jamestown) Zach Bertschi (fargo) Dale Allard (minot) James Hennessey (williston) Pat Kallenback (dickinson)

Right Field- Tyler Lundy (Minot) Reserves: corey? Weidner (Beulah) Nevin Sorenson (williston) Andy Sadler (Grand Forks) Jordan Huelett (minot)

Designated Hitter- Zach Elgie (Minot) Reserves:  Cole Frenzel (Dickinson) Nate Pederson (fargo) Tyler Jangula (williston) Ben Sherer (Bismarck)

Pitcher- Phil Shirek (minot)  Reserves: Charlie Shirek (minot) Jason Schutt (Jamestown) Reed Kittelson (Fargo) Jake Laber (Fargo) Jake Landry (Grand Forks) Corey Nelson (Minot) Jake Marto (Grand Forks) Brandon Messer (Dickinson) James Hennessey (Williston) Andrew Gudmundson (Minot) Tyler Lundy (minot) Dan White (jamestown)

LINEUP

1. Jake Marto (L)

2. Danny Marto (R)/Tyler Frenzel (R)

3. Ron Bethke (L)

4. Mike Klug (R)

5. Tyler Lundy (R)

6.  Brian Devillers (L)

7. Zach Elgie (R)

8. Dan Roberts (R)

9. Danny Marto (R) /Tyler Frenzel (R)

I tried for a mix of speed, power and hitting and these are the starters and lineup i like.
Last edited by i_see_it_all on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:16 am

"All 21st Century Team", what a great name for a team that only encompasses 7 or 8 seasons.  Your day job must be in advertising or marketing!  

Nice job on the list.
Last edited by Willy on Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:19 am

would you rather it be called, "new millennuim team"?  and yes i work in advertising and marketing, good guess.  this is what happens when you sit around half the day and have idiots talking about baseball all the time.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:59 am

No, your name is perfect.  Think how good that would sound on a resume!
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Not a Tom Ebert fan?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby minotfan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:42 am

The ony thing i see wrong with the list is that jordan huettle would not make it at right field. He is a 3rd basemen and is extremely slow. I would maybe replace him with Luke Teagle from Minot he was a great hitter i know i dont remember how great he was in the field.  Also you have already named a bunch of great pitchers but Kyle Carr, Tom Ebert, and Casey Deutsh are some more good ones. And Shane Gathman almost ended his high school season with a 0 ERA.
Last edited by minotfan on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baseballfan35 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:00 am

Most definitely, Casey Deutsch and Rob Bird Horse were pretty good.  Jordan Huettl though?  He is alright but nothing special.  His fielding is sloppy and he seems like hes all or nothing at the plate. 
Baseballfan35

Postby Willy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:13 am

Gathman had a good run during the HS season, but do his career accomplishments match the other pitchers on the list?  Probably too early to tell since he is still playing. 

Ebert should probably be on the list, but quitting his team during the seaon doesn't earn you a lot or respect for deals like this.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby statechamp07 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:03 am

how long was gathman's streak wasnt it like 35 innings but didnt someone else have a longer streak this year just wondering who that was
statechamp07

Postby shs01240 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=3175]statechamp07[/user] wrote:
how long was gathman's streak wasnt it like 35 innings but didnt someone else have a longer streak this year just wondering who that was
</span>

Lets all keep in mind that streak was during the first season of wood bats.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:28 am

Gathman ended the season with a 0.72 ERA, teamate Sunhiem's was actually lower at 0.67, and Martinson's was very close at 0.86.  All pitched for Minot.   Gathman was very good, but just average among top HS pitchers.  There were a lot of impressive pitching accomplishments accross the state in the first wood bat season. 
Last edited by Willy on Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:53 am

Jon Hausauer from BHS ended his junior season with 44 innings pitched 1 earned run and a 0.16 ERA
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:46 pm

shs01240 wrote:Not a Tom Ebert fan?

yes he should definitely be in there. very good pitcher....i'm sure theres a few more who were forgotten and left out as well.

i just didnt think gathman was anything special and doesnt compare to say a tom ebert. (who i forgot about:?)

and hausauer tops out at 76 with a babe ruth curveball.  that right there shows you that it doesnt take much to be effective with wood bats, how has he been doing this summer?

sauce, didnt hausauer get touched up at the WDA tourney? i thought i remember seeing that.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:52 pm

i dont think he did all i really know is he gave up 4 runs all season and only 1 was earned

for legion i havent really talked to him a lot i think he got a W aginst minot maybe dicky and i am pretty sure willy but i dont know

and its not his curveball that will screw you its his ability to locate his fastball and change up that will severly keep you off balance
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dynasty2 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:57 am

sauce, quit talking about yourself. you are not good.....
dynasty2

Postby Baller » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:29 am

he isn't talking about himself....Drew and Jon are two different people..
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:56 am

thank you i have already seen what happens when dumb people come here and talk about themselves
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ..... » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Saucesauer wrote:i dont think he did all i really know is he gave up 4 runs all season and only 1 was earned

for legion i havent really talked to him a lot i think he got a W aginst minot maybe dicky and i am pretty sure willy but i dont know

and its not his curveball that will screw you its his ability to locate his fastball and change up that will severly keep you off balance

during the williston game at WDA..he gave up 7 and at least 6 of them were earned
NDPreps Rookie

Postby statechamp07 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:58 pm

yes he beat jamestown the first round and then got shelled against williston he was pitching on 1 days rest
statechamp07

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:46 pm

yea thats what i thought too
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:56 pm

..... wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:i dont think he did all i really know is he gave up 4 runs all season and only 1 was earned

during the williston game at WDA..he gave up 7 and at least 6 of them were earned
ohh my bad BHS's web page must not be updated than
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dodgerfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:29 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:This is the team we came up with at work the other day....yea i work hard at my job! :D  we decided to go 21st centry since it was too hard to go back to the 90's and beyond.

im going to stick with the class A team since i am not as familiar with class B baseball and dont want to leave a B player out.   

agree/disagree?

Catcher- Dan Roberts( minot)  Reserves: Joel Stuglemyer (bismarck) Mike Feldman (Bismarck) ___? Peterson (fargo south catcher)  Ryan Jungling (mandan) 

1st Base- Brian Devillers (Grand Forks) Reserves: Tate Meyhoff (mandan) Zach Elgie (minot) Mike Lorz (fargo)  Tyler Liffrig (williston)

2nd Base- Tyler Frenzel (dickinson) Reserves:  Robbie Bina (grand forks) Travis Dressler (bismarck) Zach Wentz (Bismarck) Brain Sollemsaas (bismarck)

Shortstop- Danny Marto (Grand Forks)  Reserves: Mitch Kary (fargo) Andy Leer (williston) Nathan Burgard (dickinson) Scott Mikkelson (bismarck) 

3rd Base- Mike Klug (mandan)  Reserves: Andrew Gudmundson (minot) Valdie Magstadt (beulah) Reid Arnold (Fargo) Cole Frenzel (dickinson) Matt Lundeen (minot) Jeremy Flaig (Fargo)

Left Field- Jake Marto (grand Forks) Reserves:  Phil Shirek (minot) Ross Olson (fargo) Jeremy Burgard (Dickinson) Josh Lagein (Devils Lake)

Center Field- Ron Bethke (mandan) Reserves: Dan White (jamestown) Zach Bertschi (fargo) Dale Allard (minot) James Hennessey (williston) Pat Kallenback (dickinson)

Right Field- Tyler Lundy (Minot) Reserves: corey? Weidner (Beulah) Nevin Sorenson (williston) Andy Sadler (Grand Forks) Jordan Huelett (minot)

Designated Hitter- Zach Elgie (Minot) Reserves:  Cole Frenzel (Dickinson) Nate Pederson (fargo) Tyler Jangula (williston) Ben Sherer (Bismarck)

Pitcher- Phil Shirek (minot)  Reserves: Charlie Shirek (minot) Jason Schutt (Jamestown) Reed Kittelson (Fargo) Jake Laber (Fargo) Jake Landry (Grand Forks) Corey Nelson (Minot) Jake Marto (Grand Forks) Brandon Messer (Dickinson) James Hennessey (Williston) Andrew Gudmundson (Minot) Tyler Lundy (minot) Dan White (jamestown)

LINEUP

1. Jake Marto (L)

2. Danny Marto (R)/Tyler Frenzel (R)

3. Ron Bethke (L)

4. Mike Klug (R)

5. Tyler Lundy (R)

6.  Brian Devillers (L)

7. Zach Elgie (R)

8. Dan Roberts (R)

9. Danny Marto (R) /Tyler Frenzel (R)

I tried for a mix of speed, power and hitting and these are the starters and lineup i like.

how often have most of those reserves played those positions?
Last edited by dodgerfan on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dodgerfan

Postby minotfan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:32 am

I would put Elgie behind the plate. He is a great catcher. He makes it tough to steal on him because he has such a strong arm. With his hitting ability he needs to be in the line up and I also feel that he is a better catcher than Dan Roberts was.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:43 pm

Willy wrote:Gathman ended the season with a 0.72 ERA, teamate Sunhiem's was actually lower at 0.67, and Martinson's was very close at 0.86.  All pitched for Minot.   Gathman was very good, but just average among top HS pitchers.  There were a lot of impressive pitching accomplishments accross the state in the first wood bat season. 

Gathman would have ended his season with a lower ERA if he had not pitched in back to back days during the state tourney.
ndfootball

Postby shs01240 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:08 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=993]ndfootball[/user] wrote:
Willy wrote:Gathman ended the season with a 0.72 ERA, teamate Sunhiem's was actually lower at 0.67, and Martinson's was very close at 0.86.  All pitched for Minot.   Gathman was very good, but just average among top HS pitchers.  There were a lot of impressive pitching accomplishments accross the state in the first wood bat season. 

Gathman would have ended his season with a lower ERA if he had not pitched in back to back days during the state tourney.
</span>

Either way, he doesn't belong on this list.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class A