Top players at each position

Postby Orr4 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:01 pm

Whose the top player at each position and why?
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:49 pm

P - It's hard to pick a best pitcher when no one pitcher really dominates games for example like Tyler Lundy did last year
C - Zac Elgie - if he is catching, he will throw anyone out
1B - Tyler Liffrig - amazing at the plate
2B - Teddy Anderson - most underated player in my opinion
3B - Who plays 3rd that's worth mentioning?????
SS - Andy Leer - so smooth at his position, Ryne Hornecker is close behind
OF - Kory Houston - amazing speed, Cody Erhardt - also has good speed, Shane Gathman maybe? - I'm not sure who else is a standout in the outfield
DH - Ryan Bollinger, Zach Wentz, Cole Frenzel
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:19 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:P - It's hard to pick a best pitcher when no one pitcher really dominates games for example like Tyler Lundy did last year
OF - Kory Houston - amazing speed, Cody Erhardt - also has good speed, Shane Gathman maybe? - I'm not sure who else is a standout in the outfield

Jeremy Campbell of Bismarck, he's their CF, great speed as well

P- Wentz
C- Bohan
1B- Liffrig gotta mention Elgie as well
2B- Teddy Anderson
3B- Huettl or maybe Quast
SS- Leer with Lagein not far behind
OF- Houston, Erhardt, and Campbell
DH- Bollinger/Frenzel
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:17 pm

Ming01 wrote:
NODAKsportsFAN wrote:P - It's hard to pick a best pitcher when no one pitcher really dominates games for example like Tyler Lundy did last year

P- Wentz
C- Bohan
2B- Teddy Anderson
DH- Bollinger/Frenzel

Ahh...yes i forgot Bohan was able to come back and play. And Wentz is good I just wasn't sure how he's done this year. As for Quast and Huettl I think I'd give the edge to Quast because Huettl I believe has been struggling lately. I'm not sure I've ever seen Campbell play though - What grade in school is he going to be?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:24 pm

Ming01 wrote:[user=769]NODAKsportsFAN[/user] wrote:
P - It's hard to pick a best pitcher when no one pitcher really dominates games for example like Tyler Lundy did last year

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"If you had to put a lineup on the field heres the best.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"P.- 1.Kyle schroeder 2. wentz 3. gathman

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"C.- elgie. solid back there, hits the sweet out of it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"1b.- liffrig- dude can swing it, not bad in field either.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"2b. hornacker- smooth, not as good as he's talked up to be...swings it ok.  prototypical 2b.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"3b- Frenzel, top 3 players in the state. gotta put him somewhere with leer at short. wouldnt hesitate to put wentz here either.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"SS- leer  best at his position, hits well.  wouldn't hesitate to put frenzel there either.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"OF- Lagein, kid can play, hits well.   Houston. fast, not that great of a hitter but does the little things.  and id go with campbell just because i dont think erhardt is anything special and nobody else i feel like mentioning.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"DH- Bollinger or teddy anderson

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"batting order.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"1. lagein

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"2.leer (would mind houston here either)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"3.frenzel

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"4. liffrig

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"5. elgie

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"6.wentz/bollinger/anderson

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"7. houston

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"8.campbell

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"9. hornacker

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8" 

i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:26 pm

not sure why my above post was like that??:?
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:29 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

P- Wentz
C- Bohan
2B- Teddy Anderson
DH- Bollinger/Frenzel

Ahh...yes i forgot Bohan was able to come back and play. And Wentz is good I just wasn't sure how he's done this year. As for Quast and Huettl I think I'd give the edge to Quast because Huettl I believe has been struggling lately. I'm not sure I've ever seen Campbell play though - What grade in school is he going to be?

Campbell played at U-Mary this past season. sophomore to be I believe
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jefferson Clark » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:05 am

i have watched a few of the roughriders games and i know this kid isnt liked by most but just looking at his play behind the plate does anyone think alex koppinger is a decent catcher? take away all his talking and what not
Jefferson Clark

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:36 am

Jefferson Clark wrote:i have watched a few of the roughriders games and i know this kid isnt liked by most but just looking at his play behind the plate does anyone think alex koppinger is a decent catcher? take away all his talking and what not

not bad a blocking i have played about 15 games aginst him and i have never been impressed with his arm he is usually relativly easy to advance a base on i think he has thrown me out 1 in about 10-15 times but he may be beatin up or start an all out brawl in the future because of his mouth

Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kel20Nd » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:09 pm

When we played dickinson Koppinger got dropped off by a cop it was BA.. haha
kel20Nd

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:36 pm

Oh OK I know who Jeremy Campbell is now. He used to play ball in Bottineau though. How is it he can play for Bismarck though? I thought there was a rule about not being able to play for the team from the town you go to college in if it wasn't where you grew up? If that doesn't make sence I mean...Since Jeremy is from Bottineau, after going to college he would have to go back to Bottineau and he would not be able to play for any other legion team. Obviously there isn't a rule preventing it if he is playing for Bismarck, but is there a rule similar to it?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby highheat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:11 pm

straight off of the bismarck legion baseball website:

[font=arial][font=arial][font=arial][font=Arial] Off The Field: Just[/font] [font=Arial]completed[/font] [font=Arial]freshman year at the[/font] [font=Arial]University of Mary.....2006 graduate of Bottineau High School.....[/font][font=Arial]became eligible to play for the Governors when his family established a residence in Bismarck.....mother Lori also lives in Bismarck.....[/font][font=Arial]son of Jeff and Lori Campbell.....

[font=verdana]by establishing residence in bismarck he becomes eligible to play legion baseball there. or he couldve asked for a release from the program in bottineau and then played for bismarck.[/font]
[/font][/font]
[/font][/font]
highheat

Postby dodgerfan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Ming01 wrote:
NODAKsportsFAN wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

P- Wentz
C- Bohan
2B- Teddy Anderson
DH- Bollinger/Frenzel

Campbell played at U-Mary this past season. sophomore to be I believe

Lagein doesn't play short anymore, he plays outfield
dodgerfan

Postby King23 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:12 am

P-Zac Wentz

C-Elgie

1B-Liffrig

2B-Anderson

SS-Leer

3B-Huettl

OF-Houston, Erhart, Schroader

DH-Frenzel, Bollinger, Herauf
King James 23...you better reconize
King23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sioux04 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:16 am

Actually, I disagree.  I think that Towery is a better catcher than Elgie.  Don't get me wrong...Zac is great at every position that he plays, but I believe that Towery is better at the catching position.  Towery is a much more consistant catcher, he has a quicker pop from home to second, and he has alot less pass balls.  Not to mention, he actually likes catching whereas Zac doesn't like catching at all. 
sioux04

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:32 am

Towery is a better blocker than Elgie, but that doesn't take much, Elgie just simply doesn't block. However, to say that Towery has a better pop time than Elgie is crazy IMO. I've seen Elgie throw out runners at second who are taking too big of leads countless numbers of times.
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby sioux04 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:44 pm

At the Mandan scout/college recruiting camp thing a couple of weekends ago Towery consistantly had the fastest and best pop out of all of the catchers there.
sioux04

Postby 09magifan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:30 pm

I believe that elgie had already thrown a bunch at the camp, and had pitched a two days before that camp.  Towery is a better blocker, but i would place the better arm on elgie!
09magifan
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Class A