most feared hitter/pitcher in the state?

Re: most feared hitter/pitcher in the state?

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 18, 2008 11:22 pm

7andpoo wrote:You cant say that this years minot team is better then last years with houston and them.

i'm not saying that, im saying everyone even the east is coming around hitting wise with the wood bats, now not seeing a pitcher all year from west team or east team and seeing one at state making it difficult to hit but with the 2nd year of wood bats i think the hitting in the state is up.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7andpoo » Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 pm

ok i get what your saying, my apologies, and i agree with the overall hitting being up, lot more home runs as well
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jefferson Clark » Mon May 19, 2008 9:45 am

kovacs only has given up 2 earned runs the other two were unearned
Jefferson Clark

Postby riders » Mon May 19, 2008 9:47 am

thanks for the correction JC. that still is his ERA however
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby straightballer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Cole Frenzel is the most feared hitter in the state along with Elgie. Frenzel is just a beast and a possible 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Oregon St. was at one of Dickinsons games this summer and in his first AB Frenzel hit the ball about a country mile and didnt see a pitch to hit the rest of the game. He walks more than any other hitter in the state. All around great hitter
straightballer

Postby riders » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:03 pm

ill throw ben herauf in the mix here..he had 5 HR in as many games in the state tourney, 2 coming off bismarck. he hits the ball very well and should get a little hype from the fans, coaches, and players for doing so well. he was clutch in the state title hitting the HR in the 3rd(?) to tie the game.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:54 pm

highheat wrote:
TheSwartz wrote:Michael Kraft will be in the top 5 for pitchers in the state this year. He doesn't have Andy Sadler behind the plate this year but he will be one to watch for.

there are quite a few good pitchers this year. i wouldnt put him in the top 5 in the state. maybe top 5 in the east. speaking of sadler being gone, who is behind the plate for red river this year?

Good hitter, but if I had my choice I'd rather pitch to him than Frenzel any day of the week.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class A