most feared hitter/pitcher in the state?

Re: most feared hitter/pitcher in the state?

Postby unocinco » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:23 pm

hitter- Burdick

Pitcher-maybe mertens
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HeHateMe » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:12 pm

unocinco wrote:hitter- Burdick

Pitcher-maybe mertens

Come on now... Being of DL and hearing this... yes Burdick is a good hitter, made the EDC team last year, but i believe the topic is most FEARED and Burdog is not one... and Highheat is right in saying that Mertans isnt the best pitcher on the team even... it seems that everyone of the pitchers for DL is around the same... no one will overwhelm you with speed nor will they make ya buckle with an off speed pitch, but with an improving D behind them and increasing confidence, they'll win games... I dont think anyone from DL can be brought up in the MOST FEARED category, I do believe however that they, as a team, will be in the mix in the east... with the loss of only one senior last year, and that senior wasn't all too good, I believe the sky's the limit for the team at this point.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby WhiteSnake » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 pm

If you gotta guy that can throw 80+, frenzel is not that hard of an out. and most of the top half of dickinsons line up freeze on a good curveball. but good luck findin one haha
You're either first, or you're last
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 am

WhiteSnake wrote:If you gotta guy that can throw 80+, frenzel is not that hard of an out. and most of the top half of dickinsons line up freeze on a good curveball. but good luck findin one haha

considering that laylock throws 80+ with one of the nastiest curveballs ive seen i think frenzel can probably hit pretty well. look at his stats and how he hits compared to the rest of the state and i think that elgie is about the only one that is as good or better.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Wentz, 12-19 .632 ba, .947 slg, .696 obp
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby soykevinendall » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:01 pm

highheat wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:Wentz, 12-19 .632 ba, .947 slg, .696 obp

not a bad line. what about the rest of the team?

hitting:
http://www.chs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athle ... %20hit.htm

pitching:
http://www.chs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athle ... 0pitch.htm
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheSwartz » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Michael Kraft will be in the top 5 for pitchers in the state this year. He doesn't have Andy Sadler behind the plate this year but he will be one to watch for.
TheSwartz

Postby Orr4 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Sorenson is a very good pitcher for williston
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soykevinendall » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:13 pm

wentz threw a 2 hit shutout versus minot last friday.
he struck out elgie twice and made him look extremely foolish on a deuce once.
in his third at bat it was 1-2 and wentz hit him

wentz is dominant.
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baseballfan35 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Wentz, imo, is the best pure hitter in the state. Elgie hits for power better but Wentz can go to all fields and hits it hard nearly every time he steps into the box.
Baseballfan35

Postby riders » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:59 pm

ok...about like how kringstad "is the best pure shooter in the state"
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soykevinendall » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:14 pm

riders wrote:ok...about like how kringstad "is the best pure shooter in the state"

nope ridgeley kraft is.
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:27 pm

i said he can dunk, not shoot. but if you really want to play that game, i do believe that the midgets had 3 or 4 of the best shooters in the state. wentz is a good player but alot of players can put the ball in any field. stephen laylock is very good at doing it. its all timing and being able to go with the pitch. if youre late its oppo, early its pull..in hs baseball you cant really say who is the best "pure hitter". wentz, elgie, frenzel, and numerous others have been listed and nobody here on this site can really determine who is the best hitter because we all have an opinion and it is always somewhat biased.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsports9 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:47 pm

i think the question is who is the 2nd best hitter in the state. im not from minot and i do not like them at all but i do have to say that no hitter in the state even compares to elgie. frenzel is a great hitter to but he is no elgie. come next year he might be but not yet. no matter where u pitch elgie he hits it out, the only way to not let him hit is to walk him.
ndsports9

Postby fnhfan » Sat May 17, 2008 11:25 am

Bryant Larson from North can be dominant. He no hit a tough South line up full of seniors. Excellent stats this year, can be a little wild at times but a definite college pitcher!
fnhfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ttime262 » Sat May 17, 2008 11:27 pm

Max Rusch from South is one of the best pitchers in the state. He threw a no-hitter against Bemidji. The only baserunner got on in the bottom of the sixth on a walk. 17 strikeouts
ttime262

Postby baseball18 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:37 pm

ttime262 wrote:Max Rusch from South is one of the best pitchers in the state. He threw a no-hitter against Bemidji. The only baserunner got on in the bottom of the sixth on a walk. 17 strikeouts

Where is Rusch going to college? Is NDSU looking at him at all?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:35 pm

I believe NDSU talked to him but he wasnt interested and will be pitching at Jamestown next season
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Sun May 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Grant Kovacs as one of this year's best pitchers. only 4 earned runs equivalating to an ERA of abour .471
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 18, 2008 10:15 pm

ttime262 wrote:Max Rusch from South is one of the best pitchers in the state. He threw a no-hitter against Bemidji. The only baserunner got on in the bottom of the sixth on a walk. 17 strikeouts

well just have to see how well he does when the state tournament roles around
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7andpoo » Sun May 18, 2008 10:58 pm

brownbomber wrote:

Ya since a 1 hitter against minot last year was garbage, seriously though 4 teams (North: Larson Shutz South: Rusch Kingsley Shanley: Jagim and Red River:Kraft) from the east have absolutley great pitchers and although not the overall hitting as the west, all have good shots of winning first round at state against the all mighty west, of course this is assuming these teams make it.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 18, 2008 11:03 pm

7andpoo wrote:
brownbomber wrote:

Ya since a 1 hitter against minot last year was garbage, seriously though 4 teams (North: Larson Shutz South: Rusch Kingsley Shanley: Jagim and Red River:Kraft) from the east have absolutley great pitchers and although not the overall hitting as the west, all have good shots of winning first round at state against the all mighty west, of course this is assuming these teams make it.

werent these kids playing high school baseball last year?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7andpoo » Sun May 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Red River didnt go to state, neither did Shanley cause of the teams pitching depth, north won their game last year, and south lost to minot 1-0 giving up one hit
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 18, 2008 11:12 pm

7andpoo wrote:Red River didnt go to state, neither did Shanley cause of the teams pitching depth, north won their game last year, and south lost to minot 1-0 giving up one hit

i think it would be highly doubtful that any east team gives up only one hit to a west team this year
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby 7andpoo » Sun May 18, 2008 11:17 pm

You cant say that this years minot team is better then last years with houston and them. now im not saying the east is gonna dominate, that just wouldnt be realistic, but to say that east not go 2-2 or even 3-1 is not farfetched, but heck the west might go 4-0 and ill look like an idiot haha
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Class A