2008 baseball

Re: 2008 baseball

Postby baseball18 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Well since we cant talk about predictions for seasons that havent started yet then I guess Army could may as well be one of the best college football teams next year.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball30 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:25 pm

well we all know minot is going to be not very good again so i wudnt bother mentioning them..my pick is st.marys for your 2008 state champions

*Edited by moderator*
baseball30

Postby brownbomber » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:09 am

minot will be good this year, top 3 in the wda, most of the teams in the wda look to be strong this year
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:05 am

Number7 wrote:
sports4lif3 wrote:looking for Red River, South, Shanley, and North ( just beacuse they always seem to make it to state ) to come out of the east - not seeing to much upset potential either due to lack of depth on staffs

- RR could have a different ending though if those players go to hockey

I would say Shanley and North have a lack of depth on their staffs, especially when it comes to quality, experienced arms. North has Larson who is a legit ace, but can be wild. who else do you see throwing well for them? Shanley has Jagim as the ace and Frappier has pitched at the varsity level. Swanson over-pitched Jagim and Sand so much last year they were shot by EDC. Who do you see as their other pitchers?

OH PLEASE
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:52 pm

shs01240 wrote:
Number7 wrote:
sports4lif3 wrote:looking for Red River, South, Shanley, and North ( just beacuse they always seem to make it to state ) to come out of the east - not seeing to much upset potential either due to lack of depth on staffs

- RR could have a different ending though if those players go to hockey

I would say Shanley and North have a lack of depth on their staffs, especially when it comes to quality, experienced arms. North has Larson who is a legit ace, but can be wild. who else do you see throwing well for them? Shanley has Jagim as the ace and Frappier has pitched at the varsity level. Swanson over-pitched Jagim and Sand so much last year they were shot by EDC. Who do you see as their other pitchers?

OH PLEASE

Looks like we know who this poster is!!! :D
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:36 pm

i think the east will have 2 really good teams with south and red river. and 3 decent teams in north shanley and central. the other teams seem to lack pitching. wf only has one good pitcher, ferguson and i believe thats why they are going to struggle this year. unless wf has unbelievable hitting this year, i dont see them having a good year.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby JR » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:31 pm

I believe that South will be at the top because there pitching is just so much better than the rest of the teams, any time you have a one two punch with rusch and kingsley that is just very good. Then following them will be a large group of teams with Red River North and West Fargo...

GFRR99 i will say that yes ferguson is very good pitcher... but can get very wild at times but if he is on he is lights out... they will also have steckler who was very good with the wood bats last spring and have to me their best pitcher because he just has nasty stuff in Schroeder... so if they can find anotehr catcher to fill schroeders void when pitching i believe they have 3 pretty solid options as well
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:34 am

JR wrote:I believe that South will be at the top because there pitching is just so much better than the rest of the teams, any time you have a one two punch with rusch and kingsley that is just very good. Then following them will be a large group of teams with Red River North and West Fargo...

GFRR99 i will say that yes ferguson is very good pitcher... but can get very wild at times but if he is on he is lights out... they will also have steckler who was very good with the wood bats last spring and have to me their best pitcher because he just has nasty stuff in Schroeder... so if they can find anotehr catcher to fill schroeders void when pitching i believe they have 3 pretty solid options as well

i forgot about schroder sp? but he can pitch well. i dont think steckler is that good. seems to get lit up often and his pitches seem weak. yea ferguson can get out of control sometimes
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:20 pm

baseball30 wrote:well we all know minot is going to be not very good again so i wudnt bother mentioning them..my pick is st.marys for your 2008 state champions

*Edited by moderator*

there is no way st. marys will even make it to state im sorry, they lost loomis and erhardt, and not much talent returning
jkaiz

Postby baseball18 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:14 am

jkaiz wrote:
baseball30 wrote:well we all know minot is going to be not very good again so i wudnt bother mentioning them..my pick is st.marys for your 2008 state champions

*Edited by moderator*

there is no way st. marys will even make it to state im sorry, they lost loomis and erhardt, and not much talent returning

I agree, their OF was good last year and I believe all of their OF"s were seniors last year, so nobody back there. Loomis and Zach Klabo were their top 2 pitchers, both are gone, Eichele is all they have there. Infield they lost Loomis and Seifert. Only ppl I can think off the top of my head for them that can do anything are Eichele, Matt Chuppe, and Jon Herold. They lost some decent seniors, esp. Loomis and Erhardt so things arent looking good for them.

Favorites to make state in WDA:
Dickinson, Minot, BIsmarck, Williston
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Willy » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:51 am

Does anyone else think the level of talent will be down in ND high school ball compared to last year, both east and west?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball30 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:42 am

baseball18 wrote:
jkaiz wrote:

*Edited by moderator*

I agree, their OF was good last year and I believe all of their OF"s were seniors last year, so nobody back there. Loomis and Zach Klabo were their top 2 pitchers, both are gone, Eichele is all they have there. Infield they lost Loomis and Seifert. Only ppl I can think off the top of my head for them that can do anything are Eichele, Matt Chuppe, and Jon Herold. They lost some decent seniors, esp. Loomis and Erhardt so things arent looking good for them.

Favorites to make state in WDA:
Dickinson, Minot, BIsmarck, Williston

Ok everyone hold your horses, my post was a joke..we all know minot is good every year so that was obviously a joke, and st. mary will not be good w.o loomis so that was also a joke..
baseball30

Postby allstar23 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:36 am

i dont think it really matters because BHS is going to take state this year
allstar23

Postby ND Z Scout » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:48 pm

I highly doubt Bismarck High will be taking state this year, they didn't even MAKE IT to state last year. I don't know who they're losing thats really any good but my guess at state champs would be South, Minot, Red River, or maybe even Dickinson.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball30 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:17 pm

allstar23 wrote:i dont think it really matters because BHS is going to take state this year

haha
baseball30

Postby i_see_it_all » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:12 am

it will be minot or dickinson. the east is so down its not even funny. did anyone watch the state tournament last year? not much change this year.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:58 pm

I agree, the east is going to be pretty sad this year. West talent is probably down also but not as bad as the east IMO.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyn » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Grand forks will be pretty weak this year i think
flyn

Postby 7andpoo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Edc regular season

1. South (Pitching is too deep where they will have a solid starter every game)

2. North (With larson and shutz they should win a lot of games)

3. Red River (Even if they lose meland ladoucer and galbreath, they will still have solid pitching led by kraft.)

4. Shanley (Jagim is getting better with every start, and with Fritz back, i see them here.

Of course this is just the ruglar season and when tourney time comes, anything can obviously happen. See Central last year.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:21 pm

WDA

1. Dickinson
2. Minot
3. Bismarck
4. Williston
5. Century
6. St. Mary's
7. Jamestown