2007 Legion Season

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 pm

highheat wrote:not looking like he'll be back in time. his team in canada is most likely going to win their first round series and play into the week of state. it would probably be a step or two back for him if he did come back to play for minot.

http://www.wmbl.ca/

thats the league site that he is playing in.

ive played in that canadian league...trust me it wouldnt be that big of a step back, lol.

that league is nothing special. dont get me wrong, some studs are in there, but majority of the players arnt anything to write home about.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:46 pm

whateverittakes wrote:wda parings are

4  Williston vs 5 Devils Lake winner of that plays Bismarck

3 Minot vs  6 Mandan winner of that plays Dickinson

edc parings are

4 West Fargo vs  5 Wahpeton winner of that plays Grand Forks

3 Jamestown vs 6 Valley City winner of that plays Fargo

What does everyone think will be the outcomes of the two tournaments?

I feel that the top 1, 2, 3, and 4 seeds for both the EDC and WDA tournaments will advance to state. I just don't think Devils Lake, Mandan, Valley City, or Wahpeton have what it takes to get to State. In the West I think it will be Bismarck and Minot in the championship playing a very close game. I see Minot winning it because of pitching. Bismarck has a good staff but I like Minot's better. As for the East I don't know anything about the teams except that Valley City is....well, Valley City. And from what I've heard Wahpeton is down there as well.

What does everyone else think?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby shs01240 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:42 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=769]NODAKsportsFAN[/user] wrote:
whateverittakes wrote:wda parings are

4  Williston vs 5 Devils Lake winner of that plays Bismarck

3 Minot vs  6 Mandan winner of that plays Dickinson

edc parings are

4 West Fargo vs  5 Wahpeton winner of that plays Grand Forks

3 Jamestown vs 6 Valley City winner of that plays Fargo

What does everyone think will be the outcomes of the two tournaments?

I feel that the top 1, 2, 3, and 4 seeds for both the EDC and WDA tournaments will advance to state. I just don't think Devils Lake, Mandan, Valley City, or Wahpeton have what it takes to get to State. In the West I think it will be Bismarck and Minot in the championship playing a very close game. I see Minot winning it because of pitching. Bismarck has a good staff but I like Minot's better. As for the East I don't know anything about the teams except that Valley City is....well, Valley City. And from what I've heard Wahpeton is down there as well.

What does everyone else think?
</span>

Actually Wahpeton's not as bad as they traditionally are. I could easily see them stealing a game from WF.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:57 am

i_see_it_all wrote:ive played in that canadian league...trust me it wouldnt be that big of a step back, lol.

that league is nothing special. dont get me wrong, some studs are in there, but majority of the players arnt anything to write home about.

Lundy is only batting .225 in that Canadian League.  The pitching must be good.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:45 am

Willy wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:ive played in that canadian league...trust me it wouldnt be that big of a step back, lol.

Lundy is only batting .225 in that Canadian League.  The pitching must be good.

it is a wood bat league so he may not have made the transition from aluminum to wood as well as we would expect him to, but also there are some D1 pitchers in the league.
highheat

Postby Ming01 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:44 am

I got Bismarck Minot Dickinson and Williston going for the west with Bismarck beating Minot.  I'll take good pitching over good hitting anyday.  Both Bismarck's and Minot's pitching staffs are great but I think Bismarck has a slight edge there
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby shs01240 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:08 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=93]Ming01[/user] wrote:
I got Bismarck Minot Dickinson and Williston going for the west with Bismarck beating Minot.  I'll take good pitching over good hitting anyday.  Both Bismarck's and Minot's pitching staffs are great but I think Bismarck has a slight edge there
</span>

Where does bismarcks hitting rank in the west?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby statechamp07 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:24 pm

hitting in the west i'd say its dickinson, bismarck, williston, and than minot but on any given day anyone of these teams could put up double digit runs easy
statechamp07

Postby 7andpoo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:00 pm

How's Liffrig and Leer doing for Williston, same production as last year?
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Minot and Williston will play for 1-2 seedings in the west and Grand forks and Fargo will do the same in the east.  

Anyone know who will be playing for 3rd and 4th on Saturday in both tourneys?  I'd be real surprised if West Fargo, Jamestown, Bismarck and Dicky don't advance.
Last edited by Willy on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:45 am

Willy wrote:Minot and Williston will play for 1-2 seedings in the west and Grand forks and Fargo will do the same in the east.  

Anyone know who will be playing for 3rd and 4th on Saturday in both tourneys?  I'd be real surprised if West Fargo, Jamestown, Bismarck and Dicky don't advance.

Jamestown and West Fargo play today at 5 for the 3rd - 4th seed.
nd-ball41

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:15 pm

dickinson beat devils lake and bismarck beat mandan in the loser out.....bismarck then beat dickinson for 3rd place, so dickinson is the 4th seed.

not srue about the east
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd-ball41 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:24 pm

Jamestown beat West Fargo 2-1 in 14 innings for the 3 seed.
nd-ball41

Postby Number7 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:28 pm

Grand Forks up 8-1 over Fargo in I believe the 5th
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:46 am

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=17]Fargo falls in final
By Chris Lempesis
The Forum - 08/05/2007
The Grand Forks American Legion baseball team had John Greicar. Fargo Post 2 did not.
That was, in so many words, the difference on a misty Saturday night in West Fargo.
Greicar’s dominating plate performance powered Grand Forks to an 11-1 win in the championship game of the North Dakota Eastern Division Tournament at Veterans Memorial Field. The game was stopped after seven innings due to the 10-run rule.
The third baseman was 3-for-4 with six RBIs and a run scored in the contest.
“He’s been our top hitter all year,â€Â
b-baller

Previous

Return to Class A