Postby Willy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:35 am

East                                     West

1. Fargo                            1.  Minot

2. GF                                 2.  Willy

3. Jamestown                   3.  Dickinson

4. West Fargo                  4.  Bismarck

5. Wahpeton                    5.  Mandan

6. Valley City                    6.  DL

Looks like Grand Forks will be the only team to challenge Fargo in the East.  Give Fargo an edge because they have more pitching depth when the schedule gets crowded. Head to head GF should be able to compete well with Fargo.

In the west Minot has to be favored, but Dickinson, Willy and Bismarck could all challenge. 

What is the latest on Lundy, is he on the roster?  Are Lehr and Liffrig both returning for Willy?  If so, Williston will give Minot the biggest challenge.

Last edited by Willy on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baseballfan35 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:16 am

1. Minot
2. Williston
3. Dickinson
4. Bismarck
5. Mandan
6. Devils Lake
Baseballfan35

Postby highheat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:28 am

i heard lundy is playing in canada for two months and then is coming back to minot for the end of the season.
highheat

Postby Willy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:33 am

can anyone from Minot confirm that?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:41 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=627]Willy[/user] wrote:
can anyone from Minot confirm that?
</span>

I think anyone who would know that is a little busy right now:D
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:45 am

Williston will be the top team in the state, well atleast till Lundy comes back (if he does).  With Leer, Liffrig, and Maristuen all back they will be tough to stop.  I am not sure who else they have back though.  Minot will be good as well.  Bismarck lost a lot but they will still have some good pitching with Wentz, Loomis, and Hausauer, plus a new kid from U-Mary.  Fargo and Grand forks will be up there as usual.

West:
1. Williston
2. Minot
3. Bismarck
4. Dickinson
5. Mandan
6. Devils lake
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby highheat » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 pm

west-
1. williston
2. minot
3. dickinson
4. bismarck
5. mandan
6. devils lake

east-
1. fargo
2. grand forks
3/4. west fargo or jamestown
5. wahpeton
6. valley city

state-
1. williston
2. minot
3. fargo
4. dickinson
5. grand forks or bismarck
highheat

Postby UND#1 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:47 pm

I feel sorry for the rest of the state if Lundy comes back to play for Minot.  He could go play for Mandan and make them a contender. 
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:38 pm

I think West Fargo will be able to compete pretty well in the east with the returns of Salquest, Gregory, and Kulesa. Lineup should look like this

C- Crist
1B-Schmidt
2B-Gregory
SS-Kulesa
3B-Odegard
LF-Horsager
CF-Salquest
RF-Rheault

Greshik is also able to pitch here pretty soon so there is another good pitcher.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby ahhhh » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:44 pm

Lundy is going to start the season with Minot.
ahhhh

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Williston will be good with Leer and Liffrig returning. I question their pitching depth though. Yes, they'll have a good pitcher in Maristuen, but who do they have after him? Can Slagle come back and play? If he can then that's still only two...

For that reason I say the West looks like this:

1. Minot
2. Williston/Dickinson
3. Williston/Dickinson
4. Bismarck
5. Mandan
6. Devils Lake

I do think that dickinson can beat Minot, and I think Williston can beat Minot also. Minot may have lost the high school state championship to Dickinson, but I see Minot beating Dickinson more times than losing to them. I don't think Williston will be good enough to take 1st place, but I could be wrong. If a team besides Minot takes 1st then I'm predicting it to be Dickinson.

It will be a fun legion season...good luck to all teams!
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:47 pm

ahhhh wrote:Lundy is going to start the season with Minot.

Where do you get that information from?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby nd-ball41 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:32 pm

well hopefully if valley city makes it to state this year...they will win more than 1 game all season!!!

1. Fargo
2. GF
3. Jamestown
4. WF
nd-ball41

Postby sportsfan1989 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:52 pm

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:Williston will be good with Leer and Liffrig returning. I question their pitching depth though. Yes, they'll have a good pitcher in Maristuen, but who do they have after him? Can Slagle come back and play? If he can then that's still only two...

For that reason I say the West looks like this:

1. Minot
2. Williston/Dickinson
3. Williston/Dickinson
4. Bismarck
5. Mandan
6. Devils Lake

I do think that dickinson can beat Minot, and I think Williston can beat Minot also. Minot may have lost the high school state championship to Dickinson, but I see Minot beating Dickinson more times than losing to them. I don't think Williston will be good enough to take 1st place, but I could be wrong. If a team besides Minot takes 1st then I'm predicting it to be Dickinson.

It will be a fun legion season...good luck to all teams!
Slagle will be playing
sportsfan1989

Postby kel20Nd » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:29 am

Kyle Schroedor isnt playing this summer..ankle surgery  that will kill dicky
kel20Nd

Postby magichoops » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:18 am

Here is the link to the Minot roster for the 2007 season. Lundy is on the roster, but I am guessing he will miss June 12-15 to play in the NJCAA East vs. West All Star Series in Tennesse. I haven't heard if he is going to play the whole season or just the end. He has already played 60 games this year (not including Fall ball).
http://www.minotvistas.com/
magichoops

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:03 pm

kel20Nd wrote:Kyle Schroedor isnt playing this summer..ankle surgery  that will kill dicky
there are a lot of players that are not playing summer for them like 5 or 6 i heard
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:07 pm

Mauer07 wrote:
kel20Nd wrote:Kyle Schroedor isnt playing this summer..ankle surgery  that will kill dicky
there are a lot of players that are not playing summer for them like 5 or 6 i heard

any names? Also I heard they got a new coach coming in from Billings is it? I heard the coach had like 2 state championships in 5 years out at Billings or something like that.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:50 pm

Strike3? wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:

any names? Also I heard they got a new coach coming in from Billings is it? I heard the coach had like 2 state championships in 5 years out at Billings or something like that
well its not really any of the starters except Jackson Wandler and Grant Kovacs those are really the only 2 big players that i have heard and yes they got a new coach his name is cory hanson
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basebal » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:32 am

i believe that devils lake got some guys back and wont be as bad as everyone thinks they will be.  im going to go on a limb and say they will be the three team in the west
basebal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Willy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:18 am

magichoops wrote:Here is the link to the Minot roster for the 2007 season. Lundy is on the roster, but I am guessing he will miss June 12-15 to play in the NJCAA East vs. West All Star Series in Tennesse. I haven't heard if he is going to play the whole season or just the end. He has already played 60 games this year (not including Fall ball).
http://www.minotvistas.com/

SEEMS LUNDY IS NOT ON THE ROSTER ACCORDING TO THE MINOT DAILY NEWS.....

Minot Vistas return 13 from 2006 title team

By CHRIS BIERI Staff Writer

The 2007 Minot Vistas roster will look awful familiar.

That’s because 13 of the 15 players who played on the 2006 State Class A American Legion title team are back on the club this summer.

While Vistas pitcher/infielder Jordan Huettl said the familiarity will be nice, he is taking nothing for granted.

“It’s nice to have everybody back,â€Â
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:24 am

basebal wrote:i believe that devils lake got some guys back and wont be as bad as everyone thinks they will be.  im going to go on a limb and say they will be the three team in the west

that is a pretty bold statement...but we will see i guess
nd-ball41

Postby baseball11 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:55 pm

JR wrote:I think West Fargo will be able to compete pretty well in the east with the returns of Salquest, Gregory, and Kulesa. Lineup should look like this

C- Crist
1B-Schmidt
2B-Gregory
SS-Kulesa
3B-Odegard
LF-Horsager
CF-Salquest
RF-Rheault

Greshik is also able to pitch here pretty soon so there is another good pitcher.

Whats the Crist kids first name?
baseball11

Postby baseball fan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Adam
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball fan » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:39 pm

Lundy is on the roster and will join them later in the season.
baseball fan
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Class A