EDC

Postby teddybear » Sun May 27, 2007 5:23 am

Here is a brief recap and grading of the EDC Tourn

* Shanley as the host (Metro Tourn Committee).  Food was terrible as were the follow up results being turned in to the media. (Box scores were inaccurate/incomplete and the EDC all conference team was never turned in)      Final Grade D-

* Alex Kreis pitches a gem against Red River.   Final Grade A

* West Fargo coach sits back and watches Central bunt it's way to state and does nothing.  Final Grade D (although it was kind of fun watching Horsauger self distruct in left field)

* South vs. Shanley - Shanley has the lead, South has bases loaded and one out and hits a ground ball back to the pitcher.  If Ben Sand goes "HOME AND ONE"  instead of throwing to second the probobly get out of the inning w/o an damage.  Final Grade F

Against North, South puts in an untested underclassman pitcher into a game that was still in doubt.  A few batters later the game is over.  Final Grade F

* Central lays an embarrasing egg against North in the championship game.  Final Grade F 

* In 3 games North score 23 runs while only giving up 4.  Runs away with the Tounament  Final Grade A+

Just a few thoughts, anyone with anything to add?

teddybear
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shs01240 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:11 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced"><span class="texteditorenhanced"><span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2113]teddybear[/user] wrote:
Here is a brief recap and grading of the EDC Tourn

* Shanley as the host (Metro Tourn Committee).  Food was terrible as were the follow up results being turned in to the media. (Box scores were inaccurate/incomplete and the EDC all conference team was never turned in)      Final Grade D-

* Alex Kreis pitches a gem against Red River.   Final Grade A

* West Fargo coach sits back and watches Central bunt it's way to state and does nothing.  Final Grade D (although it was kind of fun watching Horsauger self distruct in left field)

* South vs. Shanley - Shanley has the lead, South has bases loaded and one out and hits a ground ball back to the pitcher.  If Ben Sand goes "HOME AND ONE"  instead of throwing to second the probobly get out of the inning w/o an damage.  Final Grade F

Against North, South puts in an untested underclassman pitcher into a game that was still in doubt.  A few batters later the game is over.  Final Grade F

* Central lays an embarrasing egg against North in the championship game.  Final Grade F 

* In 3 games North score 23 runs while only giving up 4.  Runs away with the Tounament  Final Grade A+

Just a few thoughts, anyone with anything to add?

</span>

I personally question the possibility of ever satisfying the infamous "teddybear" when it comes to food.:D
Last edited by shs01240 on Sun May 27, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Sun May 27, 2007 6:43 am

Give the tournament committee a Grade F for even playing the Championship game.

Central was embarrassed in the first inning, especially by the 5 walks and dropped fly ball in right with bases loaded and 2 outs.  After a pitching change it was a 1-0 game.   A couple of base running blunders in the 5th cost Central a run too. 

Maybe Central just wanted to preserve that 10 run lead to get off the field with 45 degrees, 35 mph wind and drizzle.  Several players slipped, its fortunate nobody got hurt.  The game should have never been played, there were huge puddles in foul territory and slick spots on the field.   North should have just got the one seed and everyone should have stayed home.
b-baller

Postby highheat » Sun May 27, 2007 7:05 am

b-baller wrote:Give the tournament committee a Grade F for even playing the Championship game.

Central was embarrassed in the first inning, especially by the 5 walks and dropped fly ball in right with bases loaded and 2 outs.  After a pitching change it was a 1-0 game.   A couple of base running blunders in the 5th cost Central a run too. 

Maybe Central just wanted to preserve that 10 run lead to get off the field with 45 degrees, 35 mph wind and drizzle.  Several players slipped, its fortunate nobody got hurt.  The game should have never been played, there were huge puddles in foul territory and slick spots on the field.   North should have just got the one seed and everyone should have stayed home.

doesnt show much love for the game if central was trying to stay 10 runs behind. i dont know about players slipping with metal cleets on, unless they did it in the dugout...or they just need to learn to walk. had they just called the game and given north the one seed all the central people would complain about not being given the opportunity to play for the edc championship, especially hear on preps.
highheat

Postby brownbomber » Sun May 27, 2007 7:17 am

yeah it was the same weather in the wda tourny friday to get into the championship game and it didnt seem like anyone was slipping, the teams did whatever they had too and tried to win the weather wasnt going to stop them
Last edited by brownbomber on Sun May 27, 2007 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Sun May 27, 2007 8:11 am

highheat wrote:
b-baller wrote:Give the tournament committee a Grade F for even playing the Championship game.

doesnt show much love for the game if central was trying to stay 10 runs behind. i dont know about players slipping with metal cleets on, unless they did it in the dugout...or they just need to learn to walk. had they just called the game and given north the one seed all the central people would complain about not being given the opportunity to play for the edc championship, especially hear on preps.

Love of the game has nothing to do with it.  All the players on both teams love the game or they wouldn't be out there.  The point is, it was the only game that wasn't played early because it didn't need to be.  North was clearly the number one seed and there would have been no complaining if they were seeded one and Central two. 

The wind chill at game time was 29 degrees, you could see your breath, and it was drizzling.  I am just glad no one got hurt from either team, if someone had, then you would have heard lots of comments like mine.

By the way, the comment about not scoring on purpose was sarcasm.
Last edited by b-baller on Wed May 30, 2007 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby b-baller » Sun May 27, 2007 8:12 am

teddybear wrote:* Shanley as the host (Metro Tourn Committee).  Food was terrible    Final Grade D-

Sorry, I thought the food was good!
Last edited by b-baller on Sun May 27, 2007 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby Central208 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:44 am

so having metal cleats means that no one can slip when metals spikes are half an inch long and there was 2 inches of water and mud all over the field. idk what spikes you have but i'd sure like a pair.
Central208
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Central208 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:50 am

I love the grading scale, central got to state and failed in your eyes. Don't forgot we were the 7th seed and laughed at all season. I guess the only way to pass your scale is to take first, hey man this is only EDC not STATE. Get your stuff straight.
Central208
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teddybear » Sun May 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Central208 wrote:I love the grading scale, central got to state and failed in your eyes. Don't forgot we were the 7th seed and laughed at all season. I guess the only way to pass your scale is to take first, hey man this is only EDC not STATE. Get your stuff straight.
That is why it is called EDC highlights, not state highlights.  Also the grade was for laying an egg in the championship game, not for the whole tournament.   Get your stuff straight. 
teddybear
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Class A