Fargo Shanley at Enderlin

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:23 am

How did Fargo Shanley do at the Enderlin Tournament?
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:56 am

Shanley beat Kindred 1-0, Langdon 5-4 in "Sudden Death", and lost to Minot Ryan 8-4 in 4 innings because of the time limit.

*Sudden Death- If the game is tied after 5 innings there is a coin flip.  The team that wins the coin flip gets first at bat, with the person who made the last out at 2nd base.  If they can knock in the runner within the "Sudden Death" inning they win without the other team getting an opportunity.  If not, the other team gets their chance with the same scenario.  It was a pretty interesting way to end a game to say the least.

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:48 am

shs01240 wrote:Shanley beat Kindred 1-0, Langdon 5-4 in "Sudden Death", and lost to Minot Ryan 8-4 in 4 innings because of the time limit.

*Sudden Death- If the game is tied after 5 innings there is a coin flip.  The team that wins the coin flip gets first at bat, with the person who made the last out at 2nd base.  If they can knock in the runner within the "Sudden Death" inning they win without the other team getting an opportunity.  If not, the other team gets their chance with the same scenario.  It was a pretty interesting way to end a game to say the least.

thats the dumbest thing ever, granted it was a tourney and they wanna stay on scheduale but baseball is not supposed to have sudden death.  who knows maybe next year a basketball game can be decided by a game of horse or possibly lightning....how exciting would that be
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:26 pm

baseball wrote:
shs01240 wrote:Shanley beat Kindred 1-0, Langdon 5-4 in "Sudden Death", and lost to Minot Ryan 8-4 in 4 innings because of the time limit.

thats the dumbest thing ever, granted it was a tourney and they wanna stay on scheduale but baseball is not supposed to have sudden death.  who knows maybe next year a basketball game can be decided by a game of horse or possibly lightning....how exciting would that be

hahaha that actually would be actually be really exciting and intense
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:25 am

did they just not try verse bishop ryan or what?
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:05 am

power-aid14 wrote:did they just not try verse bishop ryan or what?

The Enderlin tournament provides Shanley with the opportunity to get a lot of the backups playing time that they wouldn't otherwise get.  I think that answers your question.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dynasty2 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:35 am

Maybe shanley is not very good and got beat.
dynasty2

Postby sports4lif3 » Tue May 01, 2007 11:18 am

actually its like SHS said, Shanley only started 2 varsity players against minot ryan.  Not a single conference pitcher threw in the tourney except one inning.
Last edited by sports4lif3 on Tue May 01, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
sports4lif3

Postby power-aid14 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:53 pm

must be cuz yeah minot ryan wouldnt stand a chance vs their studs
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue May 01, 2007 4:57 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
baseball wrote:

i know, who wouldnt want to see the state championship be decided by 2 kids playin horse...hahaha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tigger » Wed May 09, 2007 4:28 am

The highlight of the Shanley/Minot Ryan game was hearing Shanley's coaches whine at the end.  By rule, they were not allowed to start another inning if the clock got under 5 minutes (of the 90 minute time limit).  Ryan had gotten 2 quick outs in the bottom of the fourth, and then their coach called time and brought in the entire infield for a conference to milk the clock down enough that the last out came with just under five minutes left.  It was hilarious because Fargo coaches are such crybabies.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed May 09, 2007 5:55 am

Tigger wrote:The highlight of the Shanley/Minot Ryan game was hearing Shanley's coaches whine at the end.  By rule, they were not allowed to start another inning if the clock got under 5 minutes (of the 90 minute time limit).  Ryan had gotten 2 quick outs in the bottom of the fourth, and then their coach called time and brought in the entire infield for a conference to milk the clock down enough that the last out came with just under five minutes left.  It was hilarious because Fargo coaches are such crybabies.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  The coaches weren't whining over a game where the majority of the starters were bench players.  This just sounds like the typical jealous comment of a class b player who thinks their teams could compete in class A. 
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonman » Wed May 09, 2007 7:39 am

baseball wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
baseball wrote:

i know, who wouldnt want to see the state championship be decided by 2 kids playin horse...hahaha

You mean, it'd be decided by which 2 kids screw off the most and only know trick shots.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Thu May 10, 2007 5:00 am

shs01240 wrote:
Tigger wrote:The highlight of the Shanley/Minot Ryan game was hearing Shanley's coaches whine at the end.  By rule, they were not allowed to start another inning if the clock got under 5 minutes (of the 90 minute time limit).  Ryan had gotten 2 quick outs in the bottom of the fourth, and then their coach called time and brought in the entire infield for a conference to milk the clock down enough that the last out came with just under five minutes left.  It was hilarious because Fargo coaches are such crybabies.

I have no idea what you are talking about.  The coaches weren't whining over a game where the majority of the starters were bench players.  This just sounds like the typical jealous comment of a class b player who thinks their teams could compete in class A.
I was sitting right next to the Shanley dugout when it happened and Asst. Coach Rustad was whining like a hound dog.  I know the local team here couldn't compete in Class A, but I also know that Mr. Rustad has a history of being a crybaby for the Bombers (Class B Legion team).
Last edited by Tigger on Thu May 10, 2007 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:18 am

Tigger wrote:
shs01240 wrote:

I was sitting right next to the Shanley dugout when it happened and Asst. Coach Rustad was whining like a hound dog.  I know the local team here couldn't compete in Class A, but I also know that Mr. Rustad has a history of being a crybaby for the Bombers (Class B Legion team).

very true
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:07 am

Number7 wrote:
Tigger wrote:
shs01240 wrote:

very true

Say what you will, but anyone that has ever played for him will tell you he is one of, if not the best coach they have ever played under.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tigger » Fri May 11, 2007 4:27 am

Say what you will, but anyone that has ever played for him will tell you he is one of, if not the best coach they have ever played under.

I will agree with you that he does get a lot out of his players.  His Bombers team last year was one of the top teams in the state.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby experiencingtechnicaldiff » Fri May 11, 2007 10:17 am

Tigger wrote:

I will agree with you that he does get a lot out of his players.  His Bombers team last year was one of the top teams in the state.

Yes, that is true.. Also one of the hardest working teams
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology." -Red Auerbach
experiencingtechnicaldiff
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon May 14, 2007 5:50 pm

[user=996]shs01240[/user] wrote:

Seems to me like there were three teams that could compete with the big bad class A Fargo Shanley team. But these days when I hear Fargo Shanley I think class b talent anyway. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class A