St. Mary's

Postby baseball18 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:02 pm

I've heard some good things about their baseball team.  They were pretty good last year and they were still young.  The only player they lose is Bohan, even though he was an essential part to their performances I think they can still do well.  I thought they should have made state last year and they will for sure this year.  Kinda low on pitchers but they still have Loomis ( who I think is the best pitcher in the west, probably the state) and Drew Eichele isn't bad for a 2 starter.  But i think Minot will still be the top team with St. Mary's not far behind.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:45 pm

a lot will depend on pitching and the bottom of the order... they possibly can win wda, but it will be tough... i got 1. minot 2. century 3. st. mary's 4. dickinson for top 4... most likely those 4 will go to state but you never know
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDbaseball » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:52 pm

St. Mary's should be a pretty good ball team, I agree with Ming01's standings.
NDbaseball

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:10 pm

chances are slim to none of winning WDA. 1 in 50
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby kel20Nd » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:12 pm

[align=left]With Loomis they diffentely have a chance.  I would say a little better then 1 to 50
[/align]
Last edited by kel20Nd on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 pm

I think St Marys is a good team and will make the state tournament probaly, however i dont see them winning the WDA tournament because I dont know who they would throw in the Championship against a good team like Minot or possibly someone else.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbaseball » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:19 pm

Chances are a lot better than 1 to 50..heck, they should have beat them last year during the regular season, and I think they have a lot better chance of beating them this year than last year, Idk, maybe I'm wrong here.
NDbaseball

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:22 pm

NDbaseball wrote:Chances are a lot better than 1 to 50..heck, they should have beat them last year during the regular season, and I think they have a lot better chance of beating them this year than last year, Idk, maybe I'm wrong here.

I can see St Marys beating them but only with Loomis imo.....Minots just to good of a team they will be solid thru the whole lineup. Their pitching staff is so deep they can save their ace for the championship game. Just on another note I can see Dickinson being extremely tough this year.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbaseball » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:25 pm

Yeah i definitely think Dickinson will be a Dark Horse in the West..
NDbaseball

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Yeah i see them top 2 in the West along with Minot.....they just return a lot of good players. Also a pretty good pitching staff.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby huskers » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:24 am

I really do not see it happening. They were a better team last year as far as I am concerned. They lost their catcher, which IMO, is one of the most important positions on the field in high school baseball. They only have 1 pitcher that I would feel comfortbale winning me any game in Loomis and if he is forced to catch a lot of innings watch for him to break down and overthrow later in the season. Eichele, the No. 2 pitcher tends to get flustered when things/umps are not going his way. The number 3 starter is going to be a total wild card, either Erhardt, Klabo, or perhaps even Chuppe. That rotation isn't deep enough to compete with the elite teams in the west. If Loomis, Erhardt, and Eichele are not hitting, I believe it's going to be very tough for them to win games as I am not impressed at all with the rest of their lineup, very weak in my opinion. Finally, if someone happens to go down with an injury or suspension, etc, they have NO bench. Their bench is very thin with only a couple game games of varsity action and those were second games. I believe that this will be a middle of the pack WDA team, mainly due to lack of depth, poor coaching and the players lack of respect for the coach.
Last edited by huskers on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4for4 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:17 am

Yeah you do have a point there...but someone like erhardt might do just win pitching when using wood bats. The number 3 or 4 pitchers this year are going to look a lot better than last year. St. Mary's being a small ball team this year might not do so bad, it's hard to tell this early.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:20 am

huskers wrote:I really do not see it happening. They were a better team last year as far as I am concerned. They lost their catcher, which IMO, is one of the most important positions on the field in high school baseball. They only have 1 pitcher that I would feel comfortbale winning me any game in Loomis and if he is forced to catch a lot of innings watch for him to break down and overthrow later in the season. Eichele, the No. 2 pitcher tends to get flustered when things/umps are not going his way. The number 3 starter is going to be a total wild card, either Erhardt, Klabo, or perhaps even Chuppe. That rotation isn't deep enough to compete with the elite teams in the west. If Loomis, Erhardt, and Eichele are not hitting, I believe it's going to be very tough for them to win games as I am not impressed at all with the rest of their lineup, very weak in my opinion. Finally, if someone happens to go down with an injury or suspension, etc, they have NO bench. Their bench is very thin with only a couple game games of varsity action and those were second games. I believe that this will be a middle of the pack WDA team, mainly due to lack of depth, poor coaching and the players lack of respect for the coach.

Interesting point... Bohan will be a huge loss, he kept them in games.  But they have the most returning of any other team.  From what I ve seen, the teams this year are not as great and deep as in recent years.  I think St. Mary's will finish atleast top 3.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby huskers » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:41 am

Those are good points, wood bats could make it easier on the thin pitching staff. I still see them as placing either 4-6. It will be fun to see how right or wrong I am once the season starts.
Last edited by huskers on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
huskers
NDPreps Starter

Postby uber pwnage » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:07 pm

NDbaseball wrote:Chances are a lot better than 1 to 50..heck, they should have beat them last year during the regular season, and I think they have a lot better chance of beating them this year than last year, Idk, maybe I'm wrong here.

So you're fine with a St. Mary's topic, but if it's on Mandan you have a problem?

Anyways, I think they'll do good, but they won't win WDA.
uber pwnage

Postby smart source » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:28 pm

last year when st mary was winning in minot they brought in loomis to close and minot absolutly shelled him i think they score like 4 runs on 5 hits or something like that but that could change with wood bats i guess
smart source

Postby NDbaseball » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:23 pm

uber pwnage wrote:

So you're fine with a St. Mary's topic, but if it's on Mandan you have a problem?

Uber, I'm glad your out to get me, but let's get real here. This is the only topic St.Mary's has probably had on just themselves. Mandan has about 50. I wasn't bashing the team itself, I was only agreeing to the ones who said sarcastically "Wow another Mandan topic". Why don't you call them out? It's a public forum, worry about yourself..as long as I'm not speaking to you directly, then you have no business worrying about me and what I say or agree with.
NDbaseball

Postby uber pwnage » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 pm

NDbaseball wrote:
uber pwnage wrote:

Uber, I'm glad your out to get me, but let's get real here. This is the only topic St.Mary's has probably had on just themselves. Mandan has about 50. I wasn't bashing the team itself, I was only agreeing to the ones who said sarcastically "Wow another Mandan topic". Why don't you call them out? It's a public forum, worry about yourself..as long as I'm not speaking to you directly, then you have no business worrying about me and what I say or agree with.
Alright let's be real. Mandan doesn't have 50 posts on themselves and the one that was started on them was by someone from Fargo.
Still being realistic here, how will these forums benefit from people bashing threads. If you don't like the topic don't post in it.
I think I should be worrying about it because it did affect me and many others directly. Because of your "sarcasm" that thread was locked and no one can post in it anymore.
So please if you don't like the topic don't post in it.

Why do people hate that there is an abundance of posts for Mandan or for any other team for that matter. It shows team spirit and pride. Instead of trying to reduce the amount of posts on one team you should be trying to get more posts about your team and more people involved.

Sorry for getting so off topic and possibly ruining this post, but I felt that was necessary.

Anyways, I got: 1. Minot 2. Dickinson 3. Mandan 4. Century.
uber pwnage

Postby highheat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:25 pm

mandan third in the wda might be a stretch.
highheat

Postby uber pwnage » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:06 pm

highheat wrote:mandan third in the wda might be a stretch.

Haha, a man can dream...
uber pwnage

Postby highheat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:29 pm

uber pwnage wrote:
highheat wrote:mandan third in the wda might be a stretch.

Haha, a man can dream...

ill give you that, and baseball is one of those games where anybody can win or lose on any given day no matter who they are playing. so in that case, mandan could finish third, or even better.
highheat

Return to Class A