Class A baseball

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:47 pm

kpuck34:

How do you know who is available to start already for CHS, Who is Schlosser, what has he proven at the varsity level. If you were a coach, you would see that CHS would benefit defensively by using Dustin Wenzel as a catcher, where he is needed, Heilman does not have the tools to catch on a "quality" team, D. Wenzel really should be in the outfield, but then again you probably think Isakson can handle the position as a sophomore. I also understand that there are other good players at CHS that are not on your projected "starting" lineup, it looks to me as if you have 'favorites" and questionable starters, I would love to pick the Chs lineup, it would be different than yours!   

What about John Frasse, Drew Hasauer, Adam Ries???
Last edited by exwestcoach on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exwestcoach

Postby 4for4 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:15 pm

Just curious exwestcoach, what do you think the CHS lineup will look like?
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:09 pm

exwestcoach

Very interesting comments. Ries had a decent summer playing for Bismarck's senior babe ruth team, he may see playing time this spring, I'm not sure what other options the Patties have at 1B.  Hausauer plays hard and has a decent stick but his clubhouse and off-the-field conduct have a lot to be desired.  Fraase is a wildcard, nobody seems to know if he will play this spring or not.  Yes he is a talented athlete but it's hard to be an impact player when your priority is basketball and only play baseball in the spring.  I have nothing against Fraase, I think he is a real talent on the basketball floor and I wish him the best of luck in college (has he committed to a school yet?)

The catching position is a real question mark for the Patties, they don't have the established catcher like Bohan at St. Mary's.  DWenzel will do well if that is where the coach decides to play him.  Mark my words, DWenzel can flat out hit and will be somewhere in the line-up.

Nathan Schlosser is an unbelievable athlete.  By the end of the season, he was probably one of the best hitters on Bismarck's 15 YO babe ruth baseball team and another one of the reasons they went to the World Series last summer.  Schloss can play outfield, 1B and even pitch.  Look for him to have a slow start but be a key ingredient come tourney time when Century is battling to advance to the state tourney.

I don't have "favorites" I just know who might give the Patties the best chance to have a successful season and advance to the state tourney.
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:20 pm

I already stated D. Wenzel would help the team right now as a catcher, eventhough I think his true position is as an outfielder. If you want my lineup, here goes:

C - D. Wenzel

P -

1b - Frasse -is he playing?

2b - Hausuaer

SS - Wentz

3rd - Geinert

LF - C. Wenzel

CF - Geshellchen - needs to hit, otherwise all the defense in CF deosn't matter.

RF - I guess Schlosser, no one else sticks in my mind

This is your best defensive lineup. When Wentz pitches, I would move Geinert to SS, Hausuaer to 3rd, and bring in your next best infielder, unless there is someone other than the two mentioned who can handle the 3rd base position, I am not aware of any. I hear rumors that the Kendall kid is loved by the coach, I've never seen him, I hear he is small and not very strong yet. I now see our lineup is not much different, I just have a hard time automatically placing sophomores in starting roles, especially prior to the season starting. I also understand that there really is no true true starting lineup, it depends upon who is pitching, hurt, is struggling at the plate, defensively, etc. I guess it will all work out in the wash. 
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:21 pm

See puck34
exwestcoach

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:32 pm

Puck34:

Just have a couple of questions:

1. Is Frasse playing baseball?

2. Whats the deal with Haus? I played ball with him, he's not bad, I know he is not into alcohol or drugs? Club house?

3. Can Ries play varsity defense?

Your opinion ?
exwestcoach

Postby KPuck34 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:50 pm

exwestcoach

I'm not a coach, I'm just an outsider projecting line-ups.  I agree it's up to the coach to put the best line-up out on the field that will help the team win.  I wouldn't guarantee a starting spot to an unproven sophomore either.  I'm just going by what I've seen from the stands during the spring and summer.

Q: Is Frasse playing baseball? A: Don't know, haven't heard. Nobody seems to know for sure.

Q: Can Reis play varsity defense? A: Depends on the day of the week.  Don't know for sure.  Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Q: What's the deal with the Hausauer kid? A: He plays hard and never leaves the field with a clean jersey.  Swings a decent stick (isn't he a lefty?).  I haven't heard that he's into drugs or alcohol just that he talks like a sailor at times. 

You played ball with Haus?  Softball? Baseball?  How old are you?
KPuck34
NDPreps Starter

Postby exwestcoach » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:08 pm

kpuck34:

Thanks for the input, on Frasse and all. I know Haus has a problem with what comes out of his mouth, I am 25, I played softball with his older brother and he messed around with us at a few non- sanctioned tourneys, kinda like the tenth guy because we only had 9, he was with his bro and we asked him to play, he about tripped over his tongue saying he would. I don't know him that well but he had a great time playing sball with us. Seemed to be very competitive, and i did notice, more than once he let the F bomb slip over the weekend. 

At any rate thanks for your input and good luck to all WDA baseball teams, talk is just talk, actions will speak louder than words, I hope to see as many games as possible this spring. Thanks Kpuck34!!    
exwestcoach

Postby dwenzel34 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:12 pm

To answer those questions, Frasse is playing baseball and reice can play pretty good defence, but everyone can have an off day. Drew Hauauer isnt into drugs and doesnt run his mouth like everyone seems. Drew is probably the hardest worker on the team.
dwenzel34

Postby demons#8 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:32 pm

these are my predictions for wda minot and bismarck will be battling for 1 and 2

williston

century

dickinson

st. marys

buelah

mandan

belcourt
demons#8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 4for4 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:50 pm

1) Minot

2) Up for grabs (CHS,BHS,Dickinson,Williston)

6)St. Mary's

7)Beulah

8)Mandan

9)Belcourt
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby gazel22 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:30 pm

Stefan i'm glad to see that you're doing all this pre-season analyzing, it's really great man.  And you know what the funny thing is, that you'll also get to do a lot of it this during the season while you're riding the pine.

[align=left]1.Minot[/align]
2.Williston

3.BHS

4.CHS

5.Dickinson

6.St.Mary's

7.Beulah

8.Belcourt
gazel22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:54 am

Why are we bashing me sure i may swear and all but if swearing had anything to do with anything matt loomis and various other people would never touch the field but thank you for saying i swear to much if your not a coach how do you know my clubhose conduct??? please inform me this
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:57 am

2 sports threat I have 3 things for you:
1. I can say whatever I want to a certain extent on this board, weither Im from St. Mary's or not.
2. You have no respect for St. Mary's
3. Im not on JV dummy.  And don't say crap unless you've seen me play before.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4for4 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:54 am

:dude:
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby dwenzel34 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:11 pm

Enough with the bashing, Century and St. Marrys are both good teams. Ming I dont think you guys won the game yet so i wouldnt be talking a big game.
Last edited by dwenzel34 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwenzel34

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:28 pm

2 SPORT THREAT wrote:Why are we bashing me sure i may swear and all but if swearing had anything to do with anything matt loomis and various other people would never touch the field but thank you for saying i swear to much if your not a coach how do you know my clubhose conduct??? please inform me this

Haus your just rambling on and on... Leave Loomis out of this.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby exwestcoach » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:50 pm

I am very glad to see that there is no love lost between St. Mary's and Century. The season has "officially" started, this verbal battle should be quite interesting provided the battle can be played out as brilliantly as it has on paper. Good luck and let the games begin!!!!  
Last edited by exwestcoach on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exwestcoach

Postby ndsioux » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:05 pm

hey 2 sport threat, just because ming might not be any good doesnt mean he doesnt know what he's talking about. Look at all the major league managers and hitting coaches, etc. Many of them weren't very good players. Just because Ming can express his opinions without attacking somebody doesn't give you the right to go off on him. For one I'm rooting for St. Mary's this year because of people like you and Geinert and others' attitudes
ndsioux

Postby exwestcoach » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:26 am

Ming 01 and 2 sport threat need to stop sparring, get over it, let the games decide the outcome and not talk and egos. Lets find another topic to kick around. 
exwestcoach

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:35 am

Lets just talk about class A baseball, nobody has to prove how good of a player they are to have an opinion.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NYYANKS » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:25 pm

Does anybody know ANYTHING about the east. Id like to hear about the schools like shanley, west fargo, j-town, d-lake. Are they going to be any good this year and who are some players that should stand out for them?

NYYANKS
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:26 pm

I dont know about West Fargo players.  But Lagein and Lundon from D-Lake are pretty good.  West and DL will both be pretty good.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:28 am

1 Minot  solid all around

2 WHS  good still up for grabs

3 CHS  good still up for grabs

4 BHS  good still up for grabs

5 DHS   only have a 1 man team

6 Mandan  decent seniors need pitching

7 SMCHS only 2 solid players 3 if loomis pitches

8 BEULAH casey hausauer is their hopes

9 BELCOURT no clue
Last edited by Saucesauer on Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsioux » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:03 pm

thank you for that informative post 2 SPORT THREAT... compelling as usual
ndsioux

PreviousNext

Return to Class A