7. D-Lake
8. Wahpeton

State-
1. Minot
2. South
3. Century
4. St. Mary's
5. RR 

I guess i didn't realize there were 10 west teams and 8 teams. What does that make of the number of games played?
#1balla

Postby shs01240 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:23 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1333]#1balla[/user] wrote:
baseball18 wrote:WDA-
1. Minot
2. Century
3. St. Marys
4. Bismarck
5. Dickinson
6. Mandan
7. Jamestown
8. Beulah
9. Williston
10. Belcourt

EDC-
1. South
2. RR
3. North
4. WF
5. GFC
6. Shanley
7. D-Lake
8. Wahpeton

State-
1. Minot
2. South
3. Century
4. St. Mary's
5. RR 

I guess i didn't realize there were 10 west teams and 8 teams. What does that make of the number of games played?
</span>
Don't forget Valley City. I believe they now have a program and will be in the East.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:50 pm

EDC Tournament Standings
1. North
2. South
3. West Fargo
4. Red River
5. Shanley
6. Devils Lake
7. Central
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City
Results
1st round: North beats Wahp. Kries and Central upset South. West Fargo beats Devils Lake. Shanley upsets Red River.

2nd round: North beats Shanley. South beats Devils Lake. West Fargo beats Central. Red River beats Wahpeton.

3rd round: North beats West Fargo in championship (both advance), Red River beats South (RR advances), Shanley beats Central (Shanley advances)

State tournament Rankings
1. North
2. WF
3. Shanley
4. RR
-mark it down
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:50 am

shs01240 wrote:EDC Tournament Standings
1. North
2. South
3. West Fargo
4. Red River
5. Shanley
6. Devils Lake
7. Central
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City
Results
1st round: North beats Wahp. Kries and Central upset South. West Fargo beats Devils Lake. Shanley upsets Red River.

2nd round: North beats Shanley. South beats Devils Lake. West Fargo beats Central. Red River beats Wahpeton.

3rd round: North beats West Fargo in championship (both advance), Red River beats South (RR advances), Shanley beats Central (Shanley advances)

State tournament Rankings
1. North
2. WF
3. Shanley
4. RR
-mark it down

im hoping that by your state tournement rankings you mean thats wat seeds the teams in the east will be and not the top teams in the state
smart source

Postby shs01240 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:56 am

you are correct, i was worried someone might misconstrue that. All i really know about the west is that minot is always good. i am in no position to predict the overall state rankings.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kel20Nd » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:31 pm

1.minot
2.dickinson
3.st.marys
4.mandan
5.century
6.bismarck
7.williston
8.jamestown
9.turtlemountain
kel20Nd

Postby purple haze » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:08 am

south

north

west fargo

shanley

red river

devils lake

central

whap

valley

goin to state will be south choking and not goin...again, north, red river, west fargo, and shanley
purple haze
NDPreps Rookie

Postby highheat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:42 am

purple haze wrote:south

north

west fargo

shanley

red river

devils lake

central

whap

valley

goin to state will be south choking and not goin...again, north, red river, west fargo, and shanley

shanley and west fargo wont be ahead of red river and central will be better than devils lake. at the bottom i think you were trying to say south will choke again? sentence structure>you
Last edited by highheat on Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:46 pm

highheat wrote:
purple haze wrote:south

north

west fargo

shanley

red river

devils lake

central

whap

valley

shanley and west fargo wont be ahead of red river and central will be better than devils lake. at the bottom i think you were trying to say south will choke again? sentence structure>you
sentance structure haha nice touch high heat, just get outta english class?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:50 pm

1. minot
2. century
3. st. mary's
4. dickinson
5. bhs
6. mandan
7. jamestown
8. beulah
9. williston
10. belcourt

1. south
2. red river
3. north
4. west fargo
5. central
6. shanley
7. d-lake
8. wahpeton
9. v-city
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:05 am

i don't know about century at no. 2 ming. it depends on the play of wentz and by the sound of it he might not be ready to go for the high school season. unless i'm mistaken, i've herad rumors that he won't be able to pitch but he will be able to hit so they may play him at first or DH him....correct me if i'm wrong?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:41 am

NODAKsportsFAN wrote:i don't know about century at no. 2 ming. it depends on the play of wentz and by the sound of it he might not be ready to go for the high school season. unless i'm mistaken, i've herad rumors that he won't be able to pitch but he will be able to hit so they may play him at first or DH him....correct me if i'm wrong?

yeah i heard he's going to play 1B. but i also heard he will be ready to go but if he isn't than I would probably drop them down to 4th.
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:11 am

1. South
  2. Red River
  3. North
  4. Central
  5. West Fargo
  6. Shanley
  7. Devils Lake
  8. Wahpeton
  9. Valley City
Not sure if this is how they will finish, but pretty sure the  top four teams will advance to state. 

EDC Conference standings positions 4 thru 7 in the standings are the most unpredictable. 

Don't know much about the West except Minot will no doubt be the favorite all the way through.

Last edited by Willy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:16 am

i'm just gonna say that IMO the grand forks teams are getting more credit than they deserve.  Don't forget that central was a bottom feeder for the majority of the regular season.  with the loss of landry and 8 other seniors,  i don't see them even sniffing the top4
Last edited by shs01240 on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 am

shs01240 wrote:i'm just gonna say that IMO the grand forks teams are getting more credit than they deserve.  Don't forget that central was a bottom feeder for the majority of the regular season.  with the loss of landry and 8 other seniors,  i don't see them even sniffing the top4

central will have a couple kids back that contributed last year like kreis, moe, and reiopelle, but those three wont be enough to get them to state or out of the bottom of the edc. red river will have the offense back but not the pitching they had last year. if red river wants to win the east theyll have to put up a lot of runs every game or have some unseasoned pitchers step up and shut down their opposition.
highheat

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:00 pm

Central used a lot of underclassmen throughout the tournaments last year after the JV season was over.  That is when they had their most success.  For example, at the end of the State Championship game, there were only 3 seniors on the field.  Did anyone else's JV come up and contribute as much at the end of the season?
Last edited by Willy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:25 pm

Willy wrote:Central used a lot of underclassmen throughout the tournaments last year after the JV season was over.  That is when they had their most success.  For example, at the end of the State Championship game, there were only 3 seniors on the field.  Did anyone else's JV come up and contribute as much at the end of the season?

no because most teams dont need to bring up jv players to improve. if you look at the two of the three teams (north and red river) from the east that went to state last year, they werent bringing up kids all the time to see who could produce, they already had people who could produce
highheat

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:54 pm

That's a good point, what I was trying to point out is that Central has some good kids to replace the graduated seniors this season, so they may not be as bad as most people think who just look at all the number of they seniors lost, like shs1240. 

Central wasn't bringing up kids all the time, in fact they waited until the JV season was over.  They let them develop by getting a lot of playing time and expanded roster for tournaments.

Another thing shs1240,  Red River is not getting too much credit.  They will be good. 
Last edited by Willy on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:38 pm

I was basing my central prediction on the roster given at the west fargo baseball site. If the JV thing is true then they may be tough, but without the likes of Landry and Greciar i still don't believe they will be too terribly competitive.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but RR is going to rely heavily on their hitting this year. Not a lot of pitching and, IMO, hitting can only get you so far with wood bats.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:37 pm

You are putting too much on the wood bat thing,  but if you are correct, it will also make Red Rivers pitching better, right? 

Didn't just about all the east contenders lose 2 or 3 studs from last year?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby inittowinit » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:57 pm

Dickinson will be a solid team from the west this year...they have alot of quality returning starters from last year!!
inittowinit

Postby highheat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:00 pm

wood bats wont make that much of a difference. some balls that would get into the outfield with aluminum wont make it because of the smaller sweet spot on a wood bat, but for the same reason some ground balls wont get out of the infield grass and will end up being a hit.
highheat

Postby smart source » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:02 pm

highheat wrote:wood bats wont make that much of a difference. some balls that would get into the outfield with aluminum wont make it because of the smaller sweet spot on a wood bat, but for the same reason some ground balls wont get out of the infield grass and will end up being a hit.

i've talked to some players at minot state and they say nobody knows how much it will effect the players bcuz they say its a huge difference and im gonna take their word for it beings that they know from experience
smart source

Postby Willy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:21 pm

wood will change the game a bit, but it won't give any team an advantage, the effects will be the same for everyone.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class A