2007 WDA and EDC Predictions

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:Question how is Red RIver so high and nobody has said a word about them on here yet

you must not read very well. there hasnt been much said, but if you go back to when nyyanks made that long post, he went fairly in depth about them and theres been some other little posts by other people.
</span>

I know i have said it before, but i have a difficult time seeing Red River living up to that ranking. Where's the pitching? It's gonna be hard to replace potter and spies.

who will be on shanelys pitching rotation? will eric jagim? and does his bro ben stlil pitch after shoulder surgery or not? just curious
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:54 am

[user=2655]sportsman20[/user] wrote:
who will be on shanelys pitching rotation? will eric jagim? and does his bro ben stlil pitch after shoulder surgery or not? just curious

jagim, sand, brady kays, and some other young kids i cant think of off the top of my head. ben jagim hasnt played baseball for a couple years so i dont see him coming out for the team this year.
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:51 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:

jagim, sand, brady kays, and some other young kids i cant think of off the top of my head. ben jagim hasnt played baseball for a couple years so i dont see him coming out for the team this year.
</span>

Luke Fritz has been lookin pretty good this winter and may sneak up on teams this year. Highheat i think you work out with him and may be able to elaborate a little bit more if you like.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 am

is bryan qvale playin baseball? i heard he might just get ready for college bball
smart source

Postby smart source » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 am

is bryan qvale playin baseball? i heard he might just get ready for college bball
smart source

Postby Strike3? » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:10 am

smart source wrote:is bryan qvale playin baseball? i heard he might just get ready for college bball

I can see how he would do that since hes not going to be playing summer ball...although if he dosent go out thatd hurt williston a lot, id think hed be their best pitcher and one of their better hitters.
Last edited by Strike3? on Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:16 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=678]Strike3?[/user] wrote:
smart source wrote:is bryan qvale playin baseball? i heard he might just get ready for college bball

I can see how he would do that since hes not going to be playing summer ball...although if he dosent go out thatd hurt williston a lot, id think hed be their best pitcher and one of their better hitters.
</span>

I thought i read in a basketball thread that he gave up baseball to work on basketball last year?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:18 am

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=678]Strike3?[/user] wrote:

</span>

I thought i read in a basketball thread that he gave up baseball to work on basketball last year?
I know he played baseball in high school last year, but he did not play legion.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 am

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1334]highheat[/user] wrote:

</span>

Luke Fritz has been lookin pretty good this winter and may sneak up on teams this year. Highheat i think you work out with him and may be able to elaborate a little bit more if you like.

ive only worked out with him once and we didnt do anything baseball, just plyometrics (my favorite). i have seen him throw though. compared to the people he works out with (some 11-12 year olds) he's pretty good.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:17 pm

highheat wrote:

</span>

ive only worked out with him once and we didnt do anything baseball, just plyometrics (my favorite). i have seen him throw though. compared to the people he works out with (some 11-12 year olds) he's pretty good.

sorry shs but Luke Fritz's name should never come up on this forum he is a good JV pitcher at best and will be tore apart in varsity (if he sees the mound)
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:20 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
highheat wrote:

</span>

sorry shs but Luke Fritz's name should never come up on this forum he is a good JV pitcher at best and will be tore apart in varsity (if he sees the mound)
</span>
Only time will tell i guess
Anyways, does anyone know about RR's staff this year?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:34 pm

according to the wf baseball site, red rivers returning pitchers are eric meland, dan jones, and garrett sondrol.
highheat

Postby b-baller » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:45 pm

Look for junior Micheal Kraft to get more innings than Dan Jones.   Top five will be Meland, Kraft, Galbreath, Sondrol, and Jones.
Last edited by b-baller on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby highheat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:51 pm

i dont think meland will pitch too much. if he's on the mound, that puts a huge hole in the infield.
highheat

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:55 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=802]b-baller[/user] wrote:
Look for junior Micheal Kraft to get more innings than Dan Jones.   Top five will be Meland, Kraft, Galbreath, Sondrol, and Jones.

All 5 are unproven, correct me if i am wrong. Should be interesting to see if they can live up to their pre-season rankin.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby b-baller » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:25 pm

shs01240, I'm assuming you are basing most of your views from what you saw at Shanley games and little else, including the Legion season.
b-baller

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:32 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=802]b-baller[/user] wrote:
shs01240, I'm assuming you are basing most of your views from what you saw at Shanley games and little else, including the Legion season.
</span>

thats exactly what i am doing, they should've been swept by Shanley if you were at the double header too. thats also the main reason i am asking, can't say i was impressed with what i saw outside of Potter and Spies, but I KNOW THE COACHES WOULDN'T HAVE RANKED THEM THAT HIGH WITHOUT A REASON. I'm just lookin for stats and the like about guys i have never heard of, or seen
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm

i dont think meland will pitch too much. if he's on the mound, that puts a huge hole in the infield.

You are correct, Meland is an excellent SS, but I think Meland will still pitch a lot.  RR will move Compton to SS from 2nd base when Meland pitches.  He has a good glove also.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:36 pm

Anyone have the EDC Coach's poll?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:37 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=627]Willy[/user] wrote:
Anyone have the EDC Coach's poll?
</span>

It's been posted earlier in this thread.
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:53 pm

[font=Arial]State

1. Minot. 2. Fargo South. 3. Grand Forks Red River. 4. Century. 5. Fargo North.

West Region

1. Minot. 2. Century. 3. Dickinson. 4. St. Mary's. 5. Williston. 6. Bismarck. 7. Mandan. 8. Jamestown. 9. Beulah. 10. Turtle Mountain.

East Region

1. Fargo South. 2. Grand Forks Red River. 3. Fargo North. 4. West Fargo. 5. Fargo Shanley. 6. Grand Forks Central. 7. Devils Lake. 8. Wahpeton. 9. Valley City.[/font]
highheat

Postby Corella » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Facts are that the only pitcher who could even be considered dominant returning this year in the East is Alex Kreis from Central, and given Central's offense graduated last year, his ERA and K's will remain solid, but his W-L record may not look too good.

That said, the fact that there are no dominant pitchers returing, the preseason poll in the East is largely based on the returning position players for each team.  RR returns Meland, who took either 1st or 2nd in the EDC with an average of around .470 and was All-EDC, and Andy Sadler, who is a 2 time All-EDC player and undoubtably one of the best talents in the state along with the fastest.  Also returing to the starting lineup are Compton at 2B, Meland at SS, Charlie Miller at 3B, Sadler behind the plate, and Jones and Galbreath in the OF.  Garrett Sondrol and Peter Brekke also played a fair amount last year as SO, and Jordan Bancroft will play a major role on the mound and at SS/3B as a SO this year as will Michael Kraft who had a very good summer pitching for the GF Class B team and also pitched a fair amount for the GF Royals.  He also catches and will allow Sadler to play the outfield more this year as he did in the summer.

All in all, it really doesn't matter who has what for returners on the mound this year because there isn't a team in the East that has a dominant starter back other then Central.  It will all come down to which team makes the adjustment to woods and which team plays the best defensively, because the pitching end of things is going to be way, way, way down.  So as far as returning position players, South and RR are unmatched in the East and can justify their ranking.  The preseason poll is based on who has what coming back, and top to bottom the East poll is exactly how I'd expect it to look.
Last edited by Corella on Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corella

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:40 pm

So what's the word on this Maryland kid on Century?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSU17 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:38 am

1. north

2.south

3.shanley

4.rr

5.central

6.wf
NDSU17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teddybear » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:22 pm

Corella wrote:Facts are that the only pitcher who could even be considered dominant returning this year in the East is Alex Kreis from Central, and given Central's offense graduated last year, his ERA and K's will remain solid, but his W-L record may not look too good.

That said, the fact that there are no dominant pitchers returing, the preseason poll in the East is largely based on the returning position players for each team.  RR returns Meland, who took either 1st or 2nd in the EDC with an average of around .470 and was All-EDC, and Andy Sadler, who is a 2 time All-EDC player and undoubtably one of the best talents in the state along with the fastest.  Also returing to the starting lineup are Compton at 2B, Meland at SS, Charlie Miller at 3B, Sadler behind the plate, and Jones and Galbreath in the OF.  Garrett Sondrol and Peter Brekke also played a fair amount last year as SO, and Jordan Bancroft will play a major role on the mound and at SS/3B as a SO this year as will Michael Kraft who had a very good summer pitching for the GF Class B team and also pitched a fair amount for the GF Royals.  He also catches and will allow Sadler to play the outfield more this year as he did in the summer.

All in all, it really doesn't matter who has what for returners on the mound this year because there isn't a team in the East that has a dominant starter back other then Central.  It will all come down to which team makes the adjustment to woods and which team plays the best defensively, because the pitching end of things is going to be way, way, way down.  So as far as returning position players, South and RR are unmatched in the East and can justify their ranking.  The preseason poll is based on who has what coming back, and top to bottom the East poll is exactly how I'd expect it to look.
RR and South "unmatched" as far as returning position players returning.  Please explain.  Good players returning but not unmatched.  I believe North as as many (if not more) position players returning that were regulars last year. 
teddybear
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Class A