Darkhorse Teams

Postby FargoHottie15 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:37 am

neither does anyone in the east. RR has either the 1st or 2nd best lineup in the east(south). Sadler, meland, and gahlbreth hit for average, the 2 big boys clean up, and guys like dan jones, compton scrap. They'll give up runs, but they'll plate just as many. I see them as top 5 State-wide.
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:31 pm

I think williston could do better then everyone thinks..Williston is always competitive..
sportsfan1989

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 am

FargoHottie15 wrote:neither does anyone in the east. RR has either the 1st or 2nd best lineup in the east(south). Sadler, meland, and gahlbreth hit for average, the 2 big boys clean up, and guys like dan jones, compton scrap. They'll give up runs, but they'll plate just as many. I see them as top 5 State-wide.

West Fargo will have very solid pitching from starters to the bullpen
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:40 am

Number7 wrote:
FargoHottie15 wrote:neither does anyone in the east. RR has either the 1st or 2nd best lineup in the east(south). Sadler, meland, and gahlbreth hit for average, the 2 big boys clean up, and guys like dan jones, compton scrap. They'll give up runs, but they'll plate just as many. I see them as top 5 State-wide.

West Fargo will have very solid pitching from starters to the bullpen

their pitching is unproven besides horsager.
highheat

Postby LT#3 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:22 am

ok guys enough bashin wf because they have the deepest starting pitching in the east with Horsager, Greshik, Rheault, and Hensley who all have alot of experience, plus juniors coming up that bring quite a bit of Gas, lets just all wait and see what happens at the end of the season when they are K'ing every one of you
LT#3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby shs01240 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:56 am

LT#3 wrote:ok guys enough bashin wf because they have the deepest starting pitching in the east with Horsager, Greshik, Rheault, and Hensley who all have alot of experience, plus juniors coming up that bring quite a bit of Gas, lets just all wait and see what happens at the end of the season when they are K'ing every one of you

There wasn't any bashing of WF.  It is a fact that most of their pitchers are unproven.  That doesn't mean they won't be good, just that not everyone is sold on them YET.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mashpuppy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:40 am

how does west fargo have the most depth?

south- rude, rusch, edland, sorenson

north-herian, bergeron, hirchert, schutz

Mashpuppy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby FargoHottie15 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:54 am

i'm really tired of shs and ghetto revival chastizing everyone and declaring everyone to be "unproven"....who are you to talk negative about anyone? I'd like to hear some arguments as to what distinguishes the shanley baseball team as "proven"
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby whateverittakes » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 pm

Mashpuppy wrote:how does west fargo have the most depth?

south- rude, rusch, edland, sorenson

north-herian, bergeron, hirchert, schutz

West Fargo may not have every proven but certainly could have the most potential out of all of these groups they have their ace in Cole Horsager

1.Cole Horsager    2.Tyler Greshik 3. Justin Rheault 4. Adam Crist 5. Curtis Hensley

Theres there fvie best pitchers and then senior Justin Feist he could step up and make a difference Luke Steckler junior
Last edited by whateverittakes on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:22 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=599]FargoHottie15[/user] wrote:
i'm really tired of shs and ghetto revival chastizing everyone and declaring everyone to be "unproven"....who are you to talk negative about anyone? I'd like to hear some arguments as to what distinguishes the shanley baseball team as "proven"
</span>

When someone is "unproven", it means that they have all the skills to be a solid varsity contributor. They just haven't gotten the opportunity yet. I didn't want to come off as negative at all, just stating my opinion. Sorry if anyone was offended, but i really don't know where this is coming from.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JR » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:43 pm

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=599]FargoHottie15[/user] wrote:
</span>

When someone is "unproven", it means that they have all the skills to be a solid varsity contributor. They just haven't gotten the opportunity yet. I didn't want to come off as negative at all, just stating my opinion. Sorry if anyone was offended, but i really don't know where this is coming from.

I agree with shs ... many of the west fargo kids are very unproven.. even our ace in horsehauger is unproven in my opinion.. he did not start a game at edc last year.. we do have alot of potential but for people to be saying were the most solid and deepest is just hype that we have to fufill. I mean Cole is good and Greshik is good those are the two proven.. I am unproven because i only threw in like 2 games last year because i hurt my arm and hensley threw alot but needs to be alot more effective this year so in my opinion everyone in the east is unproven ... there really is no proven teams because most of the teams lost most of their rotation.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoof_Team » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:39 pm

FargoHottie15 wrote:i'm really tired of shs and ghetto revival chastizing everyone and declaring everyone to be "unproven"....who are you to talk negative about anyone? I'd like to hear some arguments as to what distinguishes the shanley baseball team as "proven"

Simmer down.

Shanley's not a proven commodity by any stretch of the imagination but they are a good candidate for the Dark Horse of the EDC. (which is what this topic is supposed to be about, anyway). They have okay hitting and a good 1-3 rotation. They may surprise this year.  
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby Orr4 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:15 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:I think williston could do better then everyone thinks..Williston is always competitive..
I agree. Williston is having a good start this year. Expect them to be up top.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:27 am

Is it too late to pick Wahpeton or GF Central as a darkhorse?
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby keepinitreal » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:35 pm

I knew you'd hop on the bandwagon Willy, glad you are aboard!  The WF pitching rotation is the deepest?  Horsager is the consensus "staff ace" and he gives up 7+ to North?  I would have to put North, South, and Central's staff ahead of the WF rotation.
keepinitreal

Postby Willy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:15 am

keepinitreal, if you are on the bandwagon, I'm jumping off.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:34 am

its not too late, its too early. central has played one conference game and wahpeton has played three. give it until theyve got a couple more games that matter under their belts until you jump on any bandwagons.
highheat

Previous

Return to Class A