Fargo
10%
Grand Forks
5%
Other
12%

Total votes : 60

Postby MHSfan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:29 pm

Since we have a discussion on the worst I thought that we better put one in about the best field also.  I'm from Minot so I might be a little bias but I believe that Corbett Field is the nicest in the state, field wise.  The bleachers kind of struggle but they are the originals from back in the day so that is kind of cool.  Mike Littler babies that field all year and it is always in top- notch form.  I've played on fields were the pitchers mound is like quicksand and you can ever get a good push off but after each and every game, they go out there and make it as good as new.  It stays in pretty good shape for all the games that are played on it from Minot high and bishop ryan baseball in the spring also including the MSU team and the babe ruth and legion games held there in the summer.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:56 pm

i would also say corbett is the nicest field to play at...i would say wiliston but they have cement foul lines and the crapiest mound so im going with corbett
smart source

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:45 pm

I am gunna have to go Mandan it was better before the remodeling but there is just somthing about the feild that makes it a great place to play
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby netminder08 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:24 am

totally agree!!
netminder08

Postby Number7 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:38 am

one really nice field thats not on the list is jamestown's.  Jack Brown is a great place to play baseball especially with the ivy and grandstands.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDbaseball » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:48 am

I don't know if there's ONE best field to play at, if that makes any sense. Some are better than others, but I dont know if you can pick just one. Each field has it's goods and bads, but overall, I think ND has some very nice ballparks...
NDbaseball

Postby baseball30 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:33 pm

im from dickinson and we might have one of the worst fields in the state, but they are redoing the mound, backstop, and i beleive the entire infield. so maybe, just maybe it might be a decent field, but dont get your hopes up
baseball30

Postby Honus355 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:44 pm

When the Central Plains was in Mandan in 2005, the day before when the teams arrived they all stopped by at the field. I was at the park and one of the guys from Kansas came up to me and was just in awe of the field. He asked what pro team played there. He was shocked to learn that it was the legion/high school field. He said they play on "softball"-esque diamonds that are all the same with little character. Most ballparks in the state have something that distinguishes them!
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby kel20Nd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:14 pm

baseball30 wrote:im from dickinson and we might have one of the worst fields in the state, but they are redoing the mound, backstop, and i beleive the entire infield. so maybe, just maybe it might be a decent field, but dont get your hopes up

Thank god man, playing on the thing during the school year is like playing on concrete!
kel20Nd

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:01 pm

When the 13 year old babe ruth regional was in Minot I believe in 2004, the kids and the parents came up into the stands at Corbett and started to take pictures and they were also in shock and awe because every where else they played were on crappy fields and not nearly as good facilities.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:05 pm

I can see that Minot has a very nice field...they keep it in top notch condition.
Last edited by Strike3? on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports4lif3 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:48 am

i played a game for highschool up in duluth at wade stadium.  you really just almost feel outa place in that nice of field ( almost )
Last edited by sports4lif3 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sports4lif3

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:00 pm

this year our regional was in Desloge, Miss. and the feild we played at waas by far the worst field i have ever played at the dirt was red with rocks and the outfeild was so unbelievably weedy but right next to the baseball feild is their football one and it is by far one of the nicest football fields i have ever seen

now i have played my fair share of paseball in various places and i would have to say that as a whole ND has some of the nicest ballparks in the midwest maybe the country.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDbaseball » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:11 pm

kel20Nd wrote:
baseball30 wrote:im from dickinson and we might have one of the worst fields in the state, but they are redoing the mound, backstop, and i beleive the entire infield. so maybe, just maybe it might be a decent field, but dont get your hopes up

Thank god man, playing on the thing during the school year is like playing on concrete!

I didn't know you pitched, kel20...
NDbaseball

Postby kel20Nd » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:29 pm

NDbaseball wrote:
kel20Nd wrote:

What do you mean by that cuz i dont pitch?
Last edited by kel20Nd on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby Willy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:35 pm

Sorry, the best field poll at the top of the page is not complete without Jack Brown in Jamestown on the list!
Last edited by Willy on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:15 pm

Willy wrote:Sorry, the best field poll at the top of the page is not complete without Jack Brown in Jamestown on the list!

i agree the best field in the state hands down isnt even on the list...unless you think its in a list of its own haha:D
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Honus355 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:37 am

I don't think that Jack Brown was the nicest field last summer. Last summer it was all dry and brown (shortage of water), but I agree, it deserves time on the list as it generally is one of the nicest in the state.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby whos on first » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:45 pm

i really like minots field alot their field is very good... and also mandan's is very good too i like how they re-did their field and other stuff. I would have to say that those two fields are tops in the state along with a couple others
whos on first

Postby ndsioux » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:57 pm

Saucesauer wrote:this year our regional was in Desloge, Miss. and the feild we played at waas by far the worst field i have ever played at the dirt was red with rocks and the outfeild was so unbelievably weedy but right next to the baseball feild is their football one and it is by far one of the nicest football fields i have ever seen

now i have played my fair share of paseball in various places and i would have to say that as a whole ND has some of the nicest ballparks in the midwest maybe the country.

I agree, the parks around North Dakota are amazing. I'd have to cast my vote for either Memorial in Mandan or Aafedt in Williston. Oh and by the way Haus, the abbreviation for Missouri is MO, Miss. would be Mississippi. but just nitpicking haha
ndsioux

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:03 pm

I just love Mandan with the way they have those yellow rails in front of their dugout and the big wall if you want to call it in left field
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbq_chicken_fan83 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:53 pm

bismarck has one of the trashiest fiellds in the state. great for mccquade though.
bbq_chicken_fan83

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:58 pm

i dont see how people think williston has such a nice field...i like the park but as far as the field goes the cement foul lines, the steel fence, the fact that there are dead spots all over the outfield, and the fact that they have the worst pitching mound ever i dont even know wat kinda dirt they use on it but its terrible those facts dont make me wanna put it up there so im going with minot and mandan having the best fields
Last edited by smart source on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby ballin24/7 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:45 am

[user=598]kel20Nd[/user] wrote:
NDbaseball wrote:
kel20Nd wrote:
What do you mean by that cuz i dont pitch?
who is this????
ballin24/7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:29 pm

dickinsons is nice in the summer but crap in the spring
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Class A