12%

Total votes : 60

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:30 pm

mandans field is sweet
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:07 am

Would whoever started this poll start over and add Jamestown to the list!  Grand Forks an Dickinson on the list and not Jamestown, that takes all credibility away from the poll.
b-baller

Postby smart source » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:09 am

from a playing aspect corbett has to be the best field in the state...mandan is close but they have those bleachers that reflect so much when the sun is going down...how could williston have more votes than corbett
Last edited by smart source on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby ndbb » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Jack Brown Stadium is the best field in the state.  It has the authentic baseball feeling.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Strike3? » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:55 pm

ndbb wrote:Jack Brown Stadium is the best field in the state.  It has the authentic baseball feeling.

Jack Brown Stadium is a sweet place to play but I would say its not the BEST field in the state but its up there...ill agree with smart source in from a playing aspect Corbett is the best field.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby YOUNGWONDER911 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:17 pm

Dickinsons field is okay.. nothing special.. however, when you look at the seats it has and the general setup, it is nice, but the playing field isnt that great.  willistons is definatley nice, as well as mandans, but we always had to play on those other fields for spring and stuff before we played highschool ball
YOUNGWONDER911

Postby ballin2 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:56 am

I think Minot has the best field.I would say williston but there foul lines are gay and and bismarck's field is no good. So i would have to say its between Mandan and Minot. Dickinsons field is to hilly, the outfield is bad for that.
ballin2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:14 am

d town is supposed to be getting almost completely redone so we will see how that turns out
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby kel20Nd » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:19 pm

Minot definetely had the best baseball atmosphere. As a player  my favorite game is going up to minot. They got the music playing and they actually got some high school kids that go to the game. Meanwhile the rest of the state seems just dead when it comes to baseball compared to what it was 5-10 years ago.

Mandans field is nice but it needs a brake they got BSC playing two seasons, mandan varisty and jv, shiloh, chiefs and As, heck standing rock even plays on there sometimes. I remember shiloh n standing rock were playing a game there and we were practicing on the other field and we can see boths teams taking soft toss into the fence around the back stop and dugout just destroying the fence. The sad part is they didnt know any better, i mean the batting cages were like 20 feet away. I dont know how much more of a beating that field can take.
Last edited by kel20Nd on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby Strike3? » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:30 pm

kel20Nd wrote:Minot definetely had the best baseball atmosphere. As a player  my favorite game is going up to minot. They got the music playing and they actually got some high school kids that go to the game. Meanwhile the rest of the state seems just dead when it comes to baseball compared to what it was 5-10 years ago.

Mandans field is nice but it needs a brake they got BSC playing two seasons, mandan varisty and jv, shiloh, chiefs and As, heck standing rock even plays on there sometimes. I remember shiloh n standing rock were playing a game there and we were practicing on the other field and we can see boths teams taking soft toss into the fence around the back stop and dugout just destroying the fence. The sad part is they didnt know any better, i mean the batting cages were like 20 feet away. I dont know how much more of a beating that field can take.

I agree good post, Minot is a sweet place to play. Such a nice field.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball1981 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:07 pm

I personally love Mandan. Its just a different type of field, nothing way out there but it's a little different, and a plus, the mound is fantastic. Jamestowns is also a very nice field.
baseball1981

Postby highheat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:52 pm

i liked the mandan field but you could tell it was getting eaten up pretty bad from being used so often. williston has a good atmosphere but the foul lines and mound were brutal. jack williams would be one of the top fields if it wasnt destroyed every year by the river and if they hadnt ripped it up for the world softball classic. it would help if some people went to the games played there, but the redhawks take all the baseball interest away.
Last edited by highheat on Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highheat

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:56 am

i like willistons but i suppose when ur home field is one of the nicest its kind of the deciding factor.
klg_11

Postby MHSfan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 am

I'm not a fan of Williston's field.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:07 am

im gonna go with jack brown when the ivy is nice and green...its beautiful
tadam6

Postby Wildcat » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:31 pm

I would have to say Minot has the best field, in terms of how it looks and playing on it. I believe Mandan has the best overall ballpark with seating and what not. Dickinson's ballpark is okay overall, but the field might be the worst part of it. I like the seating and the way most of it is setup.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Class A