other college players

Postby FargoHottie15 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:33 pm

hey just wondering...other than Ebert and Lundy, where did the other '06 grads end up this year?  I know a couple guys went down to an Iowa CC and a few went to UND...
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby kel20Nd » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:27 pm

[align=left]tyler liffrig- umary
andy leer-umary
paul moch-umary
matt kranzler-umary
justin connell-bsc
john frasse-bsc
that huettl from minot i believe is playin at minot state not for sure tho
[/align]
kel20Nd

Postby smart source » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 pm

kory houston just inked at minot state
smart source

Postby highheat » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:24 pm

i saw torey bohan was on the jc roster as well as rob harty.
highheat

Postby RAK » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 pm

[font=arial]Grant Kragness, from Fargo North has made Varsity at Valley City State.[/font]
RAK

Postby lefty » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:07 pm

well i would hope so
lefty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby b-baller » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:53 pm

VCS was 1-15 in the DAC last year, are you sure they have a JV?
b-baller

Postby highheat » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:41 pm

yes they have a jv, as do most of the DAC schools. the jv teams in the DAC only play 10-15 games during the season though.
highheat

Postby b-baller » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:52 am

Sorry, that was meant to be sarcasm.
b-baller

Postby RAK » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:49 pm

Keep an eye on VCSU this year, they are going to make some noise. Talk is they will be right up there with Jamestown, They only lost 2 Seniors, From last years team that beat NDSU.
RAK

Postby b-baller » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:13 am

I guess moving from 6th place to 5th place is making noise.  Right up there with Jamestown?  What a joke.

[size=17]Jimmies, Blue Hawks top DAC preseason poll
[i]â€â€
Last edited by b-baller on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby highheat » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:41 am

billy sholl committed to ndsu
highheat

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm

so highheat who am i? since you are so sure you know
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Fargo314 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 pm

RAK wrote:[font=arial]Grant Kragness, from Fargo North has made Varsity at Valley City State.[/font]

I think Kragness will have many oppurtunities to move up and out of VC State and I hope he does after next years season cause he is the one kid that I think was under the radar throughout the state and deserves alot more credit then what people give him.
Fargo314

Postby klg_11 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 am

Tucker Slagle is at Dickinson State
klg_11

Postby klg_11 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:52 am

kel20Nd wrote:[align=left]tyler liffrig- umary
andy leer-umary
paul moch-umary
matt kranzler-umary
justin connell-bsc
john frasse-bsc
that huettl from minot i believe is playin at minot state not for sure tho
[/align]

ryan lee is also at umary with leer and liffrig
klg_11

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:13 pm

RAK wrote:Keep an eye on VCSU this year, they are going to make some noise. Talk is they will be right up there with Jamestown, They only lost 2 Seniors, From last years team that beat NDSU.

Chauncey Calhoun will make an imediate impact for them. Prossibly the most tallented player in the state at any level. As far as the NDSU victory they lit up a senior making a spot home start that was having terrible arm problems and was hoping to get a few innings in but didnt get out of the first inning. As soon as they brought in one of their main pitchers Williams they only got one hit the rest of the game. Give the Freshman lefty Wilson for VC credit he threw a great game. But play that game 100 times and VC wins one out of those 100 games against NDSU.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby FargoHottie15 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Tom Ebert picked up the win for IWCC in his first start last week...goin 4 Inn, 7 H, 4 K...and Tyler Lundy has already hit 2 bombs in 4 games. Things are lookin up for these guys
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby Willy » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:22 am

I think the sky is the limit for Lundy, look for him to play pro some day.  Not a bad start for Ebert but he'll have to improve on 7 hits and four runs in four innings.  Good run support got him the win, can't depend on that every time.  I hope they both do well!
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:47 am

Looked at the IWCC Reivers baseball page...looks like Lundy's bombs were a part of an 11 bomb spot put up by them in a double-header....I'd say Lundy is a perfect fit down there
Last edited by baseball4 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4

Postby magichoops » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:20 pm

Tyler Lundy

Perfect Game in correlation with Crosschecker.Com has compiled a list of the top 200 junior college players in the nation. Appearing on the list are two Iowa Western Community College freshmen that will be patrolling the outfield this Spring for the Reivers. Lundy; the North Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year; will play in the outfield along with being the teams closer on the mound.

Charlie Shirek (not mentioned here, but deserves to be)
2007 Outlook: The development of right-hander Charlie Shirek (pronounced SHEAR-ick) last season gives the Husker pitching staff three veteran pitchers to build the weekend rotation around • Compiled a 4-2 record with a save and a 3.23 ERA in 18 appearances last season, leading all Big 12 freshmen in ERA • Worked in a variety of roles throughout the year, primarily serving as NU’s No. 4 starter • Moved into NU’s weekend rotation for two starts after Joba Chamberlain’s injury, highlighted by a three-hit shutout of South Dakota State • Proved his ability to pitch in pressure situations, pitching 4.2 innings of shutout relief in a nationally televised win at fifth-ranked Texas and tossing 6.1 innings of one-run ball in a win over Creighton in front of a crowd of 21,158 at Omaha’s Rosenblatt Stadium • Tops out in the low 90s with a heavy sink and can locate four pitches for strikes • Rated as the No. 2 prospect in the Northwoods League in each of the past two years • Rested in the fall and did not participate in fall drills, allowing him to be ready for the start of spring drills.
Last edited by magichoops on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magichoops

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

John Greicar is at Mayville State University
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highheat » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:42 pm

greicar might not be getting a whole lot of playing time  the next couple years with brock gnadt transfering from duluth.
highheat

Postby kel20Nd » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:21 pm

highheat wrote:greicar might not be getting a whole lot of playing time  the next couple years with brock gnadt transfering from duluth.
Im sure they will find a way to get them both in the lineup
kel20Nd

Postby Saas25 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:50 am

LUNDY NAMED ICCAC SCHOLAR ATHLETE OF WEEK

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tyler Lundy, a freshman OF/P, for the Reivers has earned the Iowa Community College Athletic Conference's "Scholar Athlete of the Week Award". This award is given weekly to Iowa community college athletes that perform in the classroom as well as on the field. Congratulations to Tyler.
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Class A