Toughest Field to play at

Postby allstar23 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:24 pm

what parks do you think are the toughest places to play at?  i believe williston at home because there whole city comes out to watch the game or devils lake at night, because of the street lights in center field.
allstar23

Postby highheat » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:06 pm

williston is very tough to play at with the crowd size, and you can hear the radio announcer talking while youre on the mound. Jamestown can be a tough place to play if the idiots show up. its tough to concentrate when theres some random idiot sitting right behind home plate heckeling at the top of his lungs.
highheat

Postby smart source » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 pm

i would say dikinson bcuz the field not cool
smart source

Postby Fargo314 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:27 pm

Jamestown is by far the hardest place to play at, especially 4 or 5 years ago when they could rake at the plate and they usually got some rowdy college kids that show up for the second game.
Fargo314

Postby Fargo314 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:28 pm

*in the EDC*
Fargo314

Postby NDbaseball » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:42 pm

Im laughing because I know exactly who highheat is talking about who sits behind home plate in Jamestown, that guy is out of his mind.  But back to the topic, I believe Minot is always tough to play at.
NDbaseball

Postby Strike3? » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:39 pm

smart source wrote:i would say dikinson bcuz the field not cool

I agree
Last edited by Strike3? on Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbaseball » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:30 pm

I'd have to disagree, Dickinson has a very nice facility in my opinion. Come on guys those concessions are money..
NDbaseball

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:59 am

Willistons conseccions are probly the best in the state and i think they are reasonable prices
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:05 pm

dickinson not cool to play at because of the sun right in your eye in left field and at 3B
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:41 pm

dikinson might as well throw gravel on the basepaths bcuz it cant be any worse than the stuff they had on it this year
smart source

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:53 pm

ya i know it is pretty hard to see once the sun starts to set while you are at 3rd base and left field
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Number7 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:00 pm

if we are talking high school north, shanley, but especially south.  The fields were just thrown into and open fiece of land and are terrible atmospheres for baseball, very hard to pick up the ball with the chainlink fences at all three, and south has about a ten-foot backstop, i mean cmon
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:16 am

I have to agree.  The Fargo southend fields are a joke.  Too bad the high schools have to play there when they have two beautiful facilities in Jack Williams and Newman.  I realize some years Jack Williams floods, but why can't it be used in non-flood years? 

The short backstop, foul balls falling on both fields from the other, its like playing at a softball complex.  Is there an outfield fence on the north diamond yet?
b-baller

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:24 am

b-baller wrote:I have to agree.  The Fargo southend fields are a joke.  Too bad the high schools have to play there when they have two beautiful facilities in Jack Williams and Newman.  I realize some years Jack Williams floods, but why can't it be used in non-flood years? 

The short backstop, foul balls falling on both fields from the other, its like playing at a softball complex.  Is there an outfield fence on the north diamond yet?

im not sure but I hate how the north outfield slants so far downward, if you are in the batter's box its impossible to see the centerfielder from the waist down
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby highheat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:44 pm

i dont think the north field would be that bad if it wasnt abused by other sports during the spring. as for jack williams and newman, jack williams retains too much water in the spring so even if it doesnt flood, its still a swamp and newman would cost a fortune for the teams to play at and thats money the baseball programs dont have.
highheat

Postby Number7 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 pm

great point, plus the bison play at newman  not that they play many home games
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby b-baller » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 am

Scheduling Newman for both HS and NDSU shouldn't be a problem.   Red River, Central, and UND all share the same field in GF.   Valley City, Jamestown, Minot, Mayville, Williston, Bismarck and Dickinson all share their best diamond with their college team.   If there was a conflict, THEN use one of the other fields.   Plus it would be a great recruiting tool for NDSU.
Last edited by b-baller on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
b-baller

Postby Number7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:59 am

Oh I definately agree but I dont know how cost effective it would be due to the fact not many people watch high school baseball games in North Dakota
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby FargoHottie15 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:15 am

is not the issue...Newman is owned and operated by the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, who have agreed to let NDSU play there....NDSU themselves have no say in who gets to use that field. As much as it makes sense to let high school teams use the only professional-grade stadium in North Dakota, (and i am not saying that to start a professional grade field topic so just drop it now) ownership does not want to tear it up, for it takes alot of people and alot of $ to make sure it is in top shape for the summer.
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby FargoHottie15 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 am

*Convenience is not the issue
FargoHottie15
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:50 pm

FargoHottie15 wrote:is not the issue...Newman is owned and operated by the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks, who have agreed to let NDSU play there....NDSU themselves have no say in who gets to use that field. As much as it makes sense to let high school teams use the only professional-grade stadium in North Dakota, (and i am not saying that to start a professional grade field topic so just drop it now) ownership does not want to tear it up, for it takes alot of people and alot of $ to make sure it is in top shape for the summer.

That is incorrect. Newman is owned 34% by NDSU, 33% by the City of Fargo, and 33% by the Redhawks. The redhawks DONT agree to let them play there. The redhawks were not in existance yet when the deal was finalized for a stadium. They were hoping to land a minor league affiliate from one of the major league teams and not the northern league. The northern league was just getting started. Agree NDSU does not have administrative decisions as far as who can schedule games there but NDSU has scheduling priority even over the Redhawks during the course of their season for practice and games. They also split half and half on all projects that are done with the stadium that involve ndsu's use. The only way high school teams would be able to play there is if ndsu was on the road, after one of their practices in the evening, or when their season is over. But once their season is over its Simmi's ballpark.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:54 pm

b-baller wrote:Scheduling Newman for both HS and NDSU shouldn't be a problem.   Red River, Central, and UND all share the same field in GF.   Valley City, Jamestown, Minot, Mayville, Williston, Bismarck and Dickinson all share their best diamond with their college team.   If there was a conflict, THEN use one of the other fields.   Plus it would be a great recruiting tool for NDSU.

Too many games means worn out field. Look at how bad Kraft is by June.

As far as recruiting wise the stadium speaks for itself. You wouldnt need to let high school teams play there to help recruit kids.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby dodgerfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:00 pm

Dickinson's field isn't good in my opinion
Last edited by dodgerfan on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dodgerfan

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:47 pm

dodgerfan wrote:Dickinson's field isn't good in my opinion

it is sure as not as bad as Municipul
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Class A